Cybertruck Financing - Current Tesla owners chime in (please)

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Saving works for both your wants and needs, equally. ALL of us put $ 100 down on the CT as a pure 'want', For a product that is at least 3 years away. Most will actually 'need' it in 3, 4 or 5 years to replace an older ICE vehicle. We are also saving for the future tech in it! Future FSD, future Batteries, future utility and so on. I personally would like to read reliability reports from a good sample, on the road, before I invest 60 K in it...
Sponsored

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
I personally would like to read reliability reports from a good sample, on the road, before I invest 60 K in it...
Very true, I too would like to know more about the CT reliability before I purchase, that's why I waited a month before putting in my order, hoping that the truck would be out for a year, before my reservation comes up.

Last edited:

DARKFURY1

First Name
Chauncy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
A lot of real good information . Keep it going!!!

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Very true, I too would like to know more about the CT reliability before I purchase, that's why I waited a month before putting in my order, hoping that the truck would be out for a year, before my reservation comes up.
Me too. I waited about the same amount of time...about 2 weeks after they had 250,000 people in front of me. So bugs could be worked out, or if it was not the dream I am thinking I can pull my ante off the table after looking at my hold cards.

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey, at my age, If the CT is moderately reliable, my kids will inherit it. Also, it'll be fully depreciated against the family business taxes in the meantime! What a novel thought!

Txcybertruck

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Roofing
Country flag
While of course it's best to pay cash for a car, that's not the way most people are able to buy a new car and not really helpful to most middle income persons.

Buying a new car that cost $50,000 is the average yearly salary in America. It is very hard to drop an entire year's wages on a new vehicle.

IMO - Better advice would be to try and get the loan interest as low as possible. Try and save up as much as you can over the next few years and put a large down payment on the CT. Finally, try and pay more each moth, or if you get paid every two weeks, make half the payment every pay check. This will pay off the loan early.
Always better to pay cash for things that appreciate and finance as cheap as possible things that depreciate like cars

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
"Always better to pay cash for things that appreciate and finance as cheap as possible things that depreciate like cars"

Believe it or not, the CT might not depreciate much due to software updates, fsd, durability, million mile battery tech, camper mode, solar, SS. and on. It's definitely worth the cash.

keyhere

First Name
Key
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic, KLX250S
Occupation
EE
Country flag
"Always better to pay cash for things that appreciate and finance as cheap as possible things that depreciate like cars"

Believe it or not, the CT might not depreciate much due to software updates, fsd, durability, million mile battery tech, camper mode, solar, SS. and on. It's definitely worth the cash.
I was actually pretty skeptical about Tesla's holding their resale values but they've shown similar numbers to Tacomas, which is incredible.

Cyberfuturist

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 ford f-350, ford fusion hybrid
Country flag
I put my money in the stock, hopefully in three years it will increase enough to pay for the CT in full. Having said that, it is a risk, as with any stock, but if you expect the CT to be out in 3 years, it is highly likely the stock will be much higher than it is now.
I'm doing the same thing. c'mon stocks, make me some Cybertruck money!

Stratosurfer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Hybrid, Honda Pilot, 98 2500 Suburban 2500
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I’m an Independent Financial Advisor. The best scenario is to always pay cash for everything. This is not possible for most folks on home ownership, yet debt on a smallish, appreciating home is good debt. Debt on -any- vehicle that depreciates (will CT?: certainly it must) unless used in a business daily is not good debt. I will actually use mine in my business as I will commute between distant remote offices I have. Nonetheless I have the cash at this stage and will pay cash. If I didn’t, I would save the cash. Being debt free at my age (59) should be a financial goal for all, no matter where you start out. The CT I receive at age 62 or 63 might last me virtually the rest of my life and that’s exciting. My 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid with 148K miles is tasked to get me to CT’s arrival, probably have 225K miles on the Cmax by then. BTW, I like the strategy to put money into TSLA now for purchase of CT when available.

Last edited:

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Debt on -any- vehicle that depreciates (will CT?: certainly it must) unless used in a business daily is not good debt.
The criterion is not depreciation or business use. It is the existence or not of another investment that has an ROI greater than the cost of carrying the debt. Debt, properly used, is a tool which has made fortunes. But, of course, improperly used, it has lost them. I don't like it,

KingBee74

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I put my money in the stock, hopefully in three years it will increase enough to pay for the CT in full. Having said that, it is a risk, as with any stock, but if you expect the CT to be out in 3 years, it is highly likely the stock will be much higher than it is now.
I started buying stock 2 yrs ago. I am there!

roncruiser

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1994 80 Series Land Cruiser, 2002 100 Series Lexus LX450, 2005 Lexus IS300
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Think carefully about 5 or 6 year car loans. 1. They have your title. 2. Payment on a $ 50 K loan is not a breeze. 3. However, saving for it makes it yours - immediately. I'm saving cash for mine cause it won't be built likely till 2022 or 2023...
Yup, paying all cash here too. There's lots of time to save.

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m an Independent Financial Advisor. The best scenario is to always pay cash for everything. This is not possible for most folks on home ownership, yet debt on a smallish, appreciating home is good debt. Debt on -any- vehicle that depreciates (will CT?: certainly it must) unless used in a business daily is not good debt. I will actually use mine in my business as I will commute between distant remote offices I have. Nonetheless I have the cash at this stage and will pay cash. If I didn’t, I would save the cash. Being debt free at my age (59) should be a financial goal for all, no matter where you start out. The CT I receive at age 62 or 63 might last me virtually the rest of my life and that’s exciting. My 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid with 148K miles is tasked to get me to CT’s arrival, probably have 225K miles on the Cmax by then. BTW, I like the strategy to put money into TSLA now for purchase of CT when available.
If you'd put 60 K on TSLA in January, you'd be able to buy an model S, a model Y (for the spouse) and still have a good pile saved for your CToy!
Sponsored