Deleted member 5322

As I can see the assembly quality is still bad. Very bad! Is it only I noticed missed screws on the bottom where the battery is? Wheel sound protection is displaced. I think I will wait for at least 6 months after delivery starts. I feel the first one's will have so many problems as well as Model Y
Sponsored

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
As I can see the assembly quality is still bad. Very bad! Is it only I noticed missed screws on the bottom where the battery is? Wheel sound protection is displaced. I think I will wait for at least 6 months after delivery starts. I feel the first one's will have so many problems as well as Model Y
Engineering PROTOTYPE....

Danny141

Banned
Banned
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Electrical Engineers
Country flag
Damn... I have always said that the moment people get to see this beast in person on the street, they are going to regret not putting in orders earlier.

Seeing these pictures makes me appreciate my mini Cybertruck even more

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] Cybermini_1 2.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] Cybermini_4.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] Cybermini_2.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] cyberMini.JPG

Deleted member 5322

Engineering PROTOTYPE....
What about Model Y? Still prototype? It is common Tesla problem - quality control... Will be there on Wednesday, I hope it is worth of 6 hours driving one way to see it in person.

Danny141

Banned
Banned
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Electrical Engineers
Country flag
Rough translation;

The first impression leaves me quite disappointed I think I will return my option to purchase .... Poorly resolved sheet metal folds for a sample ... what is expected for production?
If anything, I think the production version is going to be worse, building a one-off prototype should be easier than mass production

RabidRedRabbit

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Dual Motor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Magnets do not stick to 30X stainless steel.
Though 300 series stainless steel is austinitic after being formed, after cold working many 300 series SS, such as 304, do become magnetic. So there is a good chance these cold rolled sheets that are subject to press breaks to form into an exoskeleton will be magnetic

Edit: Phone typos

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
If anything, I think the production version is going to be worse, building a one-off prototype should be easier than mass production
Not if you had 2 weeks to build it. The first prototype didn't have all the bells and whistles that the production one is supposed to. I also have a theory that only Fremont has QC issues. Last time I checked the model 3 in China was beautiful. Fremont wasn't designed by Tesla so they have to deal with the shortcomings (paint shop for example) We'll see when model y is done in Berlin and ultimately giga(Texas/Tulsa). I recommend looking at the production line for the 3 in both Fremont and Shanghai. I believe it was in their q4 earnings report. When Tesla has the resources; time/money/production elsewhere, they should rebuild or just leave Fremont.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Question. did they polish the stainless? it looks more shiny, reflective, and smooth than before.

cybrnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBRTRCK
Country flag
I think we should take in count that this is an early engineering/display prototype.
If i'm not totally wrong this prototype was made with a frame and not the exoskeleton, so the underside and suspension might very well be different on the final production modell.
Elon has also said that it might have a different sideline with larger windows, be both 3 and 5% smaller before he changed his mind and wanted to keep it at original size.
If the final Cybertruck will look like this I will be perfectly happy, if they make minor changes i trust Elon and Franz that they will only make it better.
Just can't wait to get my Cybertruck it will be amazing:love:

JeffnReno

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y LR with tow package
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Great pictures but leaves plenty of questions. Wheel/tire size, windshield wipers, frunk size, side fender storage space, etc.? We have so much to look forward to while waiting.

Ciber eab

First Name
Eugenio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Rough translation;

The first impression leaves me quite disappointed I think I will return my option to purchase .... Poorly resolved sheet metal folds for a sample ... what is expected for production?
Thanks for translate!!!!!

TalSet

First Name
Rudi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR from Germany
Occupation
Self Employee / PV Cleaning
Country flag
The front looks really scratched. Or is that just typical steel brush?

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] la-cybertruck-petersen-museum-ea-isv8waaa2x6d-jpe

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Does not change my mind yet, still want it, alignment issues and all.

How long will the CT be on display here?

If they can display this CyberTruck here, does that mean they have a new prototype that they are using for testing?

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
I believe just for one week. Until the 26th
Sponsored