Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Generally wheel noise is the thing in off-road situations so it wouldn't need sounds.

And all motors make sounds... so the idea that EVs are silent is just false. But it's pernicious and gets into regulation.

-Crissa
Sponsored

CappyJax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Rivian has a built in flashlight that charges from the vehicles battery. I'd like to see that but with more options such as lanterns, portable air compressor, electric lighter, head lamp, etc.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Rivian has a built in flashlight that charges from the vehicles battery. I'd like to see that but with more options such as lanterns, portable air compressor, electric lighter, head lamp, etc.
I tried to have one of those in my car but the battery in the flashlight kept dying. So annoying.

-Crissa

mlsmith

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Mounting options for a 5th wheel and/or Goose Neck trailer hitch. And I can't believe nobody has suggested an optional Flux capacitor yet.

WhoWhatWhere

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Heated seats, heated steering wheel, heated windshield (like on aircraft with gold filaments) not hot air blowing across it. Extra windshield wiper defrosting capability so I don't have to stop and bang the ice off in a bad storm. Forward looking infrared vision for night.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Cab lights please. Maybe built into that light bar above the windshield. Have the option to run that bar it as a light bar or as amber cab lights.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available? Cab lights

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Seats that can lay flat with leg support would be pretty darn nice. I sleep in my truck about 8 days a year on and off during elk season. Depending on the cost of a bed camper, or bed tent I might go for that.

hobbit11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
Country flag
The following wishlist was first compiled by @TyPope. This post is now a "wiki post" and can be edited by all members, so add your wishlist items to the list!

It's a "comprehensive wish list" of things people would like to see in the Cybertruck that hasn't already been confirmed. These are things that are NOT already confirmed by Tesla.

Cybertruck Wishlist [add yours below]:
  1. Trailer brake controls
  2. 2" receiver on front and back built into the body. With access to the pin through a door in the rear of the bed and front trunk to put the locking pin in. This would make the attachments ie. trailer hitch, wench nearly theft proof.
  3. Solar wing. Gun safe. Accessible from outside.
  4. Cyber Trailer with battery to extend Cybertruck towing range.
  5. Solar Roof in addition to Solar Vault cover. The Solar Vault would add about 15 miles per day (per Elon). If adding a solar roof would add another 10 miles, it could take care of my 20 mile round-trip commute for most of the year!
  6. Solid roof for mounting Solar Roof.
  7. Heated AND cooled seats (all 6)
  8. Kneel-down for getting in/out of the Cybertruck
  9. Insulated frunk cooler (we know it has a frunk... let's make a cooler out of it!)
  10. Inclinometer
  11. Trail camera
  12. Tire inflation system
  13. Ability to pick one tire off the ground to make changing it easier. (independently controllable air shocks would do it.
  14. Free Supercharging (Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?)
  15. "Knight Rider" light across the front during charging.
  16. Autonomous trailer connection... Similar to Summon. You get it close to the tongue of the trailer, step out, and hit "Connect to Trailer" or something. It kneels down to get the ball under the trailer hitch, backs up appropriately, and then lifts up so that you can confirm a good connection, swing the tongue jack away, chain the trailer, and connect it electrically (including the Tesla trailer Camera which connects to the CT and lets you see behind the trailer like GM is showing in its commercials now.
  17. Electro-chromatic glass for privacy and to help keep it cool when not occupied!
  18. Seating options to have 2 captains seats in the front instead of a middle seat replaced by a middle console.
  19. Access to pedestrian speaker. Enable music to be played outside.
  20. A HUD. Yes!
  21. A better dash
  22. rear wall can fold flat into the cabin, level with the bed.
  23. Since the truck comes with a compressor. Make the rear seats airbags so they can be deflated for more room.
  24. rear seat bottoms can flop forward to create a large flat surface perfect for a mattress
  25. Four-Wheel Steering or at least a great turning radius
  26. Drain plug in the rear storage compartment in the vault to use as an ice chest if needed.
  27. Air Horn, since onboard compressor.
  28. V2G (vehicle to grid please)
  29. Controls for the vault cover inside the bed so when using it for sleeping you can open up easily
  30. Four hundred plus miles for Dual motor AWD, HUD, and better dash.
  31. [Add yours to the list by clicking "Edit" button below]
  32. rear bed ready from factory for a Flush fit cyber hitch.com & may be offered as a factory option.
  33. Matrix LED/laser auto highlights
  34. No cabin carpet or easily removed carpet with drain plugs so cabin can be washed out when (not if) it gets dirty.
  35. Small screens in the back of the left / Right seats. So passengers could watch movies, play games, surf the web, use misc apps. without bothering the driver (Maybe they should be forced to use Headphones to not disturb the driver) as well as their own climate controls and heated seat settings.
  36. A Starlink (SpaceX internet service) antenna. Roving high speed internet everywhere!
  37. Quad-motor for additional towing capacity, quicker 0-60, and allow all wheels to operate independently to perform tank turns.
  38. Rocket thruster (similar to roadster but more important in a truck) to become un-stuck in mud or snow plus quicker 0-60.
  39. 120 plug in the front and rear storage boxes to plug a cooler in.
  40. Heavy-duty hook at the front of the box to attach a come-along or winch to for bringing things up the ramp.
  41. Sleeper chairs for front seats. Maybe also back seats.
  42. Animated overhead view of truck or truck and trailer while backing up
  43. 5.5 Footbed options
  44. Cab lights
  45. High amp 12V terminal in cab with audio connections for expandable audio system
V2G...V2G...V2G...

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
A heated Cybertruck steering wheel similar to this design but “full circle“ so it‘s federally compliant.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available? 236CDC5B-3AA5-4D3A-865F-18966CCA7FB3

slee44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck
Country flag
Elon has said that Starlink won't come with any Tesla anytime soon. However he has said that you could purchase an antenna when they are available and just plug it in when you need internet. The cybertruck will be very easy for this since you will have plugs available in the bed.

As for a mount, you can see that the roof, on the edge of the glass and at the edge near the top of the cover, there looks to be covers that probably reveal inserts for roof racks. I'm sure that either tesla, or another company will make a mount for a starlink antenna to attack to one of these for when you are camping.
Thanks so much for your update!!!

scooterjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla X90D, 2017 Kia Soul EV plus, 2010 Honda NT700V
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How about paddle shifter for regenerative braking. I have it on my Kia Niro EV and there are 3 levels with level 1 as the default. It can adjusted to have no regen braking. It is a different but similar experience in my MX. The paddle shifter makes braking more smoother and controllable.
Sponsored