crashoverride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Cybertruck CyberBeast
Country flag
It looks like the handle for my bed divider broke. How do I file a warranty claim with Tesla? I took it to the service center and they told me they can't do anything. I've tried calling 877-798-3752 but that didn't have a warranty option and I was left on hold for so long I hung up.

I tried emailing [email protected] and haven't heard anything back.

It feels very disappointing to pay so much for a product that breaks.

1711583386599-1k.png

1711583405386-75.png

1711583414458-zk.png
Sponsored

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
It looks like the handle for my bed divider broke. How do I file a warranty claim with Tesla? I took it to the service center and they told me they can't do anything. I've tried calling 877-798-3752 but that didn't have a warranty option and I was left on hold for so long I hung up.

I tried emailing [email protected] and haven't heard anything back.

It feels very disappointing to pay so much for a product that breaks.

1711583386599-1k.png

1711583405386-75.png

1711583414458-zk.png
Just about everything sold in the tesla shop is made by a 3rd party and does not have any warranty.

Nice to be able to see the internals of that mechanism, sorry you had to break yours to give us that view, surprised how small the metal is for that latch considering it has to apply force to both sides to keep it in place.

Strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Holdens, Mach-e, Bronco
Country flag
How the Hell does the service centers not know how to help a customer? Tesla has been in business for way too long for all the shenanigans listed on the site. I'm concerned to say the least. The dealership model might not be so bad, they might deny but at least can tell me why.

84Apollo3

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Sorry to hear that. I’m curious, did you have the same fitment issues that others have reported? Did this contribute to the failure? Thanks

OP
OP
crashoverride

crashoverride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry to hear that. I’m curious, did you have the same fitment issues that others have reported? Did this contribute to the failure? Thanks
Yes, and yes.

I took put it in, took it out, tried to put it in, now it's stuck

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The thing is not distorted. Did it simply break off as you manually handled it?

I'm sure Tesla will handle it, disappointing their response hasn't been immediate.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
I wonder if this has to do with the fact that this went out of stock yesterday. I was finally sitting down to order it, and in the time it took me to also add the molle adapters to my cart, it sold out.

OP
OP
crashoverride

crashoverride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The thing is not distorted. Did it simply break off as you manually handled it?

I'm sure Tesla will handle it, disappointing their response hasn't been immediate.
I felt it bend a bit, wondered what that's all about, and then it snapped off

RollingRefrigerator

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation AWD CT, M3P, MYP
Country flag
Yeah these are a bit suspect, but I think I still love the design, just needs a couple tweaks. I bought one with my $700 powershare voucher, and I'm betting others have as well hence they sold out.

The main issue with these is that it's tough to align the pins with the holes in the L track. It's a blind mate so it's often a bit out and won't accept the pins. Add to that the fact that both sides are moving independently and both need to be aligned, and it's a problem. As it that aren't enough, there is no visual aid to know if you ate square or not, so often the divider goes in a bit angled, and then it gets locked in place by being bound up.

To improve this a bit, I put marks every 6 inches so there is reference so it at least goes on square. That and a bit of caution, and I've been ok so far, but I've totally had to bang it around to get in and out sometimes and put more force on the latch than I was comfortable with.

Again I love the functionality, the sturdiness when in place, and the look. I'm still a fan, but hoping gen 2 fixes these issues.

Last edited:

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
How the Hell does the service centers not know how to help a customer? Tesla has been in business for way too long for all the shenanigans listed on the site. I'm concerned to say the least. The dealership model might not be so bad, they might deny but at least can tell me why.
Be my guest. I don't ever want to set foot in another dealership again. Thankfully, you have a choice, feel free to use it.

CTInProcess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
That’s not going to be covered under any warranty. Put it back on and wrap it with duct tape

Strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Holdens, Mach-e, Bronco
Country flag
Be my guest. I don't ever want to set foot in another dealership again. Thankfully, you have a choice, feel free to use it.
I'm just going by input on this forum as have never yet been in a Tesla Service Center, but besides very friendly people during delivery when an answer is needed it doesn't seem one is ever supplied.

I'm from the Heartland but here dealers are often family owned over the generations and very active in community. If they do bad business they don't survive. Based on feedback on this forum Tesla SC's would not survive.

What are your great experiences that have you like this approach better? I need to hear for some reassurance.