CT Windshield Wiper! The New Target for Vandalism?

Will the Cybertruck's windshield wiper become the next prime target for vandalism or aggression?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

cswamp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
With the Cybertruck's stainless steel body making it virtually immune to keying 🤞🏼, I foresee the windshield wiper becoming the new equivalent of "keying" the CT.

I'm curious if anyone has any thought on this?
Sponsored

Bill837

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Z4, 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2008 R1200RT
Occupation
Aviation Weapons/Systems
Country flag
No, but I guess I live in a relatively quiet part of the country in 30 years where I live I've not had anything of mine vandalized

OP
OP
cswamp1

cswamp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
No, but I guess I live in a relatively quiet part of the country in 30 years where I live I've not had anything of mine vandalized
Here in Los Angeles I consider myself lucky if able to go 30 weeks without something happening lol

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
When I lived in the apartment structure some little kids drew flowers in my back windows. Or, and they tended to take my skipping stones in the downspouts and reflectors off my bikes. And trip over my potted plants (so I switched to plastic planters which were less fragile).

I doubt they'd take a wiper.

-Crissa

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
My Yukon XL was keyed badly enough to bother me shortly after I bought it, 23 years ago. This happened in Highland Park, a separate town in DFW with homes valued in the 10s of millions and a municipal police department that fervently guards the citizens' exclusive domain. The scene of the crime was the parking lot of a storied hamburger joint frequented by families living on old oil money and/or spending their new software money.

That vandal was probably a rich kid with few morals and no regard for others. I've never been vandalized since then. So vandalism can happen at unexpected places, even if it's rare.

The BAW is an eye-catcher so it might look like an easy target. We ofter have long dry spells here when it won't see much action. If the BAM can be removed and replaced fairly easily mine will probably hide out from vandals in the fronk, if it fits. But, for me, that will be more a style thing than worrying about vandalism.

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
Some Tesla peeps have been indoctrinated by Wam Bam. Vandalism may happen, possible 1% for being a Tesla.
30% possibility if you drive like a douche.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Some Tesla peeps have been indoctrinated by Wam Bam. Vandalism may happen, possible 1% for being a Tesla.
30% possibility if you drive like a douche.
I have had many break ins and vandalism. It always occurs when not driving (overnight) I really doubt it was due to my driving.

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
I’m speaking regarding vandalism specifically for individuals anti-Tesla. Of course there is traditional break ins for monetary gain for all cars.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
But honestly I doubt the vandalism is going to be any different than any other car.
The Cybertruck has a full complement of cameras and Sentry Mode. Vandals are slowing becoming aware that vandalizing a Tesla might not be the easiest car to get away with vandalizing. A number of vandals have been brought to justice via Sentry Mode footage and this info is spreading on social media sites.

Of course vandals are not the sharpest pencils in the box, so it will still happen, just at a lower rate than other brands.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I think a lot of buyers will be removing the ugly BAW and treating the ginormous windshield with Rain-X water repellant.

I‘m rather surprised that nobody has come up with a built in hydrophobic windshield formula that’s mixed in with the actual glass. It would minimize the use of the windshield wipers and repel bugs and dirt from sticking.

chonnertruk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Telecommunications
Country flag
I live in the Northern Plains area. Loaded with Truck lovers across the board. 1/2, 3/4, 1 ton gas and diesel would likely represent 50% of the vehicles on the road in this area. Over the last decade the culture in our town has shifted from respectful and courteous to ransacked and mayhem.

I realize my CT will invoke a variety of emotions for a while. I am certain I will need to be vigilant and guarded.

rjtumble

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche, Subaru Forrester, Ford Focus, 1932 Deuce Coupe
Occupation
Computer Support
Country flag
With the Cybertruck's stainless steel body making it virtually immune to keying 🤞🏼, I foresee the windshield wiper becoming the new equivalent of "keying" the CT.

I'm curious if anyone has any thought on this?
With the bullet proof claims, I've been expecting them to get shot at more than a normal car "just to see". I seriously think that will be something that happens (hopefully, not a regular thing).
Sponsored