Cybertruck Production Per Year for X IDRA 9T at Giga Texas

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I agree with your pricing evaluation. I was saying ICE because the other BEV trucks will be priced higher than the ICE trucks. Though I completely agree about the functionality of the CT over ICE 'equivalents', it was Elon that benchmarked the price, power, size and weight (etc.) of the CT against the Ford F150, and of course Tesla doesn't want to displace other BEVs (just other ICE trucks).
It's not up to Tesla whether they displace other EV trucks or not because other EV trucks do not compete against Cybertruck, at least not in the next several years. That's because the truck market is still 99% ICE trucks. All an EV truck maker has to do is compete against the 99% of the market that is ICE.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Richard V.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yup, I will feel buuuurrrrrnnntttt

Every reservation holder should be able to buy at least their first Cybertruck at close to the orginal price.
My view is this: 5 years a 2.5% per year gives 12.5%. I would expect to pay the original price plus 12.5%. That is not counting for all the added functionalities that have been included along the development years. The four-motor option is wildly unpredictable to me.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
My view is this: 5 years a 2.5% per year gives 12.5%. I would expect to pay the original price plus 12.5%. That is not counting for all the added functionalities that have been included along the development years. The four-motor option is wildly unpredictable to me.
Wouldn't, if they were expecting to sell the trucks in five years at the same price, they'd have built that into the original price?

-Crissa
Sponsored