Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
PRO-TO-TYPE PEOPLE! This is not meant to have everything on it, nor is it meant to be perfectly crafted. In design school when we would have a building idea there would be 30-40 "Study" models crafted before the final model, each better than the last. We do the same thing in the real world. Many different 3D models in "Schematic Design". This process allowed Tesla to see the truck might be too big, so they attempted to scale it back and decided that wouldn't do. I can almost Guarantee there is a full scale, "reduced size" CT clay model sitting in the design studio. They potentially could have even built a full scale non running prototype.
Sponsored

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
That is what i like! I wanna get a real, brutal, roughy CT! That is why I ordered it! I do not need smoothy curved finish. It is a truck for a Real Man!
Real men can have nice stuff...

SpaceDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Kia Sportage PHEV... 2025+ GMC Denali EV
Occupation
Space Cowboy
Country flag
I can see only one issue is a water and freeze. If water goes in and then freezes it would be pain in ass to open/close tailgate or roll-cover without remote control from phone or central screen
The buttons don't really even need to depress, as they may be touch sensitive, like a phone screen. So no where for water or debris to even get in.

I think there was a demo video posted a month or so ago of the retraction of the bed cover that might provide a close up of the button action.

SpaceDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Space Cowboy
Country flag
I noticed on camera below the front bumper, one below a rear bumper, 2 cameras on the back where license plate, and one above license plate, and 2 cameras on the wheel flares. Will try to attach pictures, if I figure how to do that

6 cameras total
Cool pics. Thanks. Cameras on fender flares seems like a bad idea as they will be prone to damage if you do any off-roading at all. But I guess it's more of a pain to punch out the metal to put a camera in, and would mess up the smooth line of the body.

SpaceDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Space Cowboy
Country flag
One thing that seems pretty clear from the pics. The tires that are currently sported by the prototype are not what will go on the production model. The ones on the prototype are clearly marked "not for highway use".

I would advocate a rugged terrain tire (aka hybrid terrain) as an option. I love my nitto ridge grapplers. They have the bold styling and mud lugs on the outer portions, but a middle section that is great for on-road performance and less sound. They have lasted well for me. Several brands make this style tire and I feel that the CT would be well paired with a set of these in looks, on and off road performance and range. For those that don't know what a rugged terrain tire is, link below.
https://www.discounttire.com/blog/rugged-terrain-tires
I always had great performance on and off-road with these BigO ATs on my 4Runner... https://www.bigotires.com/tires/line/big-o/big-foot-at-nt/prod4791805

Had the Bridgestone Revo ATs also, but the performance of those drops off dramatically as they wear.
Sponsored