QuanTim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Are those headlights bright enough do you think? I love the headlights on my Y so we know Tesla know how to do good lights. But when that Rivian R1S drove by, it’s headlights looked much brighter than the Cybertruck.. also would the placement of them be too prone to getting lots of mud stuck in that gap? I trust they’ve thought of all this, just got me wondering what the fully finished article will be like and whether there’s a hidden washer.

I also think they missed a trick with the corner of the light bar being the amber indicator (where it’s switches from white to blinking amber before turning back to white again).

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
That turn that Franz makes after waiting for all those Tesla's to go by in the parking garage is truly amazing.

I can't believe within 4 to 9 months a lot of us will be driving that epic SS masterpiece.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
5 comments

1. Hubcaps do not have access to the valve stems
2. Rivian truck parks like an ass in that compact spot
3. Cybertruck will be fun to park in a tight parking structure. Did not see this example with 4 wheel steering. I may be blind
4. Towards end of video, Rivian SUV trolled in front of CT while waiting to turn
5. Franz is a typical truck driver, parking anywhere.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
5 comments

1. Hubcaps do not have access to the valve stems
2. Rivian truck parks like an ass in that compact spot
3. Cybertruck will be fun to park in a tight parking structure. Did not see this example with 4 wheel steering. I may be blind
4. Towards end of video, Rivian SUV trolled in front of CT while waiting to turn
5. Franz is a typical truck driver, parking anywhere.
Here may be the best image of 4WS you'll get.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Walkaround in 4K From Petersen 1688334236815

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Are the tires different? Are they in mass production now? They almost look like they have a stepped shoulder, so the road contact is not extreme, but if you sink a little in mud/sand/snow you quickly gain surface area. Also the gap between the hubcap and sidewall looks problematic.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I’ve seen the 4ws in other videos. Tired eyes today is my lame excuse

ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
Everyone catch the almost side by side look between Cybertruck and the Rivians? Both R1T and R1S appear in the video.

Rivian R1T look:

Rivian R1S look:

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Everyone catch the almost side by side look between Cybertruck and the Rivians? Both R1T and R1S appear in the video.

Rivian R1T look:

Rivian R1S look:

Just watching it drive down the garage was great for me. Compare it to many different cars!

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
We were just at the Peterson last Wednesday... missed it by that much. :cry:

I do wonder if it was an open event or invitation only. Had I been there it would have not had a chance with my 12ft selfie stick. Grateful for the footage of the latest version though.

I also made a whole bunch of pictures and videos with cameras and 360 camera of the original prototype, despite being told a few times that I couldn't use an "extended" selfie stick, I did manage to get some extra shots from higher up, being 6'6 myself helped. Lots of nice other cars there, so well worth the visit. Back in Oz now, so I'll be going over the footage over the next few weeks, managed to shoot 3TB of video and photos on our USA trip, despite limiting clips to under 1-2 minutes, so a lot of footage to go through. :oops:

I also tried to get some bed measurements by leaning over the bed with my laser distance meter while the attendant wasn't looking, but my results were inconclusive because the reflectivity of the stainless proved difficult to measure from with the laser, as did the proximity to the sidewall because I couldn't reach in further. We spent a few hours with the prototype CT whilst going through some accessory designs using it as a model. Was fun.

One of the things that most people seem to miss when doing photos and videos is getting perpendicular shots of the ends on the sides, from those you can see how curved the sidewalls of the CT are. Some for the front hood and grill, it might "look" square, but it's not, it's actually very curved, it just has sharp edges.

On the video above you can also see the air curtain ducts in the sides of the front bumper now. They weren't that visible in previous videos.