John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
@ 274,000 reservation level, IMO, is end of 2024 as a conservative estimate. Stretch 2023.

Estimate based on limited production start late third quarter 2022. It is all guesswork.
Sponsored

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
My son worked for Tesla.

You don't get ahead on the line for new unit. You got to take home test vehicles though if there are more unit for test than full time testers. You will be unpaid though for writing you report on your test findings. But you get free merch, hat and T-shirt (both low quality where dye bleeds and easily fades).

Marc G. M.

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Trimotor
Occupation
President and CEO
Country flag
Wow!!! I checked my RN# to find out what my Estimated Delivery Date is and to my surprise this is what i got.
I order my Cybertruck on 11/27/2019
Est Position 273,116
Est Position for Trim 9,560
Est Delivery Date 2/28/2026

This is a crazy delivery date. It has to be wrong. If this is correct i feel sorry for those who order after 11/27/2019.
I think I am giving up on the Cybertruck dream. I am just going to wake up and get the Lighning Lariat, I was one of the first one that put in for it. #1 on my Ford dealer list!
There is nothing to be surprised about here, and here is the clue to the reason: you posted
"est Position 273,116" and "Est Position for Trim 9,560" (for your reservation that you made on 11/27/2019). This means that you must have reserved a single-motor variant. As we know, production of the single-motor variant will be postponed until long after the more expensive variants begin production (if the single-motor variant is ever produced at all). Thus, no surprise in regards to the 2/28/2026 est delivery date.

OP
OP

Jose pena

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thank you guys for all your responses. I will hang in there. I order the single motor FSD. what you guys think they will do with those reservations, since it has been eliminated. They should automatically transfer those reservation to dual motor.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Thank you guys for all your responses. I will hang in there. I order the single motor FSD. what you guys think they will do with those reservations, since it has been eliminated. They should automatically transfer those reservation to dual motor.
It will be very low in production priority and they'll drag their feet to infinity until those who made the reservations drop out.

My advice is to revise and upgrade your configuration to dual motor and you won't loss your spot and you'll get transferred into dual-motor with your low number.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
They will most likely let you make your own decision on which model you want to change to. I bet they will just go in reservation order and give everyone the same choice to change it to whatever actual available option they want.

OP
OP

Jose pena

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My advice is to revise and upgrade your configuration to dual motor and you won't loss your spot and you'll get transferred into dual-motor with your low number.

OP
OP

Jose pena

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How you reviced?

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
How you reviced?
I have not visited the website lately but I was able to update my configuration easily by clicking FSD as option and upgrade to tri-motor (then went back to dual motor with the news that the tri-motor is also due for elimination just like the single motor).

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I have not visited the website lately but I was able to update my configuration easily by clicking FSD as option and upgrade to tri-motor (then went back to dual motor with the news that the tri-motor is also due for elimination just like the single motor).
Hold on just a bit Jose. If you originally ordered with FSD, you ordered at the lower price for FSD. The rumor I've heard here is that Tesla would honor that price. BUT, if you change your reservation, then your FSD price could jump up to $10,000.

Probably you just need to wait until Tesla starts actually contacting reservation holders to see how this plays out.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Only do that when the configurator is open, and we have a clear idea of when different models will be produced.

Until then, there's no reason to alter reservations (and why they took that tool away.)

-Crissa

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Plus there will only be less people once production starts and the time to actually pay or sign some papers.
I wouldn't bet on that, especially for anyone in the earliest end of the queue. With the huge backlog when production starts, anyone with an early reservation would be able to quickly turnover an early CyberTruck for a princely profit. $20,000 would be my conservative prediction.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I wouldn't bet on that, especially for anyone in the earliest end of the queue. With the huge backlog when production starts, anyone with an early reservation would be able to quickly turnover an early CyberTruck for a princely profit. $20,000 would be my conservative prediction.
Just to be clear, everyone here is ok for early reservations to mark up the MSRP 20k to flip, but not ok with Ford dealerships doing this?

One is unethical, the other is good planning and good capitalism?

Ok. Got it.
Sponsored