Cybertruck insurance with a bullet resistant body?

cyberpays

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Website
northviewhomeowner.wixsite.com
Vehicles
CT Duel 69 vette all original(for sale)2019 RAM PU
Occupation
Retire software/life safety sales
Country flag
Electric trucks will be a great way to save money on fuel cost for the very 1st time a truck can be up to a 3rd of the price of normal ice truck to operate....but here is my issue...
Will the cybertruck get a break on insurance with its body and Windows best in class not to be replaced in a minor crash..or will the insurance be the same pricey surprise as other new electric vehicles reducing the advantage of fuel savings?
Sponsored

Faffle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul ev
Country flag
Sure why no give you a credit. Oh, and then they will say it cost more to repair. Bottom line, you hand over more money every time.

TessP100D

Banned
Banned
First Name
Faris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 P100D
Country flag
It’s is my experience that Tesla vehicles cost more to insure and way more to repair.

OP
OP
cyberpays

cyberpays

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Yeah trying to get ahold of Tesla CA insurance prices to get an ideal...will share once I received something concrete!

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Sure why no give you a credit. Oh, and then they will say it cost more to repair. Bottom line, you hand over more money every time.
How is your experience with Soul EV? It sounds like a very sensible choice.

Faffle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul ev
Country flag
How is your experience with Soul EV? It sounds like a very sensible choice.
It's an awesome car but has one issue, range. Mine is a 2015, had 95 miles range when i got it. I didn't know how to treat a battery, charged it 100%, traveled at 75 mph and fast charged it on really hot days. The battery warranty is better than Tesla, full replacement free of charge for any owner if less than 70% soh for 10 years. Had mine replaced summer 2020. I treat the new battery better and the car is like new.

In todays market i'd buy it again if it had 300+ miles of range with solar on the roof. As it is the ct dual or tri motor is most appealing to me.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
It's an awesome car but has one issue, range. Mine is a 2015, had 95 miles range when i got it. I didn't know how to treat a battery, charged it 100%, traveled at 75 mph and fast charged it on really hot days. The battery warranty is better than Tesla, full replacement free of charge for any owner if less than 70% soh for 10 years. Had mine replaced summer 2020. I treat the new battery better and the car is like new.

In today's market i'd buy it again if it had 300+ miles of range with solar on the roof. As it is the ct dual or tri motor is most appealing to me.
I rented an ICE version in Maine for a week and I was shocked by how much I liked it. As a daily driver, it did everything we needed it to do admirably. Simply put, it was just fun to get around with it. EV version is probably even more fun. I need CT as all around vehicle for me but we need something with a more reasonable size my wife can drive as replacement for her ICE. Thanks for the helpful insight.

OP
OP
cyberpays

cyberpays

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Sold his soul to the devil for a ice truck like my Ram...great truck need to make them like the 2022 jeep wrangler plug in hybrid 50 mpg avg 22 mls on battery plug in!

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Electric trucks will be a great way to save money on fuel cost for the very 1st time a truck can be up to a 3rd of the price of normal ice truck to operate....but here is my issue...
Will the cybertruck get a break on insurance with its body and Windows best in class not to be replaced in a minor crash..or will the insurance be the same pricey surprise as other new electric vehicles reducing the advantage of fuel savings?
BULLET AND HAIL resistant, to be clear. When I said there's room for improvement, you have no idea how much better it is.
Sponsored