Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor CT, '06 Ford F250 Super Duty, '18 Model 3 Dual Motor, '08 Subaru STI
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
These are easily removable hubs for aerodynamic efficiency. Similar to the Model 3, there are actually very attractive alloy wheels underneath.

You can actually see a glimpse of the exposed wheels in this video.

I think they look great and would love to see someone mock up what these will look like on the truck!
Yes, that's just a wheel cover. Here's a look at what's speculated to be the wheel design underneath the cover.

From: https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...-wheels-on-cybertruck-in-workshop-studio.158/
While the aero hubs on my M3 looked a lot better in person, and I actually got a lot of compliments on them, I eventually took them off and now rock the dark grey alloy wheels that are underneath.

I think the CT aero hubs may have a similar effect. Unique and better in person. That said, I think these exposed wheels look great and would love to see someone mock up what these will look like better on the truck!
Sponsored

mrazndead1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Country flag
here are some pictures I took with my phone. Just got back to nor cal. 5 hour drive back....

bottom line is, save your money for a down payment or cash out this truck 'cuz it's bad ass.... a beast I can't wait to drive it, and say bye bye to your typical truck in the near future.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_134744

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_134940

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_135107

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_135223

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_135412

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_142000

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_145527

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_145800

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Tesla took a huge gamble with the radical design but the buying public have spoken. It’s a huge hit with an estimated 700k plus reservations so far. Demand will outstrip supply for the first 3-4 years of production. Once the general public sees this futuristic truck in on the road Cybertruck orders will really start to pour in.

Last edited:

LyleC

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Discovery 2, Tesla MIC Model 3.
Country flag
Great to see fresh pictures in good light.
I notice that the front panel below the bonnet (hood) and lights has a slight curve.
That would mean this panel is probably rolled to form this curve and the narrow panel sections at the top and bottom of this would have to be welded on. So this welded edge looks very clean and smooth.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
After seeing the truck in person I had a reoccurring thought. How does Tesla plan to procure the vast amount of 3mm thick stainless steel sheets that will be required to meet daily production goals. Find a local supplier? Purchase an existing steel factory? Build a factory from scratch and manufacture it themselves to help control production and costs?

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] 53814F6B-5A73-4DA3-88EA-2788B057347B

Last edited:

LyleC

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Discovery 2, Tesla MIC Model 3.
Country flag
I am disappointed to see that the tow hitch receiver has what I call a high 'plough' factor.
Ahh.. that's 'plow' factor for those that drive on the other side of the road. ;)

With Telsa's great design capability I had hoped for a tow hitch that preserved the departure angle.
I know that when towing the tow hitch and ball will reduce the departure angle, but I suspect anyone who will do some towing will leave the hitch receiver on (that's the whole idea of the removable hitch of course).

Toyota and Ford manage to offer low or zero 'plough' factor hitch receivers, and after market ones improve the LR4 options too.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] CT tow hitch3

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] CT tow hitch2

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] D4 plough

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] D4 tow hitch high mount

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] Hitch-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-2015-6-18-15

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] Everest tow hitch

TroyK

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
pre order cybertruk
Occupation
Machinist
Country flag
Damn... I have always said that the moment people get to see this beast in person on the street, they are going to regret not putting in orders earlier.

Seeing these pictures makes me appreciate my mini Cybertruck even more

Cybermini_1 2.JPG

Cybermini_4.JPG

Cybermini_2.JPG

cyberMini.JPG
where did you get this

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Well here it is guys. First thing they told me to do is not touch it, but as you can see certain things just can't be helped. I touched the cybertruck with my own hand. Wanna smell my fingers? Didn't think so. But I tell you what, Cybertruck is even more breathtaking and handsome in person. I don't know if Cybertruck will be touring the country in different Automotive museums (sure would be nice), but it's here all week. I had to drive two and a half hours each way to get here, but it was so worth it. Like, before, I was obsessed, now I'm mental about it. I tried attaching a 30-foot string line to my phone to take footage of the underneath, but the dickhead guard shut me down. 3 mm stainless looks amazing up close. This thing is an absolute Beast. The wheels come up pretty much to my hips, and I'm 6ft tall. Wife is now convinced.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] 20200621_161009

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] 20200621_160703

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] 20200621_160751

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] 20200621_155754

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] 20200621_161525

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] 20200621_161053

Attachments

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
La primera impresion me deja bastante desilucionado creo que devolveré mi opcion a compra....
Encuentros de plieges de chapa mal resueltos para una muestra.... que se espera para la producciĂłn?
Te compro tu numero en fila, arquitecto

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
Well here it is guys. First thing they told me to do is not touch it, but as you can see certain things just can't be helped. I touched the cybertruck with my own hand. Wanna smell my fingers? Didn't think so. But I tell you what, Cybertruck is even more breathtaking and handsome in person. I don't know if Cybertruck will be touring the country in different Automotive museums (sure would be nice), but it's here all week. I had to drive two and a half hours each way to get here, but it was so worth it. Like, before, I was obsessed, now I'm mental about it. I tried attaching a 30-foot string line to my phone to take footage of the underneath, but the dickhead guard shut me down. 3 mm stainless looks amazing up close. This thing is an absolute Beast. The wheels come up pretty much to my hips, and I'm 6ft tall. Wife is now convinced.

20200621_161009.jpg

20200621_160703.jpg

20200621_160751.jpg

20200621_155754.jpg

20200621_161525.jpg

20200621_161053.jpg
I dig your dedication. Thank you for the pics.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I am disappointed to see that the tow hitch receiver has what I call a high 'plough' factor.
Ahh.. that's 'plow' factor for those that drive on the other side of the road. ;)

With Telsa's great design capability I had hoped for a tow hitch that preserved the departure angle.
I know that when towing the tow hitch and ball will reduce the departure angle, but I suspect anyone who will do some towing will leave the hitch receiver on (that's the whole idea of the removable hitch of course).

Toyota and Ford manage to offer low or zero 'plough' factor hitch receivers, and after market ones improve the LR4 options too.

Which brings to mind a question... How to handle the change in hitch height. Do you set the hitch for truck in low position to maximize aero?

Ryan95738

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
CNA
Country flag
Would be great to see the following:
  • Measure it or take a picture with an object of known size from the side and front
  • See if a magnet sticks to it
  • Try to open the charge door to see what is under there
I totally agree. Oh and pitch a 3 inch steel ball at the side window.
Sponsored