Because of Tesla’s mistake, I missed picking up the cybertruck. Very disappointed

jjban

First Name
RYAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model s Model X Cybertruck(coming soon)
Country flag
Today I went to Tesla Irvine, California to pick up the Cybertruck that I had been waiting for for 5 years. I paid it , but when I arrived at Tesla, the salesperson unilaterally canceled my pickup order due to account email issues, and refused to refund the deposit and car payment. It has been confirmed that the account issue is Tesla's mistake, but my CYBERTRUCK cannot be pick up, which is really disappointing.
Sponsored

cybercoffee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYLR
Country flag
that must be infuriating. surely they can make things right...I can't imagine they can cancel AND keep your money. Interested in hearing all the salacious details if you're willing to share (what account/email issues? you got a delivery appointment but they canceled before you arrived or what transpired?)

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Today I went to Tesla Irvine, California to pick up the Cybertruck that I had been waiting for for 5 years. I paid it , but when I arrived at Tesla, the salesperson unilaterally canceled my pickup order due to account email issues, and refused to refund the deposit and car payment. It has been confirmed that the account issue is Tesla's mistake, but my CYBERTRUCK cannot be pick up, which is really disappointing.
Did you buy or take over the reservation from someone?

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Why is there email issues? Did you buy the reservation off of someone?
Agreed need some more details to try to make sense of this.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Sounds like Tesla thought that someone had sold their reservation/order to someone else.

OP
OP

jjban

First Name
RYAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is a long story, I transfered my model 3 order to my neighbor in 2018. Then in 2019, I ordered a cybertruck. In 2022, my email account suddenly became unable to log in, and my cybertruck order appeared in my neighbor's account. In 2023, I re-registered a Tesla account using my email address because I purchased a used model s. I called Tesla customer service and sent emails hoping to transfer my cybertruck order back to my account, but Tesla did not transfer it back to me. When the cybertruck foundation opened, my neighbor helped me configure the vehicle with his account and registered it under my name. I got the vin number 1 week ago, and the ending number is 0520. I am very happy . I paid in full with my company check and registered with my insurance . The TESLA reservation department also confirmed that I would pick up the car on March 8, but when I arrived at Tesla, they canceled the pick-up and said that the vin number had been given to someone else. I was very angry and argued with them, and their sales manager Brain said he can do nothing. I lost my CYBERTRUCK.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is a long story, I transfered my model 3 order to my neighbor in 2018. Then in 2019, I ordered a cybertruck. In 2022, my email account suddenly became unable to log in, and my cybertruck order appeared in my neighbor's account. In 2023, I re-registered a Tesla account using my email address because I purchased a used model s. I called Tesla customer service and sent emails hoping to transfer my cybertruck order back to my account, but Tesla did not transfer it back to me. When the cybertruck foundation opened, my neighbor helped me configure the vehicle with his account and registered it under my name. I got the vin number 1 week ago, and the ending number is 0520. I am very happy . I paid in full with my company check and registered with my insurance . The TESLA reservation department also confirmed that I would pick up the car on March 8, but when I arrived at Tesla, they canceled the pick-up and said that the vin number had been given to someone else. I was very angry and argued with them, and their sales manager Brain said he can do nothing. I lost my CYBERTRUCK.
I assume " Brain said he can do anything" you mean he can NOT do anything?
Also assuming 0520. I am very happy = I am not very happy?

Sorry just reading through this trying to understand, sounds like tesla thinks you bought or transferred the reservation maybe? This would be the first I have heard of them enforcing any kind of nontransfer policy, especially with all of the trucks being sold in the aftermarket currently.

OP
OP

jjban

First Name
RYAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is very unfair to me. Brain saw the documents I brought to prove that my cybertruck belongs to me, and he also admitted that there was an error in the Tesla account. But I missed my cybertruck. I need to get back in line and if I want to quit I will lose my 1100 deposit. I was so angry but there was nothing I could do.

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
Ummmmmmm. Yeah….

Art138

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP,Ferrari Pista,Ford GT & CYBERBEAST ordered
Country flag
What did the app show on the day of the pick-up? Under details should have had the vin. If the vin was still there,and you have a copy of the invoice with vin,your truck cannot be sold to another party. I would contact an attorney.

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
i dont know whats happening here, it does seem sus, but you never know i guess it COULD happen. i still have a Model 3 "reservation" that i requested to be cancelled and i did get my deposit back but its been stuck in my account for 7 years now and no one at tesla knows how to remove it. so i believe some of what he says.
Sponsored