Cybercarlson

First Name
T.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
chevy K1500 decades ago, M3, MY, New Beetle
Country flag
I'd like Elon to create a recreational VTOL aircraft that can fit in that truck bed similar to the HoverSurf. It almost looks like a Cyberquad for the air.

Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 5.23.27 PM.png
Looks great. :D
But I would preferr to have the blades ABOVE me....
I do not mind the wind but, in an accident, I would like to enjoy the free fall.
Even if it is my last joy in live...?
Sponsored

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hope it remains as a Sport Atv.
Like in the reveal.

I definitely would want one.
If it Wheelies on command.
Definitely interested if the price is right, looking to replace my 2009 Honda TRX700XX which just about fits in the bed of my Nissan Navara NP300, just hope I can make it street legal.

PLC

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
L200
Country flag
Tesla should stop wasting time with their quad. They should get the IP from the AltaMotors leftovers and start producing and selling the MXR and EXR bikes 1:1 as Alta did. I still canĀ“t belief they locked up this company. Three of those bikes fit onto the CT. Imagine the package: A full 150kWh CT battery and three 6kWh MX-bikes. Endless, innocent and quiet offroadfun for several people for several days.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Before I found out Elon did not like road motorcycles, my fantasy was for Tesla to buy Zero Motorcycles and give them access to technology and funds they need to really advanced and expand their product line.

Now I am hoping Zero stays independent or some 1st or 2nd tier manufacturer realizes it would be faster and cheaper to buy Zero than figure out all this EV stuff themselves (like Suzuki and/or Kawasaki).

Yamaha seems to be working on EV power trains...

MUSK007

Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S - P100D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So Musk is ā€œaimingā€˜ā€™ to have the Quad be an Option When the CT is finally released? Thatā€™s nice. Is that kind of like when said the Roadster would come out in 2020? Or a Maybe the Semi? I mean after all, he did take in big deposits on those vehicles. Musk makes a comment on a twitter and everybody goes crazy. Thatā€™s what crazy to me

PLC

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
L200
Country flag
Before I found out Elon did not like road motorcycles, my fantasy was for Tesla to buy Zero Motorcycles and give them access to technology and funds they need to really advanced and expand their product line.

Now I am hoping Zero stays independent or some 1st or 2nd tier manufacturer realizes it would be faster and cheaper to buy Zero than figure out all this EV stuff themselves (like Suzuki and/or Kawasaki).

Yamaha seems to be working on EV power trains...
I think there is a reason no established MC-manufacturer cares about Zero: they are no threat to anybody. The FX is useless on the MX-track or as a serious Enduro-bike, and the streetmodels are just too limited regarding their range. Alta was competitive in their field so HD pulled the ripcord to reputize for the whole industry.

PLC

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
L200
Country flag
Elon doesn't like two-wheelers.
BRP owns Alta and produces the Can-Am and other EV models https://electrek.co/2019/09/11/brp-electric-motorcycle-electric-go-kart/

I don't think it's much of a distraction to make a foour-wheeler. They already have most of the tecnology. The rest is off the shelf.

-Crissa
Have you seen one picture of one of those BRP-products which is not a rendering yet? That was almost a year ago. Those things will never see the road. They switched off a promising company with a great product and dumped the leftovers in the backyard of a traditional fuelburnerbusiness. Ventures like Alta work when they are independent and stay focused on their core competence. Tesla should learn to build better and cheaper cars instead of ATVs. Alta should have had more support from the ones who also fight the war against the dark side. Tesla could not afford helping Alta back then - but could afford to help recreating this venture now. For sure a better investment than creating an ATV-branch from scratch by themselves.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you seen one picture of one of those BRP-products which is not a rendering yet?

Tho there are so few reviews of their products that I can't find the videos of them being ridden. I've seen video, so I know it's out there.

-Crissa

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
HD priced themselves out of any serious consideration. I would buy a Honda Goldwing befoe the HD Livewire.. and I test rode it before it went into production.

I think if Zero has done great for a startup, but having access to better batteries and/or more efficient power train would help.

Not sure why Zero has to be a threat to get bought.

They have been running a electric motorcycle company for 11 years now?

PLC

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
L200
Country flag
Not sure why Zero has to be a threat to get bought.

The deeper sense in BEVs is NOT beeing an additional toy for consumeaddicts, it's replacing fossil-fuel burning machines. Zero replaces nothing and is therefore no threat to any established fossilfuelburnercompany. From the other side: if a BEV-producer is no threat to the busnisses of fossilfuleburningmachineproducers, the impact within limitation of global warming is ZERO. Maybe the wrong approach in a forum where the celebrated key-features of the CT are beeing bullet proof and as looking as a tank as possible, but somebody should mention the main reason why BEVs are superior from time to time: because they replace things and reduce the consumption of resources.

PLC

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
L200
Country flag
Tho there are so few reviews of their products that I can't find the videos of them being ridden. I've seen video, so I know it's out there.

-Crissa

If a company presents the same stuff for 4 years without bringing it to market, they present you a figleaf and not a new product. Just like the european and japanese carmakers presentet fuelcell-vehicles from time to time within the last 20 years to proof the hard development- an research-work they are doing for their customers and the environment. Until Musk came and pulled their pants down.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Zero replaces nothing and ...
Wha? I just replaced half of my driving with a Zero this last year. If I let Costco deliver it would have been more.

FX are quite capable trail bikes. A DS rode with pillion across Africa. There's more to bikes than tearing it around a strip as fast as possible.

HD priced themselves out of any serious consideration. I would buy a Honda Goldwing befoe the HD Livewire.. and I test rode it before it went into production.
They're having no problems selling the Livewire - It's getting dealers to carry them. It has some of the best performance of any EV motorcycle. Their test rides were super-tame and did not show off what this bike could do... It's like a sports car. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFeqrQKPD4i06XNuYslVWlA

I think if Zero has done great for a startup, but having access to better batteries and/or more efficient power train would help.
Zero has 160 kwh per kg in the Farasis battery pack, the Model 3 has 159. Zero gets 135 miles on its SR with the 14.4 battery while the Livewire get 146 on a 15.5; the EsseEsse9 get 142 miles on Energica's 21 kwh pack.

They have yet to pull a profit, though their manufacturing is said to be done in the black. This is from what the CEO says. 'They have understanding investors', he said.

If a company presents the same stuff for 4 years ...
...You. might think they're a company that is on thin margins and building prototypes. Which they have now. The Livewire took almost six years from first announced to being delivered.

-Crissa

Last edited:

PLC

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
L200
Country flag
Wha? I just replaced half of my driving with a Zero this last year. If I let Costco deliver it would have been more.

FX are quite capable trail bikes. A DS rode with pillion across Africa. There's more to bikes than tearing it around a strip as fast as possible.
Of course Zero bikes replaces something for some people, but in a global scale they replace nothing. The FX is an XT500 with limited range. Out of which practical reasons should anybody buy this thing? An Alta EXR outperforms designated racebikes and has several features that could be key (no noise and potential waterpollution - every landowner could open a racetrack or a playground without asking anybody). They stood in the first row of the erzbergrodeo. This type of bike would rip the whole industry apart if it has proper funding and marketing. Just like Tesla ripped the whole carmakerindustry apart. They are the only one with profits in this global crisis. They caused a serious carbuyingreluctance before the crisis. They forced VW into a serious BEV offensive before the crisis. They have been and are a gamechanger. Zero is not.
Sponsored