Can I flip my Cybertruck for profit?

cryptotruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pilot, Optima
Country flag
I'm curious if the CB demand is still crazy when they start delivering them, and the secondary market is significantly more than what I paid for it, like $25K more, is there any reason I can't sell it to a third party?
Sponsored

rharl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cyber truck tri motor
Occupation
insurance
Country flag
I think that and possibly even just selling early reservation numbers . If Tesla actually goes in order on them which is not expected.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
It wouldn't be the first time demand out performed supply, and people could sell their vehicle for more than they payed for it. BTW the prices of the model Y were less at the reveal than Tesla is quoting now. I will be SHOCKED if anybody gets there new Cybertruck for the prices at the reveal.

Skidmarks68

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Radtech
Country flag
I would say that price matters for sure. If they asked for $1000 down I wouldn't have participated in the preorder.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Anything can be monetized. Is making a buck worth more than the truck?

I would invest long term in Tesla stock over speculating on a quick resale.

Your needs may be different from mine, I am looking forward to driving the truck.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I'm curious if the CB demand is still crazy when they start delivering them, and the secondary market is significantly more than what I paid for it, like $25K more, is there any reason I can't sell it to a third party?
Only thing I can think of is if Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren become president and get "windfall profit" taxes in place which would make you not want to sell. But even in that case once you own it you can dispose of it any way you want to.

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
Only thing I can think of is if Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren become president and get "windfall profit" taxes in place which would make you not want to sell. But even in that case once you own it you can dispose of it any way you want to.
I agree, it is a big backlash after 4 years of anti-environment.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
The truck itself is definitely less volatile (have you all been watching TSLA over the last few days?) but it did occur to me that if you took delivery and turned right around and sold it that would be a short term gain taxed at straight income rates and, with the state tax, over half your profit might be consumed.

33rocks

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I agree, it is a big backlash after 4 years of anti-environment.
Anti-environment? How so? The U.S. lead ALL other countries in environmental advancements and protections last year. If your talking about the Paris Climate Accord, do a little reading, the U.S. jumped ship because we were basically bank rolling the whole thing. Other countries can still do all of it, they just won’t have us to pay for the whole thing. Inform yourself.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
You would probably make more money buying the stock.
And I did just that because I got out of my Chinese stocks due to Corona. And put it all in TSLA because YOU chuckleheads were going on and on about how you were making so much money on your TSLA stock that you would be able to buy your Cyber with some of the profit.
And I thank you guys. It made me look at the stock. I asked the only 2 people I trust with giving advice about the stock market and they both were non-pulsed by TSLA. So I waited another month ( in which it rose another 50%) before I pulled the trigger.
You can read all about the future of the company and decide for yourself but here is my strategy...
In 2 years when it is time to buy the Cyber, either Tesla will be blowing the doors off the automotive market or be struggling.
If it is struggling it will be because the company failed to maintain its core values and thus I would be foolish to buy their product, and since The stock will not have grown to the extent needed I would not be able to buy the Cyber. And will limp around town in my well-maintained 2008 Dodge Big Horn Ram Hemi.
But if this whole plan comes to fruition then The stock will have doubled by then and I can get the Mac Daddy Cyber from money in my Roth 401k ( I am 63 now).

Cyber_NJ

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Country flag
Great question, I didn't think my first order when through so I kept clicking and got 2 order numbers the next day that are in a pretty great place compared to other numbers. (first 13k and 30k of orders) I was thinking about renting or "showing" the 2nd vehicle for events to ride the hype wave when others are still waiting to get their truck - I know, I know - make more buying the stock but I thought it could be fun to manage.

OP
OP

cryptotruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pilot, Optima
Country flag
Anything can be monetized. Is making a buck worth more than the truck?

I would invest long term in Tesla stock over speculating on a quick resale.

Your needs may be different from mine, I am looking forward to driving the truck.
I'm not trying to make a quick resale, but I do have two reservations so let's say the demand was huge after they started delivering the trucks and i could make another $5k+ to sell my spot or the truck after delivery. Is there anything in the Tesla terms and conditions that prevents me from selling. I know the Model X was selling for a premium after it lanched you could've made $20K +, but i believe Tesla put something in the purchase contract that didn't allow you to buy it to flip. Im not 100% sure, i just figured this would be the place to ask.