Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
What is a Core tire? Who manufactures them? Any other info about them? Why do they look like a basic tire?
Still looking to put a set of Michelin Defenders on mine when the Goodyears wear out.
Sponsored

Hgamble

First Name
Heulyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, CT
Occupation
Commercial Pilot
Country flag
It looks like they are Pirelli Scorpion ATR tires T0 Spec meaning foam and tesla options.
I just configured my CT and decided to go with the core tires. I want the quieter ride, longer range, plus I can always customize them if I get tired of the lets say less aesthetic aero covers compared to the AT tires.

TwilightHan

First Name
Han
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model S, CT Beast Now Ordered
Country flag
Scorpion ATRs are actually pretty good off-road tires, but they don’t necessarily have the sidewall protection if you need to go down to around 10 psi driving through Rocky terrain. Make sure you air up after you’re done with driving on sand.

I also would not use that tire in mud, so if you’re off-road and have to go muddy, make sure you don’t mind getting dirty and have the right recovery tools to get you out of a muddy mess.

They are great for highway driving for sure. Even Ford F1 50s are using those tires today from the factory
Sponsored