Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
The top one didn't seem political. I was the last poster and was talking about the massive ramp-up Ford did with producing 1 million Mustangs in the first 18 months, back in 65.

That bottom thread went on a political bender, so maybe they're in the middle of being shut down for "too political".

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Seems like some threads are breaking. This is the most recent one. Pops up as a link in my alerts and under latest activity but clicking it goes to a dead end.

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...tions-until-oct-2023.5004/page-15#post-100707

This one also.

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/forum/threads/tsla-the-sell-off-continues-whats-wrong.5140/

I see people replying to them so they seem ok for others but broken for me.
Brittle?

Maybe code could be memory leaking…bad server card

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Somehow threads which were started by people on my ignore list were showing up in my feed but when I clicked them they were broken.

I just un ignored some people. Seems like it didn’t work this way before.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I think sometimes it breaks for a moment if the Administrator breaks a thread into a new one, or posts are deleted.

Remember, the forum has to remember where you stopped reading, and if the pointer it was using got thrown out, well, your pointer is now invalid.

I also see that when I swap devices, too, but all I have to do it click through and eventually it refreshes.

Lastly, it tries to tell you if new posts are posted while you're in a thread, but I think it can only handle a few. It will 'forget' any that were new but between page clicks, or on a new/next page. So sometimes you miss the first few on a page.

Honestly, this forum software is one of the more solid I've seen.

-Crissa

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Honestly, this forum software is one of the more solid I've seen.
I’m pretty sure this is the same platform used by almost forum I participate in. Either that or they have gotten so close in features to each other they just seem identical.

I’ve seen other issues, but this one where I have multiple broken links seems to have cropped up recently.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m pretty sure this is the same platform used by almost forum I participate in. Either that or they have gotten so close in features to each other they just seem identical.

I’ve seen other issues, but this one where I have multiple broken links seems to have cropped up recently.
Well, remember I have been on forums for thirty years ^-^

-Crissa

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Has anyone seen this issue:

I click on “What’s New” start at the bottom and work my way up. Every so often it’ll take me to a very (years) old thread. At first I don’t notice, but then wonder why everyone it talking about something that is outdated and then look at the date. I think I actually responded to one before I realized how old it was.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

I click on “What’s New” start at the bottom and work my way up. Every so often it’ll take me to a very (years) old thread. At first I don’t notice, but then wonder why everyone it talking about something that is outdated and then look at the date. I think I actually responded to one before I realized how old it was.
You aren’t the only one based on the number of old dead threads which seem to rise from the dead every week or two.

More zombies than an 80s horror movie.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

That's what I do. But usually the spurious necroposts are when a spam post popped it up, usually.

There's also a segment of 'suggested' posts that can show up.

-Crissa
Sponsored