Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I think they showed off prototypes or iterative design on the way to the final.

I agree, it is a HUGE swagger to just show everyone so much what they are doing (but not EVERYTHING they are doing).

Probably because they know, when someone catches up to these prototypes they showed off in 2021 it will be 2025 or later... and Tesla will be 4 to 5 years beyond that.

Hard to hit a moving target.
Sponsored

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I think they showed off prototypes or iterative design on the way to the final.

I agree, it is a HUGE swagger to just show everyone so much what they are doing (but not EVERYTHING they are doing).

Probably because they know, when someone catches up to these prototypes they showed off in 2021 it will be 2025 or later... and Tesla will be 4 to 5 years beyond that.

Hard to hit a moving target.
Or the goal is not to make money.... be a monopoly etc. The goal might be to transition to sustainable transportation and showing what you are doing causes others to advance that goal. Win at life by increasing the chances of your progeny survival etc.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Or the goal is not to make money.... be a monopoly etc. The goal might be to transition to sustainable transportation and showing what you are doing causes others to advance that goal. Win at life by increasing the chances of your progeny survival etc.
The curious thing about Tesla is the two have been more or less indistinguishable at this point.

I think Musk is just fine with it happening either way.

Tesla pushing hard becoming a monopoly and completely dominating the future of transportation. Goal achieved.

Some players in the industry figure out how to compete and stick around to duke it out with Tesla. Also goal achieved.

I’d prefer the latter myself because monopolies usually end up getting abusive eventually even when they are somewhat benign and their management is ethical. Apple or Google come to mind.
Sponsored