Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Elon’s position on Covid would not include self quarantine but even if it did the quarantine time for hospital workers has dropped to something like 5 days so he could make it. I just love the comment “almost no symptoms” :)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Most who have been inoculated tend to have 'almost no symptoms'. That's the point of inoculation: Fewer/shorter symptoms means a narrower band in which the disease might replicate and spread.

And despite who he's been hanging out with, he had been masking and following medical guidance and moving to remote work. Following instructions gets you back to work quicker with fewer others also taken out of service.

-Crissa

uff_da

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
So here is a (wishful thinking) theory:

Elon hyped up the last earnings call and we all went bonkers wondering what would be revealed only to be completely denied. Not even a tiny little mouse crumb of information for us to obsess over.

Now... we have CYBER Rodeo Texas. Not Giga (4680) Rodeo Texas. Not Structural Pack Rodeo Texas. Not Single Piece Casting Rodeo Texas. Maybe, just maybe, a couple of crumbs will fall off the cyber table for us and we learn a bit more?

Could it also simply be "cyber" is just an easier party theme? Well yes.
BUT YOU NEVER KNOW!!!

(returns to life of waiting)

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Most who have been inoculated tend to have 'almost no symptoms'. That's the point of inoculation: Fewer/shorter symptoms means a narrower band in which the disease might replicate and spread.

And despite who he's been hanging out with, he had been masking and following medical guidance and moving to remote work. Following instructions gets you back to work quicker with fewer others also taken out of service.

-Crissa
Could be a BA.2 super-spreader event!

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Elon hyped up the last earnings call and we all went bonkers wondering what would be revealed only to be completely denied. Not even a tiny little mouse crumb of information for us to obsess over.

Now... we have CYBER Rodeo Texas. Not Giga (4680) Rodeo Texas. Not Structural Pack Rodeo Texas. Not Single Piece Casting Rodeo Texas. Maybe, just maybe, a couple of crumbs will fall off the cyber table for us and we learn a bit more?

BUT YOU NEVER KNOW!!!

Cybertruck Rodeo would have been better. :D

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Could be a BA.2 super-spreader event!
Let's hope not. If everyone takes it seriously, testing and listening to when others test positive, we can avoid spreading it.

Sure, it means sometimes weeks are blown... a couple weeks ago I had to cancel a dentist appointment and going to a game because someone who stayed over had been exposed. Luckily, only their roommate ever tested positive (and had symptoms), so we're fine, but that's all we need to do now. Just be careful, mask around those who want to/have to mask, and take testing seriously.

-Crissa

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

-Crissa
I think that getting Covid twice kind of tells all. It means you are spreading it and it makes little difference what your symptoms are. I am glad that he will survive…but those he infects, or those they infect (etc.) might not. That’s the ‘beauty’ of a virus.

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
Gave me symptoms for two days, and I got 7 off from work. Sweet deal.
He should be fine by then.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

BUT YOU NEVER KNOW!!!

Not to mention almost every design element of giga Austin is Cybertruck themed, from the shape of the retention ponds, to the windows, to the planters, and now the retaining walls.

Daddystired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Cybertruck star performer!

Update:

According to a copy of the email received on Friday night by Canadian and current California resident James Locke (@arctechinc), the event will be called ‘Cyber Rodeo Giga Texas’ and as expected, be held on April 7, 2022.

Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 2.31.25 AM.png

Bummed.. I own a model y and now a 3. 20k in line for a cybertruck. Live within 50 miles of the factory in Austin . And a Canadian/ Cali person gets first invite. I thought also locals got invited first. ….

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Probably an ‘influencer’…something that means nothing to me. Content producers like Jeff and Joe should be invited but people that just put spin on content and don’t even know what they are talking about should get no special treatment. Anyway, I am neither an influencer nor do I live in the Austin area so I guess I will buy some local BBQ and watch a live stream.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I have been planning a trip to the Austin area for months, but I will arrive at the end of April.

I hope that they do not lock things down and I cannot get close to the factory. Have been wanting to see it in person.
Sponsored