HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Out of Spec testing ... related to Tesla requiring constant connectivity.

YNPxyL4.jpg

That's pretty funny:

"I don't know if I can trust it (the Ford Lightning) to actually navigate anywhere, but at least it's showing me the road on the map." (Screen shows a line on a blank map) LOL!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cybergirl

Cybergirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model Y SR, Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
And here it is with the iPad Mini placed in the mount. I used Velcro to hold it in place.

iPad Mini Mounted.jpg
I tested the iPad Mini mount on neighborhood roads. The iPad Mini is securely attached to the mount using Velcro. There was a small amount of vibration of the display when driving on rough pavement. Addition support on the dash should help. A true test will have to wait for the next off-road adventure. Here's GaiaGPS with the satellite overlay displayed.

GaiaGPS Display.jpg

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I tested the iPad Mini mount on neighborhood roads. The iPad Mini is securely attached to the mount using Velcro. There was a small amount of vibration of the display when driving on rough pavement. Addition support on the dash should help. A true test will have to wait for the next off-road adventure. Here's GaiaGPS with the satellite overlay displayed.

GaiaGPS Display.jpg
I see some good off-road opportunities on your map. It's hard to read exactly, but I think the area is called "Lake Havasu OffRoad Course". I would cover my license plate just in case someone reports you because it looks like there might be a lot of anti-off-road enthusiasts that live in the area.

Expect some good high-speed jumps, water crossings and sand features, all set in beautiful greenery and lush vegetation. :)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I see some good off-road opportunities on your map. It's hard to read exactly, but I think the area is called "Lake Havasu OffRoad Course". I would cover my license plate just in case someone reports you because it looks like there might be a lot of anti-off-road enthusiasts that live in the area.

Expect some good high-speed jumps, water crossings and sand features, all set in beautiful greenery and lush vegetation. :)
Yeah, I wouldn't report someone with a plate, but I would definitely report someone covering their plate.

-Crissa

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
...I really think you guys are underestimating the fuel consumption of an idling generator.

I run mine at 3-4.5 kW and I'll freeze up the tanks if it's too humid or cold; I get only about six hours on a tank that way, but I have to baby that last two hours sometimes.

Btw: +2mph * hours sunlight is > -[3...15] miles per day of not charging.

-Crissa
It is indeed amazing how everyone treats generators and solar as a simple plug and run forever solution. Whereas experience paints a completely different picture.
And if you are charging the Cybertruck, dependent on factors, the generator may be running at near 100%, which is indeed another story of problems.

OP
OP
Cybergirl

Cybergirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It is indeed amazing how everyone treats generators and solar as a simple plug and run forever solution. Whereas experience paints a completely different picture.
And if you are charging the Cybertruck, dependent on factors, the generator may be running at near 100%, which is indeed another story of problems.
Experience is what I seek.

Eyesore

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1990 Ford Ranger, 2005 Tacoma, 2007 Rav4
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag

GaiaGPS Display.jpg
looks like a good case for a car play device. What’s the advantage of the separate screen?

https://carlinkitcarplay.com/?ref=mrxifcgc

coupon code: ButterEV

OP
OP
Cybergirl

Cybergirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
looks like a good case for a car play device. What’s the advantage of the separate screen?

https://carlinkitcarplay.com/?ref=mrxifcgc

coupon code: ButterEV
I purchased the Carlinkit T2C carplay/android auto device for this purpose. I was not happy with the performance using my Samsung Note 9 phone. The Bluetooth communication drained the phone's battery excessively even when left on the truck's wireless charger where the phone got very hot. It might work better with an iPhone, however.
Sponsored