Are cyberbeasts having fewer issues than AWD?

TeslaFANa

First Name
Fiesky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 model s, 2018 model x, 2024 cybertruck
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Anybody have any perspective or insider info whether beasts have fewer issues/better build-detail quality than AWD so far or is the sample size too small still? I don't know difference in assembly lines, etc but was told when i ordered to stick to my cyberbeasts order due to potentially better build and detail quality (not the only reason I stuck with it).
Sponsored

Nobell32

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast Foundation
Country flag
I couldn’t tell but my Beast is actually really well finished with no abnormal gaps or fitment issues. This might just be plain luck though as I doubt that there would exist any difference in quality of production between 4WD and Beast.

A-AY-RON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'69 Camaro Z28, '15 Viper GT, FS-CB
Occupation
SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Country flag
I'm just a single data point, but I doubt there's much difference in QC. The only difference I noticed was that my SC was congratulating me at every turn because I just so happened to be their first CB delivery.
My panel gaps were really tight. However, there is a constant loud squeaking noise coming from the steering column at the slightest move of the steering wheel. It appears as though the plastic cover may not fit right and is rubbing against column or wheel itself. If I squeeze the bottom section, the noise stops. Not sure how that wasn't noticed by any of the Tesla folks who drove the vehicle before me up until delivery. The wiper blade may also need to get replaced or adjusted as it's making inconsistent contact with windshield, leaving 6-8 inches of untouched surface.
Service appointment is Friday. All said, I went into this in 2019 knowing I'd be a guinea pig, so I'm ok as long as issues are rectified swiftly.

Last edited:

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
they are coming down the same lines, built using the same machines and people.

Wraven

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundations CyberBeast, M3P, MYP
Country flag
My beast fit and finish has been pretty solid. I would caution though that the natural tendency is to tell "others" about a bad experience versus those of us with good experiences don't typically spread our experience as much as an individual with a bad one. There for the bad experiences seem prevalent, when they are most likely not.
Sponsored