Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
This crazy Tesla Cybertruck mod has gained $50 million in pre-orders
CREDIT: CYBERLANDR
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertruck-cyberlandr-mod-50-million-pre-orders/
Tesla Cybertruck CyberLandr for Cybertruck has gained $50 million in pre-orders work-pic-update-80x80

ByJoey Klender
Posted on April 29, 2021

The Tesla Cybertruck is expected to enter the electric vehicle market by the end of the year. The fact that the Cybertruck is still around 7-8 months away from production and deliveries has not stopped third-party companies, like Stream It, from inventing crazy mods for the all-electric truck. The CyberLandr, a mod that would make the Cybertruck completely liveable with the addition of a bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom, all within the vault of the truck, has already gained massive publicity and pre-orders: $50 million worth of future revenue, to be exact.

The Cyberlandr aims to make the Cybertruck completely liveable by its owners. While it would be more likely to be used as a deployable camper, it is confined to the bed, or vault, of the Cybertruck, and includes a bathroom, bedroom, and kitchen. While the CyberLandr adds 1,200 pounds to the weight of the Cybertruck, there is only an estimated 5% reduction in range.

When the Cyberlandr was unveiled on April 6th, it gained quite a bit of publicity and attention from everyone far and wide. It appears that Cybertruck owners were quite impressed with the idea, and a $5,000 deposit wasn’t too steep for many of the future owners to throw down. Stream It, the parent company of the Cyberlandr, announced that it has already taken in “more than $50 million in future revenue,” according to a press release.

Stream It, Inc. co-founder Bill French said, “We believe the enthusiasm is a direct result of people envisioning how this new adventure vehicle can improve their lives. People are telling us of many new uses for both wilderness and urban adventures. For example, parents at athletic matches, or the ability to boondock and overland to places previously inaccessible to a traditional RV. We estimate CyberLandr™ will be used 2-3 times more than traditional RVs because it is so easy to take with you.”

Tesla Cybertruck CyberLandr for Cybertruck has gained $50 million in pre-orders cyberlandr-desert-493x278
Tesla Cybertruck CyberLandr for Cybertruck has gained $50 million in pre-orders cyberlandr-sports-494x278
The development of the CyberLandr is still continuing, and Stream It is getting some advice from legendary teardown expert and well-known Tesla fan Sandy Munro. Munro has a notable presence in the EV space, especially after his teardown series on the Tesla Model Y last year. Munro & Associates was summoned by Stream It to “help ensure high quality while we scale manufacturing to meet demand,” CEO Lance King said.

King also believes that only a small number, about 10%, of Cybertruck reservation holders have seen the CyberLandr in the three weeks since its unveiling. He believes that an overwhelming number of Cybertruck orderers will inevitably place orders for the add-on, and conservatively estimates around 10,000 units in 2022.

The CyberLandr is available for $49,995, but the company is running several promotions that offer more savings for larger down payments. You can order one at this link.

Sponsored

Bluechip506

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Mazda CX9, Mazda Miata
Country flag
All right, so how many future Cybertruck owners put $5K, down on this vaporware? They are "sold out" of those 20% discount spots. The two lower amounts of 4K and 3K are gone too. Does anyone actually believe anyone put money down on one of these? Makes the whole thing even more sketchy to me.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
i think they (the makers/company?) want to make it and have plans to, the question is... have they done their due diligence with all business stuff to get it made in time and a decent product.

Misterbee

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y + T@g teardrop, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Film Editor
Country flag
All right, so how many future Cybertruck owners put $5K, down on this vaporware? They are "sold out" of those 20% discount spots. The two lower amounts of 4K and 3K are gone too. Does anyone actually believe anyone put money down on one of these? Makes the whole thing even more sketchy to me.
I did.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
Stream It, the parent company of the Cyberlandr, announced that it has already taken in “more than $50 million in future revenue,” according to a press release.
Does this company have enough CT's on order to fill their orders or do they think Tesla will put them before already reserved CT buyers because they are buying in large numbers?
Or do CT owners have to turn their truck over to the company to do the modifications once they take delivery?
I would really be pissed if they delayed my CT in order to fill bulk orders.
Things that make you go hummmmmmm.

bfrench

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck (tri-motor on order)
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Hi Bluechip506, I'm Chief Analytics Officer at Stream It and we do not lie about financials or CyberLandr™ order activity. These numbers are deeply scrutinized by investors and subject to independent audits. If you'd like to give me a ring at 970-389-3126, I'd be happy to Zoom you into a call with the CEO and we can explore the sold out data together. Some of these customers have already signaled a willingness to discuss why they opted in for such a seemingly high investment.

We were surprised by the massive demand for CyberLandr™ reservations and especially the number of people who placed multiple reservations for the bigger discounts. Happy to help you get your facts straight. Give us a call.

Cyberpark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz,CT
Country flag
Hi Bluechip506, I'm Chief Analytics Officer at Stream It and we do not lie about financials or CyberLandr™ order activity. These numbers are deeply scrutinized by investors and subject to independent audits. If you'd like to give me a ring at 970-389-3126, I'd be happy to Zoom you into a call with the CEO and we can explore the sold out data together. Some of these customers have already signaled a willingness to discuss why they opted in for such a seemingly high investment.

We were surprised by the massive demand for CyberLandr™ reservations and especially the number of people who placed multiple reservations for the bigger discounts. Happy to help you get your facts straight. Give us a call.
I love your efforts on innovative products, are they available in China?

K Doc Brown 007

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion & 2019 Jeep Rubicon
Country flag
Sorry, maybe just my taste.... but that CyberLandr thing is aesthetically hideous to my taste. It doesn’t come close to matching the cyber truck aesthetics. IMHO

Bluechip506

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Mazda CX9, Mazda Miata
Country flag
I don't see how this is really any better than an inflatable mattress in the bed of the Cybertruck. At least with that you can have a decent sized bed. How wide is the bed in the Cyberlander? Maybe 42" at most. Good luck getting a good nights sleep for two people on that. I think they are trying to squeeze in too much stuff in a 4.5'+ x 6'+ space. Do you really need two sinks in that much space? A lot of room is dedicated to the toilet area that could better be used by more living space. Water storage both clean and grey? Shower? How exactly does that roll up door work with telescoping frame? What about heat/AC? I think the Cyberlander looks workable in concept animation but in real life it is just not practical. Way too expensive for what it supposedly accomplishes. You can get an inflatable bed and a dry toilet for under $500.

bfrench

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag
I don't see how this is really any better than an inflatable mattress in the bed of the Cybertruck. At least with that you can have a decent sized bed. How wide is the bed in the Cyberlander? Maybe 42" at most. Good luck getting a good nights sleep for two people on that. I think they are trying to squeeze in too much stuff in a 4.5'+ x 6'+ space. Do you really need two sinks in that much space? A lot of room is dedicated to the toilet area that could better be used by more living space. Water storage both clean and grey? Shower? How exactly does that roll up door work with telescoping frame? What about heat/AC? I think the Cyberlander looks workable in concept animation but in real life it is just not practical. Way too expensive for what it supposedly accomplishes. You can get an inflatable bed and a dry toilet for under $500.

Well, do you actually need a mattress or a toilet? Some would say that's too much. But saying that is just as absurd as telling anyone they shouldn't have 100MBs of connectivity if they suffer from medical issues but need to stay in contact with a doctor. Some people have never seen the other 10,000 arches in Arches National Park and they're getting up in years and need a little more creature comforts to make it possible.

This is at the root of freedom; the liberty to go wherever and do whatever in nature that makes you happy.

Yes, CyberLandr™ is very different from what you personally believe is adequate and it has features that you may think are absurd. And you may not like the layout, but that's fluid as well and we haven't revealed everything about CyberLandr™ configurations.

bfrench

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Sorry, maybe just my taste.... but that CyberLandr thing is aesthetically hideous to my taste. It doesn’t come close to matching the cyber truck aesthetics. IMHO
It's difficult to match Cybertruck esthetics without weight and cost. I suspect this is one reason most people like to make it disappear into the vault. ;-)

If you have ideas for the team, simply drop a message to [email protected] and we'll connect you to the appropriate designers to chat about possible ways to make CyberLandr™ more esthetic.

Last edited:

bfrench

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Does this company have enough CT's on order to fill their orders or do they think Tesla will put them before already reserved CT buyers because they are buying in large numbers?
Or do CT owners have to turn their truck over to the company to do the modifications once they take delivery?
I would really be pissed if they delayed my CT in order to fill bulk orders.
Things that make you go hummmmmmm.
You have it backwards - we will marry CyberLandr™ with a Cybertruck (at our Austin plant) when -- and only when -- Cybertruck is ready for delivery to each Cybertruck customer. We do not buy and resell Cybertruck, nor do we have any influence over Cybertruck production schedules. We are simply an add-in to the bed of Cybertruck. If you are #1 for Cybertruck delivery and you have a completed order for a CyberLandr™, you can pickup your truck at the Texas factory and drive your shiny new Cybertruck down the road to our factory and we will install CyberLandr™ and invite you to participate in the installation process. There will likely be balloons and coffee and some photo ops as well. ;-)
Sponsored

Last edited: