Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
Musk is dropping even more info on the Cybertruck today! In addition to the info on the Cybertruck's width and laser blade lights, he's just tweeted more info tonight (y)

• The production Cybertruck will look better than the concept version

• The towing technology will feature a payload/towing calculator as well as displaying of real-time changes to max acceleration, braking, cornering, speed on gradient & range (factoring in route elevation changes & cargo or tow mass & drag impact).

Tesla Cybertruck Musk: Production Cybertruck Will Look Better Than Concept and Feature Advanced Towing Software Tesla Cybertruck Towing Technology
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
All that stuff can be done with a simple load cell coupling between the trailer and the tractor as discussed in previous posts here.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Yes, by the end of next year. At least that what they have been saying each year for the last couple of years.

As for the beer runs: at first, no. Then as the authorities discover that teenage boys are using dad's CT to get beer for them, yes.

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Pre-ordered CT Tri Motor, F250, Toyota Tundra, Jeep Wrangler X, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Self employed Ice cream industry, Snow Plowing, Charter Fishing on the Great Lake Erie, Commercial Properties
Country flag
I like all of Elons Tweets but I still would like to know if the CT will able to mount a snowplow

moonrover

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I wonder how the look will change. The original look grew on me. I hope they keep the straight line down the back for aerodynamics. Just realized, you wouldn’t want to introduce angles there for the tonneau cover.

bfdog

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, Honda Element, GX470
Country flag
He said slightly better looking. I emphasize slightly in my mind. Metal will be bent the same-guessing. Probably tailgate, front lights, wheel, and wheel well changes.—all slight if any. As far as fancy towing software, he just mentions incorporating the effects of towing on anticipated/calculated performance so you know your range. The fancy software will be active dampening (While towing, auto driving/navigating and ride height controlling downhill in a turn while avoiding sway). But his tweet didn’t say that.

Zhe Wiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MYP, 2015 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
FileMaker Developer
Country flag
Mirrors are archaic. Time to move on. “TV screens” will allow for significantly better low light/dark visibility, for example, and can completely eliminate the blind spot (though I admit that properly adjusted mirrors also eliminate the blind spot, no one seems to know how to adjust mirrors properly any more.)

I doubt the equally archaic US Government will change its rules in time for the Cybertruck, however, so you’ll probably get your wish for real mirrors.

stumby

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S P90D
Country flag
Here's a good article on how real-time response to payload via the active suspension is a game changer.

Tesla Cybertruck’s real-time response to payload via active suspension will upend the pickup truck industry

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertruck-real-time-ui-towing-calculator-active-suspension/

Tesla CEO Elon Musk has revealed that the Tesla Cybertruck will come with a payload and towing calculator that shows real-time data to help drivers understand how extra loads affect the pickup truck and the vehicle’s driving experience.

Musk confirmed the feature in a series of tweets that mentioned the Cybertruck’s laser blade lights and 82″ width. “Yes, will also show real-time changes to max acceleration, braking, cornering, speed on gradient & range, latter factoring in route elevation changes & cargo or tow mass & drag impact,” Musk wrote.

Knowing how the Cybertruck is performing, be it while towing cargo or not, having access to vital information in real-time will allow the driver to make necessary adjustments to ensure a safe and optimal driving experience. The real-time data will be crucial in helping the driver plan a tight turn, execute an overtake maneuver with a heavy payload, or plan for negotiating steep downgrade with cargo in tow. Any additional load on the Cybertruck, or on any vehicle for that matter, can impact how the vehicle responds to braking, turning, or even parking. Of course, another big consideration will be how the extra load will impact the Cybertruck’s range.

The Tesla Cybertruck definitely has the brute power to handle heavy payloads with its entry-level single motor variant capable of towing more than 7,500 pounds and its Tri-Motor All-Wheel Drive version boasting a towing capacity of more than 14,000 pounds. It also has the technologies that will allow it to handle the different dynamics when towing or carrying cargo.

Elon Musk, for example, suggested that Cybertruck’s active ride height and the suspension’s active damping capability can help make for a smoother ride that will also maximize efficiency especially in vehicles where the weight ratio is imbalanced. But dynamically sensing the differences in front and rear weight and making real-time adjustments to its weight distribution by changing ride height and suspension damping, Cybertruck will have maximum performance regardless of its use case. This, in turn, will ensure energy consumption is kept to a minimum thereby negating range impacts.

Furthermore, Tesla will be able to train its neural net with suspension data gathered from its Cybertruck fleet to further improve the driving experience based on load and terrain for a given geography through over-the-air software updates.

While details still remain thin on how an actual payload and towing calculator will be integrated into the Cybertrucks interface, having real-time data with dynamic vehicle response to cargo will be an eye-opening game-changer for the pickup truck industry.

The towing calculator makes the Cybertruck even more interesting. Aside from allowing drivers to adjust their driving skills and help manage the extra demand to the vehicle when one is pulling or carrying a load, it can be one factor that wins the pickup truck game for Tesla. No more tug of war needed.

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Calculate this: full load CT towing = 1/3 range, ish. Batteries suck for heavy towing. I hope for 3x more charging destinations, and trailer friendly setups to ameliorate the deficiency.

Tommy Trucker

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When will I be able to order my tractor to convert for full-time RV conversions.
Sponsored