Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Also, if you ordered early and are in the first year of production, a second reservation today would reserve an order for a CT 3-4 years after. By the time that reservation is ready for production the initial release's issues will have been resolved. Then you can sell your 1st Cybertruck and get the updated model rather than being having to wait again.
Sponsored

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Also, if you ordered early and are in the first year of production, a second reservation today would reserve an order for a CT 3-4 years after. By the time that reservation is ready for production the initial release's issues will have been resolved. Then you can sell your 1st Cybertruck and get the updated model rather than being having to wait again.
All teething issues will be resolve by reservation number 190,000. I have on good authority from TOP people.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Consumerism at it's finest.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Already did.
First order was December 2019. 2nd order was just before FSD went from $8k to $10k.
Did it specifically because of your first, second and fouth bullet points.
Another reason I thought of is once I get mine dad might really like it and want one.
Very thoughtful son?

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Since even my late December '19 reservation probably gets me a CT in late '23 or early '24, I'm confident that FSD will be a least level 4(without geofencing).
Its been awhile since I personally reviewed the stages of the level of vehicle autonomy but I thought level 4 and level 5 where the same except level 5 contained no driver controls whatsoever, meaning you could not manually drive a level 5 vehicle even if you wanted to due to the lack of steering wheel/yoke and pedals?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Its been awhile since I personally reviewed the stages of the level of vehicle autonomy but I thought level 4 and level 5 where the same except level 5 contained no driver controls whatsoever, meaning you could not manually drive a level 5 vehicle even if you wanted to due to the lack of steering wheel/yoke and pedals?
The presence or absence of controls is irrelevant, it's the capabilities of the car.

Level 4 is similar to Level 5 but region locked.

Tesla's current FSD is more like Level 3... which is sort of the uncanny valley of autonomous driving. Good enough it can do everything, but bad enough we have to keep a close eye on it.

LEVEL 3: Conditional Driving Automation

Imagine a fully automated assembly line that requires full human supervision in case of a needed override -- that’s essentially how level three works. In this case, the vehicle can operate on its own in certain circumstances. Functions like steering, braking, and acceleration are automated, but the driver has to be ready to step in.

LEVEL 4: High Driving Automation

At this level, it’s “minds off,” as the car can perform all driving tasks, and can intervene if something goes awry. That said, Level 4 only works for location-restricted trips driving from point A to point B and back -- think autonomous Uber Eats deliveries.

LEVEL 5: Full automation

Full automation: the aspirational goal for vehicles of the future. With fully automated self-driving cars, you could basically read a book or play on your phone, as the vehicle can perform all driving tasks under all circumstances.
https://www.csail.mit.edu/news/explained-levels-autonomy-self-driving-cars

TruckDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor
Country flag
I met a guy who said he has 37 Cybertrucks on order in anticipation of starting a robotaxi service.

I don't anticipate autonomous driving anytime soon.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I met a guy who said he has 37 Cybertrucks on order in anticipation of starting a robotaxi service.

This is one of those situations where he is making a $3700 investment (fully refundable by the way) for the possibility of later making a profitable enterprise.

And you are disbelieving that his investment will pay off.

Thing is, you are risking the opportunity to build your own enterprise and possibly make big $$ in the relatively near future. But he is risking almost nothing.

If it doesn't work out for him, you can laugh about the situation and live your life. If it does work out for him, I'll bet you will be wishing you had made the little bit of investment.

I'd prefer to be in his situation than in yours.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you placed an early order, you might want to consider placing another one (or more). Why? Consider these reasons:

- Ordering now will mean delivery probably a couple years later than your first order. What if your CT is totaled and you need a new one?
- FSD is getting closer. If it is as amazing as it could be, the price will be going up.
- Other Teslas have been going up in price; CT probably will too.
- A $100, refundable, deposit is an incredibly low price to lock in optionality on the price of FSD and the CT itself. You could save thousands of dollars, by just placing a $100 option. If you decide to back out, you get that money back.

Just some thoughts on why you might want to place another order or two.
I am 46,140 on the reservation list......I just want to make sure that I get the new 4680 batteries and the new HW4.0 along with the other functions......I would hate to have to take something less then have new HW and batteries implemented a month after I take possession.......hoping they dont start delivery without theses features or I might have to order a new one to just get the model Y

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag

Even if FSD doesn't pan out by the time his CT's are ready and depending on how close to the beginning of the list he is, there is still a fair chance for him to make a tidy sum of money just selling what he has to highest bidders who want it NOW... That is if he goes through with his purchase(s).

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I see a lot of people mentioning what number their place in line is. To avoid future disappointment (or prepare for a pleasant surprise) I want to point out that while Tesla's reservation system does provide you a place in line, it is not an exact place. you could get it sooner or later than someone else with numbers many thousands away. And the reservation tool just tries to approximate that. As Tesla ramps production and starts shipping, they will batch the reservations based on configuration and destination. Destination will have a lot to do with it as they will likely ship the ones closest to the factory first. This helps offset the high cost per unit of early production before the lines are fully ramped to their most efficient configuration.

Of course, to keep some semblance of predictability for the buyers, they do take into account your place in line as much as possible within the other confines.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They will batch them together by region...

...But they build them together by configuration.

-Crissa
hope the CT3 with FSD is first......s/b because of revenue
Sponsored