7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Would you buy her?

Can you tell me what you like about her?What don't you like about her?
I like the idea. It looks great from the inside. Is that a catapult on the roof?

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I'm not really a big fan of it. The bed of the Cybertruck will be great for camping, especially if they are able to add climate control to the bed for camping. It will be so much better for camping if they are able to also add a midgate (fingers crossed).

When I look at this camper, I don't see a lot of additional benefits for the money you would spend on it. The bed of the Cybertruck has lights on the sides, you have the Ltracks and Tslots for a collapsible desk if you need one and even a bench. There are already really good mattresses for Tesla camping that fold up, are compact, and don't take up much storage. Even if you want a shower when you are camping, there are also aftermarket products that sit on roof racks and heat using the sun. They have fairly good size tanks, don't require a grey tank, and with a built in air compressor in the Cybertruck, I'm guessing there will be way better versions coming out for good water pressure.

The estimated cost for this is more than the cost of the Model S Plaid. It's a lot of money for a small camper that eliminates your truck bed. Maybe if someone was living in their truck and didn't want to tow a camper behind them, I would consider it to be a good solution

Scot Braley

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
97' chevy 4x4 and a 2015 ford fusion hybrid
Occupation
cabinet maker / handyman
Country flag
I like the idea. It looks great from the inside. Is that a catapult on the roof?
I agree it looks really nice, but how do you get from the cab to the inside, doesn't the back window in the cyber truck roll down. Seem to me they should take advantage of that.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I agree it looks really nice, but how do you get from the cab to the inside, doesn't the back window in the cyber truck roll down. Seem to me they should take advantage of that.
There has been no confirmation of that. we're still waiting to here if the window will roll down, or if there will be a midgate, or if we won't get either of those things.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I don't like the price, at all. I was thinking that the Cyberlandr was on the edge for me, especially considering that it strips me of all the cargo carrying ability i am getting the CT for, but $135,000? Other than that, and the piss poor aerodynamics, it looks like a very capable camper.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I don't like the price, at all. I was thinking that the Cyberlandr was on the edge for me, especially considering that it strips me of all the cargo carrying ability i am getting the CT for, but $135,000? Other than that, and the piss poor aerodynamics, it looks like a very capable camper.
Yeah I can't really get over the price for this thing either. Even if they have amazing quality, with a high end interior, it shouldn't cost $135,000. The only reason I could think it costs this much is because they sell extremely few and rely on the profit off a couple to keep going.

For $10,000 less you can get a 30' airstream globetrotter that sleeps 6 with dedicated kitchen space, bathroom with a shower, and tons of storage space. I'm not saying that people should buy one over the other, but just based on value I would go for the airstream.

However, I would personally just want a simple camper like the one Tesla shows on the website. If someone made something like that, with the ability to open and close, but remain a little more insulated for winter camping, I would buy it right away. I just want something that utilitzes the bed of the Cybertruck and I can see the stars through a clear roof. The perfect solution for me would be if Tesla just puts in a midgate and I wouldn't need any additional camping stuff for the Cybertruck at all.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
There has been no confirmation of the bed area being connected to the air handling unit in Cybertruck, either. We guess there are T slots. We hope there will be a mid gate. Those were requests and suggestions from the community that have taken off like wildfire in speculation. Maybe these camper manufacturers have inside knowledge and are planning accordingly.

We know so little about what CT will actually have. I am starting to wonder if the speculation will dampen the desire after revealing the final version because people built it up too much in their minds. It certainly does not help when the CEO makes statement of information coming “in a month or so” and we still wait 6 months past that for any crumb of news. Maybe he was using Marian months.

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
There has been no confirmation of th bed area being connected to the air handling unit in Cybertruck, either. We guess there are T slots. We hope there will be a mid gate. Those were requests and suggestions from the community that have taken off like wildfire in speculation. Maybe these camper manufacturers have inside knowledge and are planning accordingly.

We know so little about what CT will actually have. I am starting to wonder if the speculation will dampen the desire after revealing the final version because people built it up too much in their minds. It certainly does not help when the CEO makes statement of information coming “in a month or so” and we still wait 6 months past that for any crumb of news. Maybe he was using Marian months.
Well, Elon did respond 'positively' (meaning, he said they would consider it) to the midgate idea, so it is 't off the table. We all hear you about the "in a month or so" comment. Its really damn frustrating.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I'm not worried about the things that haven't been confirmed. The Cybertruck is amazing and the little wish list that the fans have created are just added bonuses. Even if we don't have climate control in the back, a midgate, or a back window that rolls down, i'm still going to camp in this thing all the time.

Even if there is no big surprise feature and we already have all the information about the Cybertruck. They've already given us a hard exoskeleton that'll be hard to dent and scratch, active air suspension, insane towing capacity, no door hands, sail storage, a ramp, outlets that can charge your stuff, onboard air, and armor glass. They could have held back half that stuff and told us before deliveries started and we would have been amazed.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
A good CT camper needs to be designed in the same way the CT is. Currently it seems as though most campers are being built like old ICE vehicles even when marketed as towards the CT folks, old school with facelift. Throw away everything you know about building a camper and then build it like your building it as a ground up new design and assume it will use as much of the EV it is connecting to for power, AC/Heat, lighting, infotainment, etc as and where possible.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cyberpark

Cyberpark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz,CT
Country flag
I'm not really a big fan of it. The bed of the Cybertruck will be great for camping, especially if they are able to add climate control to the bed for camping. It will be so much better for camping if they are able to also add a midgate (fingers crossed).

When I look at this camper, I don't see a lot of additional benefits for the money you would spend on it. The bed of the Cybertruck has lights on the sides, you have the Ltracks and Tslots for a collapsible desk if you need one and even a bench. There are already really good mattresses for Tesla camping that fold up, are compact, and don't take up much storage. Even if you want a shower when you are camping, there are also aftermarket products that sit on roof racks and heat using the sun. They have fairly good size tanks, don't require a grey tank, and with a built in air compressor in the Cybertruck, I'm guessing there will be way better versions coming out for good water pressure.

The estimated cost for this is more than the cost of the Model S Plaid. It's a lot of money for a small camper that eliminates your truck bed. Maybe if someone was living in their truck and didn't want to tow a camper behind them, I would consider it to be a good solution
Where do you want the midgate to be so you can get in?

Tesla Cybertruck Cypertruck backs RV CT
Sponsored