DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
Well, I am in Seattle, people did throw some random things like shopping carts, bricks etc to the random cars from the highway overpass bridges.

Now they are having the real target.
Wow! And you were giving me shit about Utah?? 😂😂😂
Sponsored

trth20

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Model Y, Cybetruck reservation
Country flag
I want to share some of my information since there is so much negative news out there with the Cybertruck right now. If you have any questions, please let me know! I am taking a road trip to the ocean this weekend with the family, so they are excited.

I have averaged 411 Wh/mi for 900 miles, with the majority of the miles on the highway at around 70-77 mph, sometimes a bit higher. I drive all my cars the same. My MYP gets 294 Wh/mi and my M3 RWD gets 224 Wh/mi. The Cybertruck Wh/mi should get lower for me since it has been at 40 to 50 degrees. Once the temperature increases, so should the range.

The insurance for me is $160 per month for two drivers. A little more expensive than my MYP.

Yes I have little rust dust on the stainless steel, but I have been too lazy to take them off in entirety. There is a mobile car cleaner that wants to clean my truck for free since he wants to use it on his social media. I will let him deal with it. ;) The only two issues I encountered have been the steering wheel wouldn't adjust at one point, but that fixed itself overnight. The other issue was the seating position under my profile wasn't going back to the same position. That seems to be working now. Build quality is very good. The only issue is a few of the panels of the tonneau cover are a slightly different color. Under certain lighting conditions, it looks like a few are greyish compared to the others.

I live in a small republican town and I feared that the online trolling would be prevalent in real life in my area. I will tell you that it is 90% plus positive and no one has said anything negative to me in person. The attention has been insane, but people have been extremely respectful. A few people have followed me into work or to a grocery store, and it got a little annoying, but I am good at ignoring people when I have to. People want to know the price and I told them right now it is $100,000. Surprisingly many people told me, especially pick-up drivers, that it wasn't as much as they thought. The amount of people spending $70,000 to $80,000 on vehicles is much higher than you may think right now.

F150, F250, and many other pick-up drivers are extremely interested in the truck. Of course the Tesla drivers are the one's most interested, but I have been surprised on how many truck drivers really liked it. I also hear all the time how much better it looks in person. If you are worried about the hate of this truck from the trolls online, don't worry. They either never leave the house or don't have the guts to insult you in person. ;)
Definitely had some concern with how polarizing it is. Glad to know you’re not experiencing much hate. The following you (and others based on stories) is a little concerning.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Well, I am in Seattle, people did throw some random things like shopping carts, bricks etc to the random cars from the highway overpass bridges.

Now they are having the real target.
Man, if someone tries to test my Cybertruck I might have to do a face test. I'ma hafta fuck some shit up if I ketch'em. I mean, can you imagine you come out of a store and your windshield failed their test? Yep, grill is stronger than the face.

ModelC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MX, 2023 M3 SR X 2, 2021 M3 LR
Country flag
I want to share some of my information since there is so much negative news out there with the Cybertruck right now. If you have any questions, please let me know! I am taking a road trip to the ocean this weekend with the family, so they are excited.

I have averaged 411 Wh/mi for 900 miles, with the majority of the miles on the highway at around 70-77 mph, sometimes a bit higher. I drive all my cars the same. My MYP gets 294 Wh/mi and my M3 RWD gets 224 Wh/mi. The Cybertruck Wh/mi should get lower for me since it has been at 40 to 50 degrees. Once the temperature increases, so should the range.

The insurance for me is $160 per month for two drivers. A little more expensive than my MYP.

Yes I have little rust dust on the stainless steel, but I have been too lazy to take them off in entirety. There is a mobile car cleaner that wants to clean my truck for free since he wants to use it on his social media. I will let him deal with it. ;) The only two issues I encountered have been the steering wheel wouldn't adjust at one point, but that fixed itself overnight. The other issue was the seating position under my profile wasn't going back to the same position. That seems to be working now. Build quality is very good. The only issue is a few of the panels of the tonneau cover are a slightly different color. Under certain lighting conditions, it looks like a few are greyish compared to the others.

I live in a small republican town and I feared that the online trolling would be prevalent in real life in my area. I will tell you that it is 90% plus positive and no one has said anything negative to me in person. The attention has been insane, but people have been extremely respectful. A few people have followed me into work or to a grocery store, and it got a little annoying, but I am good at ignoring people when I have to. People want to know the price and I told them right now it is $100,000. Surprisingly many people told me, especially pick-up drivers, that it wasn't as much as they thought. The amount of people spending $70,000 to $80,000 on vehicles is much higher than you may think right now.

F150, F250, and many other pick-up drivers are extremely interested in the truck. Of course the Tesla drivers are the one's most interested, but I have been surprised on how many truck drivers really liked it. I also hear all the time how much better it looks in person. If you are worried about the hate of this truck from the trolls online, don't worry. They either never leave the house or don't have the guts to insult you in person. ;)
Small republic town. Sounds like San Francisco. 🤣

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
That report is BS, my two cents....
My experience is that Washington consistently underfunds highway repair, as does the greater Seattle metro.

There's a reason the I-5 bridges are constantly in emergency repairs, and why the last drawbridge on an interstate highway has not been replaced...

^-^

I grew up there, I know how cheap you guys are. California might be high on the list of bad roads, but we're near the top in per mile spending on them!

-Crissa

Aldc

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck ordered
Occupation
Fed credit union employee
Country flag
What do you have against random durability testing?

I think all trucks should be randomly tested to see if they are as "tough" as the manufacturer claims! That's not going to end well for most of them, but at least then we would have an idea of how tough various trucks really are.

I suspect I will get a lot of pushback on this idea from Ford, GM and Dodge truck owners. :unsure:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
😁

Aldc

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck ordered
Occupation
Fed credit union employee
Country flag
That was why I said why Utah! We, Washingtonian needs more protection from the cybertruck. Besides, driving in WA is almost like off road all the time 😅

IMG_5336.jpeg
It's crazy, where is the tax money that should be used for the roads?😪

Ward L

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, FS CT AWD
Country flag
My experience is that Washington consistently underfunds highway repair, as does the greater Seattle metro.

There's a reason the I-5 bridges are constantly in emergency repairs, and why the last drawbridge on an interstate highway has not been replaced...

^-^

I grew up there, I know how cheap you guys are. California might be high on the list of bad roads, but we're near the top in per mile spending on them!

-Crissa
I lived in Washington State for 32 years. I-5, as all the interstate highways, are funded federally, not stately. I've been to Tucson several times and the roads are horrible. Several years ago, they had a special ballot/proposition to increase the taxes to repair the roads in Tucson. It failed because the treasurer said they had the money to fix the roads, they just needed to spend it. Freezing and super hot weather is hard on road surfaces.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag

My understanding, from combining all new user experiences such as this one, is that the Cybertruck gets a ton of attention and it is overwhelmingly positive.

Thanks for sharing your real life experiences to counter all the FUD that has been laid on Cybertruck thick and heavy!

I feel like the world we live in has never been more distorted by disinformation campaigns, political hatred, thousands of AI bot farms posting as real humans and threatened industries creating false impressions to protect their financial interests. And it's not limited to just electric vehicles! It appears most people are like sheep, they fall for it time and time again!

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
It's crazy, where is the tax money that should be used for the roads?😪
Washington roads are in great condition overall, compared to many states I've visited in the last several years. I think this report is more fake news, perhaps to drum up support for higher taxes or more money to the road construction industry. Those public road improvement contracts are very lucrative.
Sponsored