Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hoping to be a Cybertruck owner.
Occupation
FMEA Coordinator
Country flag
I'm not sure how cheap insurance is on the current Tesla vehicles, but I'm thinking the CT will be pretty cheap insurance. The body won't dent, the glass is bullet proof, tons of safety features, the vault will provide security as it will be tough to break into, and the current Tesla vehicles have some of the highest safety ratings of any vehicle and I assume the CT will be the same.
Sponsored

OP
OP

maconjt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
FMEA Coordinator
Country flag

CyberCop

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado HD , Cybertruck dual on order
Occupation
Retired LEO ?‍♂??
Country flag
I have a hard time believing that. You would think the safer the vehicle, the cheaper the insurance is. I wonder if Tesla Insurance would have it cheaper?
Tesla insurance has been less expensive as they would also do the repairs.

mrbulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D
Country flag
I always figured the less likely that harm might befall the vehicle or occupants, the lower the premium should be...

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I always figured the less likely that harm might befall the vehicle or occupants, the lower the premium should be...
The occupants are just one factor.

cost of repairing the vehicle is also a factor.
Yes it may have armor glass but it's not shatterproof and armor glass isn't cheap.
yes it may have a 30x stainless steel body, but you cant straighten/bondo/paint it to make it look like new, so you are talking replacement panels...again $$$

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
according to the link it said the average insurance cost is $2400-3000. Maybe for a model S/X for a 3/Y anywhere from $600-1000. I think it will be close to the 3/Y

mrbulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D
Country flag

Yes it may have armor glass but it's not shatterproof and armor glass isn't cheap.
yes it may have a 30x stainless steel body, but you cant straighten/bondo/paint it to make it look like new, so you are talking replacement panels...again $$$
Yes, but according to preliminary assumptions (by Sandy Munro, et al) those SS panels should be relatively easy to score and bend, thus making them cheaper vs. stamped panels.

OP
OP

maconjt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
FMEA Coordinator
Country flag

I guess my point is more of the fact that it won't damage easily. I mean if you can take a sledge hammer to it and not dent....the odds of doing any repairs is slim to none from a vehicle damage standpoint.

Say for example if you hit a deer. It's going to be a really bad day for the deer and a good day for the CT. :)

MrMike777

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Toyota Prius
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I'm not sure how cheap insurance is on the current Tesla vehicles, but I'm thinking the CT will be pretty cheap insurance. The body won't dent, the glass is bullet proof, tons of safety features, the vault will provide security as it will be tough to break into, and the current Tesla vehicles have some of the highest safety ratings of any vehicle and I assume the CT will be the same.
Hope that Tesla insurance gets to your state by then. Insurance is expensive because repair costs are high with Tesla. I don't know a single body shop that has the ability to deal with this tough SS. A broken windshield is around to $1600 on a 3. Let's just hope that it's so damn tough that no body work will be necessary without totaling out the vehicle.

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired Merchant Marine
Country flag
Y'All're dancing around the elephant in the room (re Tesla vehicle insurance)!
WE ARE sending THEM billions of miles for their autonomous driver date base,
WHY won't TESLA go nationwide and ultimately worldwide with their vehicle insurance based on our driving performance history?

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
Where I am the insurance is definitely cheaper than comparably priced ICE vehicle due to the safety and security features on the Model 3 hoping it's the same for CT.
I'm guessing probably $1500/yr CAD.

Last edited:

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
upto $3000 per month??
It was the Motortrend link in post #2, and it was actually up to $3400 a month, I am guessing for it to be that high it has to be in a city possibly NY/NJ. I had good rates when I lived in AZ and I have since moved to the country in NC and my insurance rates dropped
Sponsored