Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Looking for advantages in receiving the CT. Any benefits to getting it in another state? I live in California so I 'm sure the state will take its share but is there and delivery charge or destination fees that could be avoided or reduced?
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Looking for advantages in receiving the CT. Any benefits to getting it in another state? I live in California so I 'm sure the state will take its share but is there and delivery charge or destination fees that could be avoided or reduced?
Oregon, it's like California but with no sales tax, lower vehicle registration, and rain.

OP
OP
SparkChaser

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
This could be a possibility. Just have to figure out the nuts and bolts. Lots of friends and family in Oregon...

OP
OP
SparkChaser

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Texas is also an option for me. Need to find out if I can do that and do most of my driving in California. Probably have to get a state licence as well.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It used to be pretty common to buy and register cars in Oregon and live in California, but I seem to recall the state has gotten pretty good at chasing down out-of-state registrations.

I'm pretty sure if you buy the truck in Oregon and try to register it in California, they still zing you for sales tax somehow. We'd considered this when we owned land up here but lived in CA.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Best State to receive a Cyber Truck?

Alive and kicking.
Ready to drive.
Having bought a full set of camping / hiking / fishing supplies.
Excited.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
A friend has an LLC in Montana and most of his cars registered there. You'd have to try pretty hard to get caught, I think. Having a company handle the whole thing for him cost under $1k and he pays a few hundred to maintain it every year. That all said, auto registration here pays for the roads directly, so it's one of the few taxes that seem mostly fair. Especially for electrics that pay no fuel tax.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Just my personal opinion, but I would avoid trying to register it in a different state if you live in CA. Unless you legitimately live in Oregon (or some other state) or conduct business there, or the vehicle will physically be IN Oregon for 50%+ of it's driving time. I only say this because vehicle tax evasion is pretty nasty to get pegged with! Not worth the savings, I assure you.

Picking it up in TX will remove delivery fees, but you'll still pay taxes to the state it's registered in no matter. ?

Even private sales out of state, once you register it and it goes to you for the first time, CA will charge you taxes for it. When the registration changes, both the seller and buyer independently report the sale value. If you lie, it's super obvious and is a misdemeanor registration fraud. These get issued ALL the time lol. Even other residents can report you and get a reward for the tip off. If you pull it off and get caught at a later date, it can also be a felony depending on court ruling. At a minimum, you'll get $1000 fine and have to pay CA taxes anyway. I don't believe the other state will refund you lol

https://www.losangelescriminallawye...section-4463-vc-forging-or-falsifying-ve.html

Cheers

Luftpilot

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-350, HD Nightrod Special, Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Adventure nut
Country flag
Establish residency in South Dakota. Only 4% sales tax on new vehicles. Low reg. fees. Insurances may be lower....and no smog check. Oh wait, CT is electric....hehe.
Sponsored