Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MY Dual Motor, CT Dual Motor preordered
Occupation
Test Engineer
Country flag
Don't get me wrong. I love the minimalist interiors of the current Models 3 and Y, but this thing doesn't even have a glove box. Is a vehicle even a vehicle if it doesn't have a glove box? Where do you put your gloves?!?!?!?!?

All jokes aside, I do hope there is at least as much "driver accessible" storage in the CT as Tesla offers in its current vehicles. I have posted in the "interior options" thread a bit and I know there will be cup holders and a cubby in the back of the front-middle seat when folded down, but I will be a little disappointed if I have to charge my phone in the vault where the cyberquad is charged... I am firmly in the 5-seat interior option camp (you know... 2 bucket seats and a legit center console).

I think the current pics of the CT interior have one-upped the "minimalist" interior of the Models 3 and Y and could be considered "sparse". Not cancelling my preorder though! This thing is amazing!
Sponsored

m.delmed129

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, LR, DM, FSD. Cybertruck Res.
Country flag
Don't get me wrong. I love the minimalist interiors of the current Models 3 and Y, but this thing doesn't even have a glove box. Is a vehicle even a vehicle if it doesn't have a glove box? Where do you put your gloves?!?!?!?!?

All jokes aside, I do hope there is at least as much "driver accessible" storage in the CT as Tesla offers in its current vehicles. I have posted in the "interior options" thread a bit and I know there will be cup holders and a cubby in the back of the front-middle seat when folded down, but I will be a little disappointed if I have to charge my phone in the vault where the cyberquad is charged... I am firmly in the 5-seat interior option camp (you know... 2 bucket seats and a legit center console).

I think the current pics of the CT interior have one-upped the "minimalist" interior of the Models 3 and Y and could be considered "sparse". Not cancelling my preorder though! This thing is amazing!
I’m feeling like there will be wireless charging either in the center console, or a flip down tray below the screen, similar to where the Model 3 and Model Y have their charging now.

I would also be in the 5 seat, true center console camp. I will be happy with it regardless of that though.

mrbulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D
Country flag
All I want to know is why can't drivers have their Own glove box on Their side? Originally meant for "driving gloves", after all...

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Harder to pull a gun out quickly?

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag

Lol, why do you think it would not have a glove box?

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Same reason Frank Lloyd Wright designed houses with inadequate closet space. Form over function.
I agree with you about FLW. However the Cybertruck is almost entirely function over form. I mean, look at it lol.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Same reason Frank Lloyd Wright designed houses with inadequate closet space. Form over function.
Except that FLW espoused the opposite, Form Follows Function.

From what I’ve read, more likely he sought to control/dictate how much stuff you should have. ?

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Except that FLW espoused the opposite, Form Follows Function.

From what I’ve read, more likely he sought to control/dictate how much stuff you should have. ?
Yep, his workers even had uniforms they had to wear everyday.

Bud

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Like simplicity but No reason to waste given space.

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
I just watched another video from reveal night. The motor1.com ride video gives some good views of the dash and I can clearly see the hvac is very similar to the m3 For the front seat passengers. It is one long slit. The black dash that starts out against the windshield as it meets the marbled paper dash is taller than the marbled paper creating the channel or slit for the ac vent just like the m3. I do hope they have rear vents though. i have a buddy with a Chevy 2500 and the fact it doesn’t have rear vents is a huge design mistake. My Ram 2500 is way more comfortable for rear passengers when it comes to keeping cool. I’m going to go look at more interior images and videos to see if it does have rear vents. I guess the museum exhibit might shed some light as well over the next week.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
I just watched another video from reveal night. The motor1.com ride video gives some good views of the dash and I can clearly see the hvac is very similar to the m3 For the front seat passengers. It is one long slit. The black dash that starts out against the windshield as it meets the marbled paper dash is taller than the marbled paper creating the channel or slit for the ac vent just like the m3. I do hope they have rear vents though. i have a buddy with a Chevy 2500 and the fact it doesn’t have rear vents is a huge design mistake. My Ram 2500 is way more comfortable for rear passengers when it comes to keeping cool. I’m going to go look at more interior images and videos to see if it does have rear vents. I guess the museum exhibit might shed some light as well over the next week.
I will be heading down with my wife in our M3 LR AWD FSD to see. ? I will try my best to get in and take a peek?now, I’m going to look closer? cuz what you bring up is a MAJOR point. ?

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
I just found a video which got a good view of the back of the middle seat. No vents that I could see there but it’s pretty hard to tell black on black and this is just a prototype. Please do report back if you are able to see the interior.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Interior Compared to Competitors (Sandy Munro Series) EBE2E305-AF17-4751-B9A1-C3DDBF4EAAA6
Sponsored