JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Yes, except the front-facing FSD cameras are at the top-center of the windshield.
Yep but they are located further down the windscreen in view of the driver behind the rear view mirror, and well within range of the wiper sweep.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Makes Appearance @ Cyber Rodeo! {filename}

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Amazing… all this time I thought the windscreen was at least 20% wider than the height.
The structure tapers in and there's a trim. For reference, length of windscreen in blue :

The wiper is offset a bit to the side, and slightly raised off the bottom. We also have heavy? Tint across the top. The current path could well fully wipe without needing to extend.
Sorry I shouldn't be so blunt as I have an unfair advantage when it comes to CT geometry in the form of a 3D CAD model I drew from scratch. :)

Where did you source that drawing from btw, it looks like the sidewalls are curved as the thickness of the plastic wheel arches vary from side to side.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Sorry I shouldn't be so blunt as I have an unfair advantage when it comes to CT geometry in the form of a 3D CAD model I drew from scratch. :)

Where did you source that drawing from btw, it looks like the sidewalls are curved as the thickness of the plastic wheel arches vary from side to side.

Google is my fiend

https://www.dimensions.com/element/tesla-cybertruck

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Hmm strange that they have that curve...
Follow the black line

Not only do they have the curve , but also has a bulge in the middle.

They would have had to draw it in, likely artistic license

The 2nd pic rear perspective is straight.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Makes Appearance @ Cyber Rodeo! 1649662856726

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Makes Appearance @ Cyber Rodeo! 1649662896597

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Follow the black line

Not only do they have the curve , but also has a bulge in the middle.

They would have had to draw it in, likely artistic license

The 2nd pic rear perspective is straight.

Design wise this would actually make sense to do, in that it would help aerodynamics and reduce arears of the vehicle that don't need the width, outside of the passenger area. But for the life of me I have not noticed it in real life from any of the CT photos I've seen.

So now, thanks to you, I'm looking to find some evidence of this curve. Nothing so far. :-/
I'm surprised that they drew it in at all.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Ok I figured it out what is happening.

From the side it's all curved and bulges.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Makes Appearance @ Cyber Rodeo! Cybertruck Nose and Frunk Curve.PNG

And then the same camera and same location and same CT 10 seconds later it's all straight.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Makes Appearance @ Cyber Rodeo! Cybertruck Front Straight.PNG

So it has to be interdimensional, it's simply so fundamentally awesome it's warping time and space around it and is whatever you want it to be!!! o_O🤯

I got the screen grabs above from this video below. Btw I believe this one is a flat windscreen and frunk hood, but because the front grill and bumper is curved, it looks like it curves the frunk and windscreen. If you cover up the grill with your hand the curve effect on the frunk disappears and becomes straight.

I've packed a straight edge and my laser level, booked a flight to Austin for tonight, who can smuggle me in to Giga Texas to measure this thing up?

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Two small tidbits I noticed on closer watch of the best video I've seen yet of the truck.

1. the ports in the side wall that people were hypothesizing were hvac ports for the vault are in fact strap/tie down points.

and
2. there is a plate light over the rear plate in the base of the tailgate above the plate that points down and illuminates the license plate. As seen below this is daylight/bright lighting with the sun coming from the complete front of the vehicle, and yet there is lighting on that plate nook. Since we do not see any lighting points on the bumber sides of that nook.. logically, the bottom of the tailgate at that point is probably a light bar similar to the rear lighting facing backwards. This is separate from the two yellow lights on either side of the plate mounting point.. which I assume are backup lights or additional turn signals?

Sure they are obscure and relatively unexciting features... but this is the stuff I am interested in seeing.. functionality that means they are making progress on finishing the design for production quality vehicle.
That's the first time I have seen the tie down up on the sail they used to be lower on the side wall. I don't see why it can't be both a tie down and an HVAC port.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
So it has to be interdimensional, it's simply so fundamentally awesome it's warping time and space around it and is whatever you want it to be!!! o_O🤯
Nit so much in this thread, but people keep trying to use every rough measuring to come up with dimensions and it usually comes out with weird numbers.

The slopes and angles and curves are subtle and have weird effects on perspective. It is a rolling optical illusion.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Nit so much in this thread, but people keep trying to use every rough measuring to come up with dimensions and it usually comes out with weird numbers.

The slopes and angles and curves are subtle and have weird effects on perspective. It is a rolling optical illusion.
It's almost like looking into a black hole and seeing something.

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Did anyone notice that the side sail openings appear to be gone from this version? It's solid metal from the vault cover to the wheels, no seam for the sail to open.
Sponsored