Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
He made a direct comparison between “poor” rural people and Urban people.
He literally used the word “poor” when describing Rural people, and no modifier when describing Urban people and then followed up with how Urban people subsidize for Rural people.
No, he did not. Go re-read it and find where the word 'poor' exists. It says 'poor rural people' not 'rural people are poor'. The modifier on 'rural people' implies there are some who are not poor.

-Crissa
Sponsored

S3av8r

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 3500 / Cybertruck Tri-Motor on order
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Country flag
You are most likely a leach and should keep that on the downlow. I didn't say you are a leach.....just most likely. Please tell us are you a unappreciative leach? a unapologetic leach?, entitled?
I bet you do “got all day”

Your words above definitely show your true character. Your cowardly response to wordsmith insults without taking responsibility for throwing them is about what I’d expect person like you.
I have nothing to apologize about. Call me names. Call me entitled. I got where I am by working hard, and serving my country for over 20 years. Grow up!
I will not respond to you anymore. I’ve got much better things to do than wast my time on a person like you.
✌?

S3av8r

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 3500 / Cybertruck Tri-Motor on order
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Country flag
No, he did not. Go re-read it and find where the word 'poor' exists. It says 'poor rural people' not 'rural people are poor'. The modifier on 'rural people' implies there are some who are not poor.

-Crissa
From post #115 (cut and pasted because I couldn’t figure out how to post two quotes from my phone)
Tinkers said:
“Fair is paying for what you consume. Now I feel for poor rural people. There will need to be some sort of adjustment for them so this does not come as a complete shock, but still if they want to save money in taxes they should drive smaller and less when possible.

Rural people are often subsidized by urban people, although many don't see it that way.

I see what you are saying about making it to easy to accept the cost and do nothing about it.

Perhaps an annual reconciliation versus the transponder just charging your account incrementally”

Crissa, I’m not sure why you feel the need to moderate and jump in. You may know a lot about Tesla, but mind reading is not a real thing, yet. Tinker could have focused on clarifying his statement, but instead chose to throw shade. He’s just looking for a fight and has established a track record for that.
How about addressing Tinkers continued insults of members of this board?

People can have differences of opinion without needing to insult each other.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@S3av8r : Because you're upset. The comments about rural people did not imply they were more poor (although they are) just rightfully pointing out is costs more to support people in rural areas (which we do willingly, because we want rural produced food, parks, etc).

It's still important to know that you're making a choice which costs more to do.

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Does anyone know who pays for rhe construction of suburbian road development?

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
It's not a datapoint most want to talk about. You usually see it in articles touting how to help rural economies - that why we built the high speed rail in the rural counties first. But it's a basic truth of percapita spending.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/31/infrastructure-bill-map-which-states-get-the-most-money.html

-Crissa
That is a forecast for one bill, I have found that forecast rarely becomes reality.

In my state the built the rail to support the larger cities and taxed everyone for it.

OP
OP
Tinker71

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Does anyone know who pays for rhe construction of suburbian road development?
Usually the developer. After a year the maintenance gets past on to the local government.

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
...and the jobs that built the rail and the workers working on it were in rural areas.

Hence, more money went to rural places.

-Crissa
All sourced out of state, I couldn't tell you whether or not those were actually from rural communities.

The reason I am pushing for info is the perception here (rural) is that most of our tax money goes to the cities and we get very little in return. After your post I looked for info and the only thing I found other than opinion was one saying that more was spent per capita in urban areas than rural, but that was for England.

I suspect that it is a very complicated and the actual balance is much closer to neutral than either of us suspects.

Oh, you jumped from subsidized by government to production of goods and services two different though related things.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
All sourced out of state, I couldn't tell you whether or not those were actually from rural communities.

The reason I am pushing for info is the perception here (rural) is that most of our tax money goes to the cities and we get very little in return. After your post I looked for info and the only thing I found other than opinion was one saying that more was spent per capita in urban areas than rural, but that was for England.
Well, they're wrong.

There's usually a little finagling to avoid counting certain spending, but... No, rural areas get more spending. This even boils out if you pull it up to the state level: rural states get more spending than they pay in taxes,

Those workers on the rail weren't 'imported' and they still lived and worked out there eating food and buying stuff from stores. They weren't astronauts.

-Crissa

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are we talking about road and transportation taxes or total government spending?

If you are talking total government spending yes rural states get more federal funding, they also have the majority of the research and testing areas which skews the data a lot.

Those workers were housed in the cities, spent their money in the cities, then whet back home wherever that was.

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Last edited: