But I can sleep in my model x

swinefeaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Awd
Country flag
I was really excited about the cybertruck. But seems I can't sleep in it like I can in my model x. It's amazing having air conditioned space where I can throw a mattress and sleep comfortably with my gf (and I'm 6'). Especially in the winter.

The rear windows on the truck don't open into the bed, so it's a bit of a downgrade sadly. And the range and pricing was a disappointment.

So far it just doesn't add up for me. Am I missing something?
Sponsored

OP
OP
swinefeaster

swinefeaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Awd
Country flag
No thoughts? Maybe if someone made a hard top for the bed with a heat pump you could plug into the outlets back there...

I have an early reservation. Bought 5 min after announce, so might have to decide soonish

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
The back isnā€™t gonna be a place to just put in a hard top and sleep in. Based on the truck losing 10% range just from the tonneau being opened a hard top anything is going to destroy the efficiency.
I really think if the car camping thing is a priority then you should keep doing what youā€™re doing

OP
OP
swinefeaster

swinefeaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Awd
Country flag
The back isnā€™t gonna be a place to just put in a hard top and sleep in. Based on the truck losing 10% range just from the tonneau being opened a hard top anything is going to destroy the efficiency.
I really think if the car camping thing is a priority then you should keep doing what youā€™re doing
sad cause there's so much i love about the truck

vertex

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Country flag
When on a pinch, a Tesla engineer slept on the floor after having the back seats all the way up.

"It's not quite 6 feet but it is also pretty decent for sleeping" at 33:13.

Any estimate on the measure across the floor?

Jethro

First Name
Jethro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (on order)
Occupation
consultant
Country flag
I was really excited about the cybertruck. But seems I can't sleep in it like I can in my model x. It's amazing having air conditioned space where I can throw a mattress and sleep comfortably with my gf (and I'm 6'). Especially in the winter.

The rear windows on the truck don't open into the bed, so it's a bit of a downgrade sadly. And the range and pricing was a disappointment.

TOTALLY AGREE! Iā€™m waiting for tesla to redesign the X plaid so I can sleep in thatā€¦6 seat option does not fold WTF?

OP
OP
swinefeaster

swinefeaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Awd
Country flag
TOTALLY AGREE! Iā€™m waiting for tesla to redesign the X plaid so I can sleep in thatā€¦6 seat option does not fold WTF?
Oh the plaid doesn't fold down! Wtf Indeed

OP
OP
swinefeaster

swinefeaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Awd
Country flag
You know what? That might actually be good enough. Not as romantic as the model x, but even more private haha

Broski

First Name
Broski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag

I guess it just depends what your expectations are for a truck. If you wanna sleep in it, you can get a camper for the bed or tow one. But I do agree this couldā€™ve been a new cool feature that is not traditionally associated with your pick up truck.
I had a minimum wouldā€™ve liked to see the HVAC ported into the bed

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
No thoughts? Maybe if someone made a hard top for the bed with a heat pump you could plug into the outlets back there...

I have an early reservation. Bought 5 min after announce, so might have to decide soonish
I saw a photograph that Joe took in the factory that shows the rear wall of the cab and it ā€˜seemsā€™ to have 2 vents toward the bed. Has anyone else seen these?

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
I was really excited about the cybertruck. But seems I can't sleep in it like I can in my model x. ā€¦.

Yes, a CT with 500 mi range and the thought that I could have a comfortable sleep setup where my torso would be in the cab and my legs extending into the bed ā€” all in comfy camp mode was my dream. The Model X 5 or 7 seat configs can do that well. I never thought Iā€™d consider a MX over a CT but I am now.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Yes, a CT with 500 mi range and the thought that I could have a comfortable sleep setup where my torso would be in the cab and my legs extending into the bed ā€” all in comfy camp mode was my dream. The Model X 5 or 7 seat configs can do that well. I never thought Iā€™d consider a MX over a CT but I am now.
It 'was' a nice dream/fantasy while it lasted...
Sponsored