Gswift61

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Why would I have an estimated delivery date of spring 2025 when I got on the list in April, 2020? I'm 276000 in the queue!
Sponsored

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Why would I have an estimated delivery date of spring 2025 when I got on the list in April, 2020? I'm 276000 in the queue!
What are you expecting?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
No one here knows when deliveries will begin, what the ramp rate will be, what the full production volume will be, what the first trim will be, what the Cybertruck will cost, what the specs are, or a whole host of other question answers. We are all anxious for the high volume production line to get started, to have the delivery event happen, to see Cybertrucks get certified, and to have general deliveries begin.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I don't think Tesla has provided any delivery date estimates for individual reservations, that doesn't happen until you place your order.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
The CT has to hit a home run. It CAN NOT swing and miss. They HAVE TO get it right. Releasing the CT to meet a timeline before it's truly ready for the world of truck critics would be a massive mistake. It is going to have more critics than any truck in history.

Priority #1 has to be durability. This is what the big 3 toute (warranted or not) and the CT will get far more air time for every failure it has versus the competition. So all failures, no matter how minor will be put under a microscope of scrutiny and highlighted. It needs to have remarkably few failures per unit, to minimize the critic's opportunities.

If the truck is not ready for this. DO NOT release the Kraken!! Elon said it's going to be awesome.
The CT, maybe more than any vehicle in history, truly has to meet the book definition of awesome.

awesome
1. causing feelings of great admiration, respect, or fear
2. extremely good
Sponsored