Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
Separate post due to insistent public demand as another topic:

First the hesitation. and indecision due disappointments in price and range.

Second, the buyer's remorse taking that much money from the nest egg.

Third, the fictional plan of making money by quickly reselling it.

Fourth, the deliberate amnesia of THE PLAN having too much fun with the Cybertruck.

Fifth, the justification to hell with the nest egg, I have one life to live, I deserve this after 50 years of hard work in the salt mines and rat race.

Call it the 5 stages of healing in owning a Cybertruck
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
lol pretty good, be interested to hear what others experience stacks up as, be a cool insight if everyone posted their own 5 stages.

DFWBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (May??), MS'22 (Sold), M3P (Sold)
Country flag
#1 is difficult, specially when you could buy a lambo, Ferrari, mclaren, etc for the same price (not new mind you).

I put my $1500 down (added range battery) and I'm still on the fence.

Doesn't help I took an absolute blood bath with my 22 model s.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
have to add the, try to use it as a billboard and get discounts on stuff step

FLCyberBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Cyberbeast Foundation Ordered
Country flag
#1 is difficult, specially when you could buy a lambo, Ferrari, mclaren, etc for the same price (not new mind you).

I put my $1500 down (added range battery) and I'm still on the fence.

Doesn't help I took an absolute blood bath with my 22 model s.
The problem with the Ferrari/Lambo comparison is that people seriously underestimate the cost of ownership with those and similar cars. While maintenance being cheap is a big plus with even expensive Teslas, regularly needing $600 oil changes and assorted other maintenance and repairs adds up VERY quickly. Then everything wears out VERY quickly and stuff like brakes are massively expensive. These cars are made to be track cars or occasional fun cars, not daily drivers.

MoabChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Country flag
What about stage 2.5 -- checking the damn Tesla App 1 to 2x per day (min) and waiting... oh waiting for that VIN to appear. Am I next? when will I get the VIN? Are they now delivering to my State? Seeing pictures of the CTs built and just sitting outside the Factory. Is one of those going to be mine? Did they say Jan-Mar delivery, or was it Apr-Jun... or maybe Late 2024.
It's worse than waiting for Christmas as a 6 YO kid for a Six Figure Toy!

OP
OP

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
What about stage 2.5 -- checking the damn Tesla App 1 to 2x per day (min) and waiting... oh waiting for that VIN to appear. Am I next? when will I get the VIN? Are they now delivering to my State? Seeing pictures of the CTs built and just sitting outside the Factory. Is one of those going to be mine? Did they say Jan-Mar delivery, or was it Apr-Jun... or maybe Late 2024.
It's worse than waiting for Christmas as a 6 YO kid for a Six Figure Toy!
I did not have that problem.

I calculated the timeline early on based on empirical data from members here who got theirs.

Then I estimated when I'll get my VIN and get the delivery -- and am lazy so to avoid the work of apps refresh and possible disappointment, I provided give-or-take another 1 year allowance. :p

DFWBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (May??), MS'22 (Sold), M3P (Sold)
Country flag
The problem with the Ferrari/Lambo comparison is that people seriously underestimate the cost of ownership with those and similar cars. While maintenance being cheap is a big plus with even expensive Teslas, regularly needing $600 oil changes and assorted other maintenance and repairs adds up VERY quickly. Then everything wears out VERY quickly and stuff like brakes are massively expensive. These cars are made to be track cars or occasional fun cars, not daily drivers.
My pops flips cars as a hobby, so I fully understand those costs :p But this is an $80k car you're paying $100k for (if getting AWD, and you get some "goodies"). At the end of the day, you're still getting a high end luxury car, vs an above price truck.

But even after getting bent over backwards on my 22 model S (41% depreciation in 2 years), I'm still getting it over other cars....
Sponsored