Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
Wind tech
Country flag
The Supercharger network keeps getting better and better! Any guesses how many more will be installed by the time Cybertruck hits the roads?

Tesla Supercharger network reaches 15,000 chargers — still one of its best assets

via https://electrek.co/2019/12/19/tesls-supercharger-reaches-15000-chargers-best-assets/

Tesla’s Supercharger network has reached 15,000 chargers — a new milestone for what is still one of the automaker’s best assets.

Over the last few years, Tesla has made several grand promises about expanding the Supercharger network, but it has been falling short.

The delay appeared to be at least partly related to the deployment of the new generation of the Supercharger technology, Supercharger V3, which itself saw several delays.

But now Tesla has launched the Supercharger V3 and picked up Supercharger installations around the world.

The automaker has deployed over 2,000 new Superchargers during the second half of the year, and it has pushed the total number of Supercharger stalls to over 15,000 (via Supercharge.info).

The automaker recently built its biggest Supercharger V3 station yet in Arizona to connect Los Angeles and Phoenix.

Several other new stations opening this month has increased the number to over 15,000 Superchargers installed at 1,716 locations around the world.

North America remains the market with the biggest Supercharger network presence.

The lead is also expected to increase, as Tesla is about to finally launch its Trans-Canadian Highway network, which has been under construction since last year.

While 15,000 Superchargers represent an impressive new milestone for Tesla, the automaker is still short of its goal to have 18,000 Superchargers installed by the end of 2018.

However, the new Supercharger V3, which can deliver a charge rate up to 250 kW, is expected to reduce the average charging session time and increase the overall capacity of the Supercharger network with fewer stalls.
[/QUOT
Sponsored

Jensengary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
Wind tech
Country flag
Need some in New Mexico ?

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
I think it would be a good idea for Tesla to partner, or do their own SuperCharger convienent stores
Unfortunately, at all the super chargers near me at least, you’ll probably have to unhook the trailer, charge, then hook it back up. I’m not planning on hauling many trailers, mostly bed use so not too worried.
On the positive side, the CyberTruck will most likely be the easiest vehicle to back up to a trailer, hell in three years it will probably do it itself.

Also, there are two years before the CyberTruck is released, and I suspect Tesla is making plans to add charger sights for auto's with trailers. I think one or two at each site would be sufficient.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
There is currently only 1 in Buffalo, NY over an hour drive to the next.

Supercharging degrades the battery more than "trickle" charging at home though, correct?

I'm concerned as my wife parks in our "2 car" garage as there really isn't room for 2 vehicles as we have snow blower, lawn mower, storage, etc. So my CBTK will remain outside and don't plan on charging every single night as I only live 6 mi. from work. I'm hhoping the solar option really produces the 15 mi. per day average.

Zhe Wiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MYP, 2015 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
FileMaker Developer
Country flag
Probably not going to get 15 miles on average in Buffalo, NY. :) I'm in Ithaca, NY and we get no sunshine either. I think we'll be lucky to average half of that.

Cyberchief

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, BMW X5, 1924 Ford Model T
Occupation
Fire Chief
Country flag
Unfortunately, at all the super chargers near me at least, you’ll probably have to unhook the trailer, charge, then hook it back up. I’m not planning on hauling many trailers, mostly bed use so not too worried.
Good question I will be towing a 1924 Model T to shows

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I'm in Ithaca, NY and we get no sunshine either. I think we'll be lucky to average half of that.
Heard on WTKO many, many years ago: "In Ithaca we have three seasons: winter, July and August."

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
If the solar potential maps I have seen are to be believed, Ithaca has more solar potential than Germany.

I would not down play it too much.
Sponsored