AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3 (2), Model X
Country flag
Seeing situations like this causes my blood to boil. While it could be described as a "first world problem", the ignorance/arrogance of these people is beyond comprehension.
Sponsored

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Wow, it would be hard for me not to say something. I have a hard time with people who are disrespectful.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I saw this and thought: "that seems, odd, at a place like Buccee's - which usually have the parking lot of a regional airport."

Then I re-read the tweet:

This is the Buc ee's in Seiverville TN, which about a week ago opened as not just the largest Buc ee's in the world, but the largest travel center in the world (at least for now). it's a 74,000-square-foot Buc-ee’s travel center, with 120 gas pumps

I'm assuming it's getting a lot of tourist visits still, and possibly still straining the parking availability of what is surely a thousand parking spots?

That said, to be fair: this lot does not have 'EV parking only" signs

to that extent, they are not reserved EV parking spots

and for all we know, that is part of the Tesla-Bucc ee's real estate lease agreement?

i too, dislike the apparent rudeness of it. but if they arent reserved EV spots, and the parking lot is otherwise full, I can't be quite so stirred up

i notice the twitter user didn't show footage of otherwise available non-charging spots - which would seem an obvious flourish if trying to make the point

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
Seeing situations like this causes my blood to boil. While it could be described as a "first world problem", the ignorance/arrogance of these people is beyond comprehension.
Holy crap! Was the parking lot full or something? Usually the Superchargers are not even in a convenient location relative to the store.

I’ve been thinking about this issue for quite some time. There are multiple solutions (towing, conveyor belts, etc.), but I think the most practical one is bollards.

Bollards are badass at stopping all kinds of shenanigans. Just check out the World Bollard Association.

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
I saw this and thought: "that seems, odd, at a place like Buccee's - which usually have the parking lot of a regional airport."

Then I re-read the tweet:

This is the Buc ee's in Seiverville TN, which about a week ago opened as not just the largest Buc ee's in the world, but the largest travel center in the world (at least for now). it's a 74,000-square-foot Buc-ee’s travel center, with 120 gas pumps

I'm assuming it's getting a lot of tourist visits still, and possibly still straining the parking availability of what is surely a thousand parking spots?

That said, to be fair: this lot does not have 'EV parking only" signs

to that extent, they are not reserved EV parking spots

and for all we know, that is part of the Tesla-Bucc ee's real estate lease agreement?

i too, dislike the apparent rudeness of it. but if they arent reserved EV spots, and the parking lot is otherwise full, I can't be quite so stirred up

i notice the twitter user didn't show footage of otherwise available non-charging spots - which would seem an obvious flourish if trying to make the point
I agree. Just pan around and show the rest of the parking lot. Was is full? ICEing only becomes shitty when there are no more charging stalls available, or someone is going out of their way to block an EV.

Side note, these people must be really hard up for something to do. Is Buc ee’s really that great (says the guy who drives 3.5 hours round trip to visit an international food store)?

Greshnab

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
I agree. Just pan around and show the rest of the parking lot. Was is full? ICEing only becomes shitty when there are no more charging stalls available, or someone is going out of their way to block an EV.

Side note, these people must be really hard up for something to do. Is Buc ee’s really that great (says the guy who drives 3.5 hours round trip to visit an international food store)?
buc ee's has some really kewl treats.. and LOTS of kewl stuff.. to much to really fit in one post.. bottom line it is easy to spend half a hour to an hour wandering around and looking/buying stuff... would you do that once a week.. naaa.. once every couple of months.. heck yeah.

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
They really should have EV Charger for EV cars preference signs or something around which do not see to be tehre.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
First, yes: Bucc ee's is really that great, for a rest stop

Second: did I mention Sevierville TN?

That's where Dollywood is.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
Y'all don't understand.

These people are more important than you. If they inconvenience you, it's too bad because their time is more valuable than yours. You can tell who these super important people are when you drive. If a turn lane is backed up, they are the ones to zoom down the adjacent lane and cut in at the last moment, because their time is worth more than yours and they are more important than you. If they weren't so dang important, they could do the considerate thing and wait in line just like you do. If their time wasn't so much more valuable than yours, they would park where they are supposed to park, and not take up obvious EV charging spots. It's not that they are inconsiderate jack wagons who do whatever they think they can get away with just because they're lazy SOBs, they're darn important people whose time and walking distance is just so much more valuable than yours. And if you confront them, they'll have a ready excuse reason why they did what they did and why you are a scumbag for even daring to question them.

Just smile and be thankful that you were able to sacrifice for someone so important.

(If you can't read this with the sarcasm with which it was written, you may be one of them.)

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
(If you can't read this with the sarcasm with which it was written, you may be one of them.)
To be fair, they could rewrite that exact paragraph about people wanting to keep 40 charge spots open if in fact all other parking was used. we just dont know

but regardless the fact is, if I were forced to bet, the *reason* these spots don't have reserved parking signage is because Bucc ee's would not agree to that with Tesla (or Tesla didn't ask for it). In which case these patrons may be doing exactly what Bucc ee's / Tesla expects of them, in this respect.

seems to me both sides could use some self-importance adjustment

OP
OP
AlDente

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3 (2), Model X
Country flag
If you watch the entire video (I know painful) there were a few Supercharger Stalls open but later it was described as full of ICE vehicles with BEV's waiting and, there were regular non-EV parking spots available. When a person was asked why they did this, the answer was "why not".

Sorry to piss you off about this but it is a reality that all BEV owners will face at some point. A Cybertruck with a huge cattle guard would be my preferred method of dealing with this but, that's a ways off and, I really don't look good in stripes or orange.

Last edited:

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
and, there were regular non-EV parking spots available. When a person was asked they did this, the answer was "why not".
ah, that's not in the vid or main tweet, and if discussed later in comments didn't see it

i revert back to: Sevierville TN

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I wouldn't get too excited about people like this. They probably just want to live the "Tesla experience" vicariously, until they can acquire their own Tesla. I bet the normal parking stalls didn't have pretty and modern looking bright red/white pedestals adorning them.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I look forward to a YouTube video of CT hitch put in good use when ICEing is done purely out of rudeness and spite. Not sure if that was the case here.
Sponsored