Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Australian subsidies are even worse.
Each state has it's own version because the Federal government is mired in coal mining relationships.
And what subsidies do exist are limited to the first 'X' amount of purchasers.
Like it's a free set of steak knives for the first 200 callers.
It's not serious at all.
Yep, but i think the politics holding back is getting weaker.. not just AU , but everywhere.

The advance of EV is exposed, and can't be swept under the carpet.

Soon AU will get deliveries of Model Y , and Austin will take the pressure off China, and we should see a dramatic increase in deliveries. But its not just Tesla of course, BYD has started in AU,,, and the wave is coming.

We have a new initiative to electrify our national grid.

All in all, I reckon politicians will do what politicians do. It will be topical, and they will transform from heathens to knights in white armour. The subsidies are coming, lol
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
We have a new initiative to electrify our national grid.
Yep until now our grid was run by a bunch of plumbers with tight fitting shorts, now finally the network will be converted from supplying bs and use electricity instead! ;)

Our thinly spread grid is by far our biggest single inhibitor of EV adoption. Network capacity is often on the brink here, swinging between to much RE to not enough reserve baseload when the sun doesn't shine.

We need V2G on CT's as a matter of urgency...who's with me?

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I was about to say we need nuclear

But then I remembered where we are. We have no shortage of sun.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I was about to say we need nuclear

But then I remembered where we are. We have no shortage of sun.
No shortage of renewable resources, just not enough network to provide coverage. Best way for regional charger network is micrgrid setups powered by household RE with EVs (CTs) as relocatable battery reserves. Just allow people to put more solar on their houses if they have a EV with V2G so they can buffer their own loads at their own cost.

We need enablers.

OP
OP

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Yep until now our grid was run by a bunch of plumbers with tight fitting shorts, now finally the network will be converted from supplying bs and use electricity instead! ;)

Our thinly spread grid is by far our biggest single inhibitor of EV adoption. Network capacity is often on the brink here, swinging between to much RE to not enough reserve baseload when the sun doesn't shine.

We need V2G on CT's as a matter of urgency...who's with me?
Nah.... communities need local grids and sources. V2G in my opinion is a sales gimmick when sold as a means of regular home power.

Big T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla model 3, 2019 Ram 1500
Country flag
Do you think any rebate will increase the amount of bev trucks on the road in next 3+ years?
I suspect every manufacture that brings a truck to market will sell as many as they can produce - so a rebate is a moot point imo.
Just increases our debt load even more for the later generations…..

(Look at what the wait list for a model Y is in Canada ,suspect trucks will be even longer . No need for any sort of “rebate” to sell them)

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Nah.... communities need local grids and sources. V2G in my opinion is a sales gimmick when sold as a means of regular home power.
We barely have a grid between towns, each town runs its own microgrid, but with diesel backup as a baseload and with 2x the average consumption coming from RE. But that is less than a third of what we will need when we get EV's. So if EV's can help with storage via V2G we can have superchargers that are supplied by V2G in each microgrid for continuity of supply, and we can absorb and setup more solar and wind that all currently can't be connected on our microgrid at all. Not faux, just an engineering problem.

OP
OP

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
We barely have a grid between towns, each town runs its own microgrid, but with diesel backup as a baseload and with 2x the average consumption coming from RE. But that is less than a third of what we will need when we get EV's. So if EV's can help with storage via V2G we can have superchargers that are supplied by V2G in each microgrid for continuity of supply, and we can absorb and setup more solar and wind that all currently can't be connected on our microgrid at all. Not faux, just an engineering problem.
that's the point... towns don't need to be connected... each can be independent with rooftop solar and batteries in each home....V2G is a needless expense.