ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE

Eddyrelik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CT
Country flag
The great unknown here is the conversion rate.

And then the “delayed conversion” (those who convert their res to an order, but delay it for an option, or finances, or whatever)

Then is the rollout plan from Tesla. If the 3+ had a reservation list, then all of Europe and Asia would be ahead of the US, regardless of your number.

So you could know the exact production schedule, and still have no solid date on when they get to you.
from what I recall, you get a VIN assigned while you’re still finalizing financing and payment and actual delivery. So that’s not an issue. Your assigned a vin and it waits for you.

And also your point about Europe….well I assume they will prioritize US first since CT is made in Austin TX. My M3 example from 2017 was when they were made in California only and I’m in SoCal.

Plus people who reserved many and only get one, or decide to cancel. So if your in the US I assume that means you’ll be bumped even sooner than your current reservation number.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Gswift61

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
You've shown no documentation from Tesla to support you have Any "estimated delivery date", at all, so until you do show that, it's just you pulling it out of thin air.

If you were genuinely anticipating a Cybertruck, why did you wait until just a few days ago to become a member of this website and these forums? - even though you say your reservation is over three years old??

- ÆCIII
I didn't know about this forum before, and although im excited about getting a Cybertruck, I have more important things in my life. I'll wait until 2025, or even 2030. I simply asked one question because of a CT spreadsheet out there on the internet that obviously has nothing to do with Tesla. I'll check back in a year or so. I've got a life to live and service to do through my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. God bless all of you.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I didn't know about this forum before, and although im excited about getting a Cybertruck, I have more important things in my life. I'll wait until 2025, or even 2030. I simply asked one question because of a CT spreadsheet out there on the internet that obviously has nothing to do with Tesla. I'll check back in a year or so. I've got a life to live and service to do through my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. God bless all of you.
Yes, the Reservation Tracker spreadsheet has nothing to do with Tesla. It makes sense now why you mentioned an estimated delivery date and position in queue. Perhaps I should've picked up on that, but some of us don't look at that spreadsheet very regularly so it's easy to forget some of the verbiage in there and thus we might not pick up on what you're referring to. Perhaps if you'd clarified you were using the Reservation Tracker and what trim you reserved in the original post, there might've been less misunderstanding.

Since the spreadsheet is only a rough estimate and delivery is subject to a lot of variables including the particular trim ordered, you could get your Cybertruck even sooner, or possibly later than shown in the spreadsheet estimate.

- ÆCIII

Last edited:

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
There were many who replied and tried to better understand your question or explain that no one knows delivery dates yet and only have wild guesses about possible timelines.

Sorry you feel this did not go the way you expected. My apologizes if I offended in anyway. We are all a little bored after 4 years and sometimes look for ways to get a chuckle to brighten our day.

We also have lives though and many are dedicated spiritually. God can even use a forum for His purposes.

Be a light.

OP
OP

Gswift61

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
There were many who replied and tried to better understand your question or explain that no one knows delivery dates yet and only have wild guesses about possible timelines.

Sorry you feel this did not go the way you expected. My apologizes if I offended in anyway. We are all a little bored after 4 years and sometimes look for ways to get a chuckle to brighten our day.

We also have lives though and many are dedicated spiritually. God can even use a forum for His purposes.

Be a light.
Amen! None of us will be taking our Cybertrucks with us when our time is up.

privateer

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla model 3, Ordered 2 motor cyber truck
Occupation
business owner
Country flag
Why would I have an estimated delivery date of spring 2025 when I got on the list in April, 2020? I'm 276000 in the queue!
Probably more like 2,760,000th your ETA is most likely fall 2029

OP
OP

Gswift61

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
are EV's mandated in Canada yet?
Our friends to the north won't get any CT's until they can be shipped by non-carbon producing vehicles. 😆

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
are EV's mandated in Canada yet?
Our friends to the north won't get any CT's until they can be shipped by non-carbon producing vehicles. 😆
Then we shouldn't be getting any Dodge Chargers, Challengers, 300s or other Chrysler (Stellantis) vehicles from the Brampton Assembly Plant of Ontario Canada either, now should we??? Canada has no problem shipping those to the south with carbon based transport!

- ÆCIII

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
smart ass
Why do you say that? The response is valid; there is NO ONE on this forum that isn't basically champing at the bit for news from Tesla, and our frustrations are quite evident in responses to questions of this kind. We do not know. Period. If you want a more definitive answer send a letter to Elon Musk. The Tesla address is on their website. Or take your chances on X (and good luck with either).

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Yes, the Reservation Tracker spreadsheet has nothing to do with Tesla. It makes sense now why you mentioned an estimated delivery date and position in queue. Perhaps I should've picked up on that, but some of us don't look at that spreadsheet very regularly so it's easy to forget some of the verbiage in there and thus we might not pick up on what you're referring to. Perhaps if you'd clarified you were using the Reservation Tracker and what trim you reserved in the original post, there might've been less misunderstanding.

Since the spreadsheet is only a rough estimate and delivery is subject to a lot of variables including the particular trim ordered, you could get your Cybertruck even sooner, or possibly later than shown the spreadsheet estimate.

- ÆCIII
With people like @nowyouknow pushing the 'reservation tracker' it can be no surprise that people that haven't been on this forum 'forever' would be confused. 'We' know that the reservation tracker is cram-packed with hopium and very little fact. It is as good a guess as any but not fact. I only look at it once a year or so to see if my expected delivery date has moved and it has. Every time I check, and why I do not know. It even changes my position. Go figure.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Why would I have an estimated delivery date of spring 2025 when I got on the list in April, 2020? I'm 276000 in the queue!
Well, there's the assumption that in the first year of production, Tesla will make about about a hundred thousand, ramping up to their first target of 225k per year.

That would put someone who is 276k into the second year of production somewhere, maybe the third.

Now, I don't know why you think you're in the 276k range; there were half a million Cybertruck orders by the spring of 2020. I don't know if you're looking at a specific trim or not or whatever. The reservation tracker makes some dubious assumptions - like that Tesla will fulfill all Tri Motor orders before Dual Motor. I also don't think it excludes regions that won't be getting the Cybertruck soon, or that Tesla traditionally allows people in the reservation queue to select a different trim when they open the configurator, which drastically changes your position in the queue.

This has been discussed many times before, which any search of the forum could reveal, and none of us have a real answer without you giving alot more specifics.

-Crissa

speach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MS P100D, Escalade, Acura MDX, Focus ST, PriusC
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
.... The reservation tracker makes some dubious assumptions - like that Tesla will fulfill all Tri Motor orders before Dual Motor.
Crissa, kind of asking you because I know you follow CT closer than me (and that is saying something) and have to my knowledge been exceptionally factual and accurate.

I keep reading at various times rumors and indicators that something other than dual motors will be released first. For example. the tracker (which led me to this site oh so many years ago) does as you say, assumes all TM's will be delivered first. Oddly though, are ANY Release Candidates anything other than DM? And didn't the original pitch say DMs were first? (my order was ~38hrs after launch) I thought I remembered that I wanted a TM for that wonderful range and speed, but ordered a DM because they were going to be released first.

Who runs the tracker? It seems like they should admit that DMs are coming first (most likely) and update the thing. Funny enough, if I am right, despite being the 5th to order in my town, I am the first DM and could be the first to receive.

That said, I also assumed they'd let you change your mind, as your order came up. I'd be fine with that too, because by the time they got to me, maybe the trimotor would be available!
Sponsored