Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
Yep, Great way to do a selfie, back in the day. I had one of my ole VW bus. I always wondered how many times they got rear-ended by us idiots following too close, trying to get a photo. :ROFLMAO: Edit: I found the photo. Not very good, of course it's from about 40 years ago. Should have gotten closer! ?

gastruck.jpg
How many megapixels was the camera?

?
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

?
LOL

based on the coloring I’m guessing it is 0 pixels.

Listen up boys and girls. Cameras used to take pictures on a plastic roll that had to be taken to a completely dark room to be chemically treated in order to get the picture taken to stay visible on the plastic. Then that plastic picture had to be transferred onto a special piece f paper that also could not see any light till after the picture had been transferred and chemically set. This would often involve dropping your plastic roll at a business and then coming back to pick up your pictures at least 24 hours later.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Maybe some flat hubcaps to match the rest of the truck, if not then I'll know which one is mine when I summon it.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
LOL

based on the coloring I’m guessing it is 0 pixels.

Listen up boys and girls. Cameras used to take pictures on a plastic roll that had to be taken to a completely dark room to be chemically treated in order to get the picture taken to stay visible on the plastic. Then that plastic picture had to be transferred onto a special piece f paper that also could not see any light till after the picture had been transferred and chemically set. This would often involve dropping your plastic roll at a business and then coming back to pick up your pictures at least 24 hours later.
Yep no pixels just chemicals, in one of these.:)
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck-Making it uniquely yours. fotomat

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I always wondered how many times they got rear-ended by us idiots following too close, trying to get a photo.
Do we think this will be an issue for us when we get our CT's?

If I remember correctly, dad's old camera had 35mm worth of pixels. (Am I doing that right?)

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I always wondered how many times they got rear-ended by us idiots following too close, trying to get a photo.
Do we think this will be an issue for us when we get our CT's?
Probably not unless you polish your CT to a shine. Plus in the prototype, there seemed to be an outward angle to the tailgate so I doubt the reflection would be visible until one was essentially touching your CT.

If I remember correctly, dad's old camera had 35mm worth of pixels. (Am I doing that right?)
Well, the 35mm part is right. But the old cameras didn't use pixels. They used a chemical process based on chemical grains or dye clouds. Different sized grains would produce different levels of sharpness. Because this was an analog chemical based medium, the grains were basically randomly placed instead of in strict rows and columns of a pixel based image. This difference has all sorts of side effects but unless someone really wants to learn about it, the majority of film cameras are no longer used or applicable to our lives.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
A 35mm camera still has greater resolution than most digital cameras. This depends upon the film stock, of course, but film has some very important differences.

Modern cameras are very, very good, and practically in every way superior.
But... https://thedarkroom.com/film-vs-digital-comparison/

(Their comparison images aren't right since they didn't use a UV filter for the digital camera but chose a film stock that is already more sensitive to greens and yellows.)

-Crissa

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
A 35mm camera still has greater resolution than most digital cameras. This depends upon the film stock, of course, but film has some very important differences.

Modern cameras are very, very good, and practically in every way superior.
But... https://thedarkroom.com/film-vs-digital-comparison/

(Their comparison images aren't right since they didn't use a UV filter for the digital camera but chose a film stock that is already more sensitive to greens and yellows.)

-Crissa
I'm not going to argue which is better. Looking at the comparison picture on the site you gave though, something is fishy. The description on the site says:

While in Eastern Sierra Nevada, we shot two photos, one film and the other digital. Both the digital photo and the film photo were taken with the same settings. The left image was captured on Velvia 50, taken with a Canon EOS 3, a 50mm lens at f/4. The photo on the right was taken with a full-frame Canon 6D with 50mm, 100 iso, and f/4. Both images are unedited.
But looking at the pictures, the mountains do not have the same shape. The left one has a smaller peak just behind on the left. The right one has a whole extra "glacier" on the right side of the peak with a second mountain in front to the right. It would be so much better of a comparison if the photos were of the exact same mountain from the exact same view point at the exact same time.

Photo in question is this one.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck-Making it uniquely yours. Photo-Comparison-Film-vs-Digital-1-1