First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
????
Holy shit, the possibilities!!! This hadn't even crossed my mind! You're a genius!

Not stainless, but...
type6_foreq.0.0.jpg

This one might be difficult
RazorCrest-TSWB.png
I wish I was more of a trekie, that shuttle is spot on perfect for the Cybertruck.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The Cybertruck truck looks awesome in bare SS. I am leaving mine exactly how it comes out of the Giga TX assembly plant.
I go back and forth. I think I really need to live with it for a while. One thing I've thought about is a partial wrap to break up the big solid banks of silver. Maybe wrapping everything from the crease down. On Tesla's site, they have this image which is top lit and I really love the two tone effect. I might just try and duplicate this. A matte back bottom seems like it would set off with that super shiny top even more. Plus at night it would look like a little flying saucer hovering 3 feet off the ground.

Tesla Cybertruck Color options - body wraps Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 9.47.49 AM

Whatever I end up doing, the stainless is going to be a big part of it.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Also people get tired of the 'same old - same old'. Part of what drives the new vehicle market. Some may be satisfied with a new look via a new body wrap instead of buying a new vehicle. Cheap enough to do every couple years.
Wrapping your car every two years is far from cheap! I would rather have those thousands of dollars in my retirement account making money for me rather than invested in a pointless plastic covering for a super durable and beautiful metal body.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't want wrap on my Cybertruck but, make no mistake, the Cybertruck will be able to be wrapped and the wrap will stick more than adequately as long as the surface is properly prepped. And even with a painted car, surface prep is the most important step.

This Cybertruck Owner's Club forum seems to have an unusually high percentage of posts that are just plain incorrect. Yes, I know it's the Internet and am prepared for that but the ratios seem really high.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I am looking to get an artist friend to make a custom wrap design. She is looking for panel dimensions.
Can anyone point us to where we can get those to get started??
No one has seen a Beta or Production model, so we only have estimates.

So your only recourse are 3d models.

-Crissa

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You would have to ask the manufacturer of whatever wrap you were using. Tesla hasn't even definitively told us what kind of finish the SS will have from the factory. But I'm absolutely positive wrap manufacturers would not say "Oh, no, there are no products available that will perform well on a Cybertruck." That's just not going to happen.
Sponsored