[Correction: wife works for Tesla] Non-Tesla-employee Cybertruck deliveries have started!

OP
OP

Tony stank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT AWD, X3 M Comp, GT3 RS
Occupation
Ex Tesla, ADAS whisperer
Country flag
If I have my car by then, I can display it.
Dec 8th order + ex employee.
Does anyone have a Tesla employee connection at the Fremont plant? I need one Cybertruck to display at the 2024 Silicon Valley Auto Show , February 16-18th .
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Thats not how accounting works.
based On your comment, and how the other member styled his comments, I canā€™t tell what exactly youā€™re taking exception to you and you may be right based on your interpretation of the other memberā€™s styling

but the reference is vaguely to something Iā€™ve discussed elsewhere here several times over the last month or two, though in different terms

Basically, the historical CT-related capex/opex/COGS doesnā€™t hit the balance sheet against revenues until Tesla begins technical production (for financial reporting purposes) and delivery of retail CT units.

If youā€™re Tesla, you donā€™t want 100% of those historical COGS etc to hit the balance sheet all at once in Q4, and so hit your entire YE ā€˜23, absent as much offsetting CT revenue as possible and the runway of the rest of ā€˜24.

SVADA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Occupation
President SVADA
Country flag
If I have my car by then, I can display it.
Dec 8th order + ex employee.
That would be great if you are okay with that. We would need it for four days and it would be in a secure safe spot in the Convention Center.

Mark Maxwell

President

Silicon Valley Auto Dealers Association

101Metro Drive Suite 305

San Jose, CA 95110

[email protected]

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
based On your comment, and how the other member styled his comments, I canā€™t tell what exactly youā€™re taking exception to you and you may be right based on your interpretation of the other memberā€™s styling

but the reference is vaguely to something Iā€™ve discussed elsewhere here several times over the last month or two, though in different terms

Basically, the historical CT-related capex/opex/COGS doesnā€™t hit the balance sheet against revenues until Tesla begins technical production (for financial reporting purposes) and delivery of retail CT units.

If youā€™re Tesla, you donā€™t want 100% of those historical COGS etc to hit the balance sheet all at once in Q4, and so hit your entire YE ā€˜23, absent as much offsetting CT revenue as possible and the runway of the rest of ā€˜24.
That statement came out months ago. And so far, it seems to be the only statement still standing.
But let's give them a few days to get the wheels turning and see if any quantity starts popping out.
Of course, there's always the issue with production slowdowns if things aren't happening the way they want/expect them to.
I'm pretty sure that Tesla's concept with production is to nip them in the bud much earlier than anyone else thinks is possible. The ramp for the Cybertruck is crucial to the low-cost car. For the low-cost car, they really need to be able to come out of the gate shooting. They can afford to slow Cybertruck production slightly.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag