Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If you open a retail shop and sell all of your products below cost.. do you have a better retail shop ? Is it a retail shop ? or a hobby ?

If the Boston Dynamics robot looks good, will it compare with Optimus to provide the best application and value in the workplace, or is the Boston Dynamic robot a good art piece.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I can finally buy M&M's and Skittles again. My OCD always made me sort them first. Optimus will be a huge time saver!

All Joking aside, this is really cool.
I always eat them in color order so there's an equal number of colors left.

Well, you are bringing up the bigger picture. Much like NACS, and soon FSD. there will be billions made licensing their, what I assume will be one day, AGI to other company's. Nobody has this ability to navigate the real world end to end as Tesla can. First cars then robots.
No one is paying licensing to use NACS. This has been confirmed by the CEOs of the other companies.

-Crissa

Raebrek

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Highlander, 2016 Subaru Outback
Country flag
The demo makes me think that if they gave the robot an expressive face, they could teach it ASL(American Sign Language). That would be good dexterity and communication training.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
OMG

Google CEO Sundar Pichai says ‘hallucination problems’ still plague A.I. tech and he doesn’t know why.
So smarty pants designs some tech to “think” like a brain does and he is frustrated that it has the same problems as brains do? Has he met humans? In my experience, human brains have even more ‘hallucination problems’ than current AI.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
Agreed. Tesla is a the master of marketing however.
So, rather than you believing me, let's take a look at what someone who has credentials that no one here should be able to question. Dr. Jim Fan, Stanford PhD and Nvidia Sr AI Scientist. Dr. Fan directly compared Boston and Tesla in the robot department. He tweeted;
Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 5.21.47 PM.png

Here is the full tweet.

So, what does he think? The movements are smoother, the fact that people THINK it's CGI is actually a complement, he wishes his projects were accused of being CGI.

Based on the opinion of someone who is working in this field, he only mentions Boston once directly, and praises Tesla for their choices. I'm not seeing it criticized as being behind anyone else, or that Boston is even "ahead" of Tesla, rather that Tesla's choices are "far superior". He doesn't ever mention that Tesla is behind in anything. Again, in the ONLY comparison, Tesla is far superior.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
So, rather than you believing me, let's take a look at what someone who has credentials that no one here should be able to question. Dr. Jim Fan, Stanford PhD and Nvidia Sr AI Scientist. Dr. Fan directly compared Boston and Tesla in the robot department. He tweeted;
Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 5.21.47 PM.png

Here is the full tweet.

So, what does he think? The movements are smoother, the fact that people THINK it's CGI is actually a complement, he wishes his projects were accused of being CGI.

Based on the opinion of someone who is working in this field, he only mentions Boston once directly, and praises Tesla for their choices. I'm not seeing it criticized as being behind anyone else, or that Boston is even "ahead" of Tesla, rather that Tesla's choices are "far superior". He doesn't ever mention that Tesla is behind in anything. Again, in the ONLY comparison, Tesla is far superior.
Yeah, I can't find it at the moment, but one of the bigwigs at Boston Dynamics said what Tesla is doing is both very good and very different from what they're making.

Competition is one thing, but among science people, there's often alot of mutual admiration.

-Crissa
Sponsored