First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
Really, not a fan of the “graffiti” look
 just say’n. I don't want my $100,000 plus vehicle to look like it just got "tagged" by some random spray paint vandal.
BTW, I don’t wear jeans with precut holes or “hoodies" either. Exactly, who's their audience... or more precisely customer??

Last edited:

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
So do I have to start a blog?

BayouCityBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
 just say’n. I don't want my $100,000 plus vehicle to look like it just got "tagged" by some random spray paint vandal.
BTW, I don’t wear jeans with precut holes or “hoodies" either. Exactly, who's their audience... or more precisely customer??
Agree, this is lame. The Cerberus was awesome. Cyberbeast graffiti not so much. .
Tesla Cybertruck CYBERBEAST Graffiti Logo Badge (Official)! CB

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag

Madaven818

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: CRV future: cyber truck
Occupation
UPS
Country flag
Hi, precut hole guy here
 Its me, I’m the customer I’d have to agree with you. I dont Love the graffiti on my 100k truck either. Although I wouldn’t mind it on a hoodie

XCeilidhX

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model S, awaiting CT RN112786958
Country flag

Out of curiosity, are you a fan of welding?

I think when most people think of steel, like the exterior of the CYBERtruck (back to that in a minute), most people think of putting pieces of steel together by welding. If you've ever tried to write on metal with an arc welder, you would know that it's pretty much impossible to do anything other than straight lines unless you are extremely talented with an arc welding kit.

The very name of the CyberTruck references CyberPunk which was an old school RPG then re-realized as various video games. The RPG had a font not dissimilar to the "grafitti" look you are saying you dislike, but the name of the truck and the font essentially go hand in hand, like it or not.

So when they combined the name of the truck with the fact that it was made out of steel and trying to write on steel while welding yields a necessity to write in essentially straight lines (back in the days of Latin when carving in stone made the curves of a letter "u" impossible they changed it to "v" when etched for the same reason--just as a bit of history,--there are myriad examples of this available throughout ancient Europe) to me this was a brilliant merger of tradition, reference, and practicality in graphic design.

Regardless of if one likes it, it references so many things at once in the most simplistic form that I think whoever they hired deserves some sort of award for the font/logo. And unless you are paying for a wrap to highlight the font, it is in rather inconspicuous places on the vehicle.

Not sure why people have to start making references to ripped jeans and not liking grafitti. It's barely noticeable unless you are looking for it. My advice is to not get to bent out of shape about it. People will be so polarized by the look of the truck overall (which is very Blade Runner, even Elon referenced this, and Blade Runner is a VERY quintessential cyberpunk meets film noir classic masterpiece of film) nobody will really notice the look of the logo in most cases given the size and location of placement and the fact that it is not a different color than the background it is placed on on this vehicle. Nobody is goinig to assume you should have ripped jeans on just because you are driving the truck.

Just my 2 cents, and that's all it's worth. Don't let my opinion get to you either. But I think you may have missed the point.

XCeilidhX

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model S, awaiting CT RN112786958
Country flag
PS—in case you haven’t looked closely, when they put the cybertruck logo on the metal of the truck (not sure about the black plastic in the frunk, haven’t seen an up close photo with enough resolution to tell) it isn’t paint drip style, it’s made to look like a welding bead, this my point about welding.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I gotta do it...

OK, Boomer.

My Gen-X self thinks it's just fine. You're worried about some rather understated 3d printed graffiti? Like dude, I'd feel honored someone spent that much time and effort to sign the truck.

Cool logo, man.

-Crissa

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
Out of curiosity, are you a fan of welding?

I think when most people think of steel, like the exterior of the CYBERtruck (back to that in a minute), most people think of putting pieces of steel together by welding. If you've ever tried to write on metal with an arc welder, you would know that it's pretty much impossible to do anything other than straight lines unless you are extremely talented with an arc welding kit.

The very name of the CyberTruck references CyberPunk which was an old school RPG then re-realized as various video games. The RPG had a font not dissimilar to the "grafitti" look you are saying you dislike, but the name of the truck and the font essentially go hand in hand, like it or not.

So when they combined the name of the truck with the fact that it was made out of steel and trying to write on steel while welding yields a necessity to write in essentially straight lines (back in the days of Latin when carving in stone made the curves of a letter "u" impossible they changed it to "v" when etched for the same reason--just as a bit of history,--there are myriad examples of this available throughout ancient Europe) to me this was a brilliant merger of tradition, reference, and practicality in graphic design.

Regardless of if one likes it, it references so many things at once in the most simplistic form that I think whoever they hired deserves some sort of award for the font/logo. And unless you are paying for a wrap to highlight the font, it is in rather inconspicuous places on the vehicle.

Not sure why people have to start making references to ripped jeans and not liking grafitti. It's barely noticeable unless you are looking for it. My advice is to not get to bent out of shape about it. People will be so polarized by the look of the truck overall (which is very Blade Runner, even Elon referenced this, and Blade Runner is a VERY quintessential cyberpunk meets film noir classic masterpiece of film) nobody will really notice the look of the logo in most cases given the size and location of placement and the fact that it is not a different color than the background it is placed on on this vehicle. Nobody is goinig to assume you should have ripped jeans on just because you are driving the truck.

Just my 2 cents, and that's all it's worth. Don't let my opinion get to you either. But I think you may have missed the point.
Thank you for a very reasoned reply. 😊

Yes, I am a welder, I have a Miller and grew up working in the family business, a junk yard, but escaped. Yes, I understand the benefits of a straight-line font and there are plenty of examples that do not resemble something one sees spray painted on the side of a derelict building or random railcar. I think Roman stone carvers have some great ones and I
Tesla Cybertruck CYBERBEAST Graffiti Logo Badge (Official)! 1702819577931
. Yes, I am a fan of sci-fi, more the golden age writers
. e.g. Helbert, Heinlein, Clarke, Dick, Asimov; than the modern stuff
. Gibson, Stephenson, Reeve, but I read it all. I am ardent believer of the concept that form follows function, and the Cybertruck certainly does that, (btw, ripped jeans with holes DO NOT, they are more of a form follows fashion.)

Now that we got that out of the way, to me it is simply about the marketing. Who is actually buying the CT? Hint (outliers and precut hole guys ;) aside) it is not whom the twenty somethings in Tesla’s marketing department seem to envision buying it. The CT, ((certainly in its current iteration!)) is not going to the GEN Z’ers. The Tesla Cybertruck is an EXPENSIVE LUXURY vehicle and lest we want another Bud Light moment, the marketing executives should understand this and embrace their actual customers. While some may view the “spray painted” font as modern and edgy, I see it for what it is, dumb and cheap looking. Granted, in the big picture, it’s not all that important, just another data point and no it won’t prevent me from buying the truck. Finally, I know, I am a boomer so who really GAS anyhow, LOL.

I think I can sum it up this way, The Cybertruck is the modern incarnation of the Jeep Grand Wagoneer, not the VW bus.

Last edited:

Diveflyfish

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 BMW 335d
Country flag
Yep, do you want a Cyberbeast or a Cyberpunk..... simple as that.
Does anyone know dimensions of the above as well as the “Foundation” logo? I would like to cut some vinyl to experiment with. Thank you in advance for any leads or suggestions.
Cheers,

Tesla Cybertruck CYBERBEAST Graffiti Logo Badge (Official)! IMG_3118
Sponsored