Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I see a lot of people mentioning what number their place in line is. To avoid future disappointment (or prepare for a pleasant surprise) I want to point out that while Tesla's reservation system does provide you a place in line, it is not an exact place. you could get it sooner or later than someone else with numbers many thousands away.
I'm just planning to get mine sooner or later.

I'll know it's coming when I get that so, so, special email from Tesla.

New_Mariner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck ordered. Colorado Z71 4 x 4. Multiple electric bikes.
Country flag
2 for me as well. Dual shortly after reveal and Tri when they were talking about raising FSD to 10K. I want a dual with 500 mile range. That most likely won't be happening during initial rollout. I don't want or need the speed or towing capacity of the TRI. But if you want the range you pay the additional 20K. Later delivery may influence many Dual orders to upgrade to TRI.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
This whole thing of buy the truck and flip it bugs me, particularly when you are talking about more than just one.

It would really suck if a bunch of the early trucks get picked up by truck scalpers flipping them for cash.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
As long as they're keeping the newer one, is it flipping or is it just making sure they have the newest hardware?

Flipping will get you in trouble if you want your future reservations to be fulfilled...

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
As long as they're keeping the newer one, is it flipping or is it just making sure they have the newest hardware?

Flipping will get you in trouble if you want your future reservations to be fulfilled...

-Crissa
I was thinking more about the guy who ordered 37.

I'm ok with him buying a bunch for a business idea. Unless that business idea is flipping cars for profit.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag

I'm ok with him buying a bunch for a business idea. Unless that business idea is flipping cars for profit.
BTW, I too have a problem with scalpers. With concerts and sporting events, you can be trying to buy good seats on day one for a fair price, only to see they're all gone immediately. Then you see them at online scalper sites for crazy prices. I never buy from scalpers!
The same holds true with Cybertrucks, I reserved mine, about 1 hour after the reveal ended. And there were 38,000 ahead of me. I hope Tesla deals with people ordering multiple Cybertrucks with a wary eye, and doesn't allow scalpers to buy multiple trucks, to flip them, while loyal customers wait patiently for theirs.
Now personally, if I buy 1 of the early Cybertrucks, and drive it around for a year or more until my 2nd reservation comes up. And Then my Cybertruck is worth as much or more than I paid for it. What's wrong with taking some impatient schlep's money, to get an upgrade?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Now personally, if I buy 1 of the early Cybertrucks, and drive it around for a year or more until my 2nd reservation comes up. And Then my Cybertruck is worth as much or more than I paid for it. What's wrong with taking some impatient schlep's money, to get an upgrade?
I don't have a problem with this.

That said, I do hope Tesla prioritizes people who don't have a truck over anyone's second or third truck regardless of RN.

I'm around 65k, so this isn't going to affect my delivery by much either way. I'd just prefer to see the early trucks go to the people who care enough about them to have put an order in. Last minute chucks with handfuls of cash picking them up because they are the cool new thing don't deserve them. ;)

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I don't have a problem with this.

That said, I do hope Tesla prioritizes people who don't have a truck over anyone's second or third truck regardless of RN.

I'm around 65k, so this isn't going to affect my delivery by much either way. I'd just prefer to see the early trucks go to the people who care enough about them to have put an order in. Last minute chucks with handfuls of cash picking them up because they are the cool new thing don't deserve them. ;)
And all that profit goes to some scalper, and not Tesla. That's just wrong! That's why I have such a problem with dealer mark-ups. It's just the same as scalping in my book.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag

The guy who reportedly reserved 37 Cybertrucks is not planning on scalping them. He's planning on starting his own robo taxi network.

I just hope he's behind me! :unsure:
Sponsored