Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
what did Elon say recently about pricing and demand? Also, there are many Tesla fans who invested in Tesla years ago and thought that they could afford the CT when TSLA was going to the moon. 2022-2023 are probably bad years for tech stocks but Teslanaires will probably end up with more modest results in the long run and this will impact reservation holders.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Is anyone certain 7k FSD option was locked in? The original pricing, configurations and specs are different.
It would be a criminal violation in the state of California to not honor the FSD price, as they said it and posted it on their web page.

-Crissa

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
It would be a criminal violation in the state of California to not honor the FSD price, as they said it and posted it on their web page.

-Crissa
Perhaps. I would expect some some legal loophole like "prices subject to change at time of purchase".
They did take down the configurations and prices and Tesla could argue that the vehicle being offered next year is different than what was shown years ago.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Perhaps. I would expect some some legal loophole like "prices subject to change at time of purchase".
They did take down the configurations and prices and Tesla could argue that the vehicle being offered next year is different than what was shown years ago.
Tesla already said "prices subject to change at time of purchase" for the Cybertruck itself.

Tesla also explicitly said price of FSD would be fixed price based on price of FSD on date of each Cybertruck reservation. Regarding price of FSD for Cybertruck reservation holders, that seems like the opposite of a loophole.

Last edited:

foxmaster7!

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
15k for FSD that isn't FSD with no guarantee it will ever be fully FSD. The hardware comes with the CT and if they ever achieve FSD then you can purchase it whenever.
When most of us put our $100 down we may have thought that the FSD price at the time was locked in but I doubt Tesla will honor that.
$40k CT is probably not going to happen.
Remember that much of the projected pricing for the CT occured when the 4680 was promising at a reduced cost and Tesla is struggling to make these batteries.
Thanks so much for the overview - helps a lot!

Mdub

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy 1500 Silverado
Occupation
Construction PM
Country flag

-Crissa
I edited my reservation to add FSD at $8000 before it was about to go up. Im confident after I did that it was locked in because it listed the cost of FSD. If you reserved it and check FSD, I would be confident you will get FSD at the price you reserved your CyberTruck. For now, we wait and see for the first people to review this for us. Will I pay for FSD at current market price? Probably.

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Isn’t legalized FSD 10-15++ years away?

At that rate, I’d rather put my money in an index fund and take my chances,
don’t like funding others development.