Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Via Tesla shareholder meeting.

Admin update:

Big concern is safety, want to make it really difficult to roll. "You gotta have one with the Cybertruck" - elonmusk​
Sponsored

Kaz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
I’m in for one as well but it’s very dependent on price as I’m not willing to pay 20k

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
This made me happy when I heard him specifically point out they are still thinking/working on the ATV. I'm still holding my breath for what the realized price of both the dual motor and the ATV are along with what my total savings for this goal are when available before making any decision on the ATV.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Via Tesla shareholder meeting.

Admin update:

Big concern is safety, want to make it really difficult to roll. "You gotta have one with the Cybertruck" - elonmusk​
I'm really curious how safe they are going to make the Cyberquad. Seems like a very difficult problem. But with Cybertruck being delayed waiting for batteries, maybe they have time to design something out of this world. If they make it safe enough, I might be tempted. If they add FSD to it (including the ability to record video etc like the other Tesla's) I'd be very tempted. I don't see the need for it but if they give it many of the CT features (full raise and lower of the shocks, four-wheel steering, etc) I would be very surprised.

One thing is that in a small upright vehicle like an ATV, it seems like the larger the battery gets (assuming it's all at the bottom) the more stable the vehicle would get. Could this result in an ATV with a very long range?

~Jek~

First Name
Jekare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor CT reserved, LR AWD Model 3 on order, 2011 Smart Fortwo
Country flag
I'm hoping they make a 4wd version, with more of a utility body ??

Deleted member 12457

I seem to remember Tesla saying I couldn't buy a CT then turn around and immediately sell it. Yes/no? Would that also be true for the ATV?

If not, I'll go ahead and add the ATV and promptly sell it for a few thousand dollars more to help pay for the CT. Otherwise, I'll think about gutting the motor and electronics and seeing if I can convert it into a marine inboard motor for my (nonexistent after giving the parts away) 1941 16-ft Chris Craft runabout. I could try creating a water-tight metal enclosure using Send-Cut-Send to CNC the parts then try and rebuild the boat. I wish Elon would set aside a few engineers to create a simple inboard marine engine with basic charging and control systems.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I seem to remember Tesla saying I couldn't buy a CT then turn around and immediately sell it. Yes/no? Would that also be true for the ATV?

If not, I'll go ahead and add the ATV and promptly sell it for a few thousand dollars more to help pay for the CT. Otherwise, I'll think about gutting the motor and electronics and seeing if I can convert it into a marine inboard motor for my (nonexistent after giving the parts away) 1941 16-ft Chris Craft runabout. I could try creating a water-tight metal enclosure using Send-Cut-Send to CNC the parts then try and rebuild the boat. I wish Elon would set aside a few engineers to create a simple inboard marine engine with basic charging and control systems.
They can’t really control what you do with it once it ships. Particularly not the Cyberquad which you don’t even need to register (might need to get stickers, but I don’t think that’s as traceable as licensing).

They might cancel or delay orders if someone has 10 trucks on order and starts flipping them, but not singles or quads.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

Deleted member 12457

This is much more compatible with the types of places I go:

https://electrek.co/2021/09/15/us-made-fat-tire-electric-motorcycle-volcon-grunt-begins-shipping/

1633813750695.png

It has a top speed of 40MPH, 35 miles of range, and is legal on a lot of the trails I ride Mountain bikes on but I think the fat tires would have less impact on the trails than skinnier motorcycle tires which tend to roost a lot.
Are these licensed as motorcycles when used on the street or are they off-road only? Their website said off-road but couldn't find the reason why? Maybe no brake or running lights? Uses a 60V power plant with top speed of 40mph. I'm not looking for a highway EV bike, just something around town.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
If those rear fenders were metal, that thing is just a rollover amputation accident waiting to happen.....

Just sayin.
Sponsored