Cincycyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor, Boxster, F-150, Mini Cooper Roadster, Ford Explorer, Jeep Wrangler, Acura MDX, Cayenne.
Occupation
Health professional
Country flag
Double or triple motor? If that was a double can you imagine what the triple Beast will bring? Scarcity matters.
Sponsored

Beyond

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Austin Model Y LR, Subie Fozzie & Cybertruck day1
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
One YT channel hypothesized that this might have been bought by Porsche (via the dealer) for a teardown. Possible but just conjecture.

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
You have failed to cite a single relevant court case supporting your claims, yet you keep claiming these court rulings exist. It's pretty hard to take you seriously when you refuse to provide a shred of evidence supporting your rather odd claims. I cannot prove that these court cases don't exist, because I cannot prove a negative. Therefore, it's up to you to actually cite these court precedents that you feel are relevant.

I will take you seriously if you can cite one case that has similar facts.
I don't really give a rodentia's gluteus maximus if you are not taking me seriously. In fact, it will be a big mistake if anyone does.

But do your own research and ask your 5-year old niece to translate it for you if it goes over your cephalon.

Again and I repeat, Google is your friend and it's free.

Keyword, Ford GT and the judge allowing the sale despite Ford's restraining order.

Next time, do your own research, will yah! :p

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I don't really give a rodentia's gluteus maximus if you are not taking me seriously. In fact, it will be a big mistake if anyone does.

But do your own research and ask your 5-year old niece to translate it for you if it goes over your cephalon.

Again and I repeat, Google is your friend and it's free.

Keyword, Ford GT and the judge allowing the sale despite Ford's restraining order.

Next time, do your own research, will yah! :p
Is this what you are referring to?

The 2017 GT in question had been bought new by a private owner and quietly flipped to a dealer for a reported $1.1 million. The dealer then consigned the car to Mecum's Indianapolis auction where it sold for $1.8 million. Upon hearing of the car's availability at Mecum, Ford sought a court injunction to stop its sale, which was denied the evening prior to the car's auction date. The reasoning given was that the GT's owner and consigner had a legal right to sell the car as he had no such contract himself with Ford.

Ford failed to act upon the sale of the car to the first buyer in time, the only buyer that had signed the "no re-sale" clause. Of course, the judge is not going to expect parties who have not entered into agreement with Ford to uphold a clause they never signed!

If anything, searching for the Ford GT incident brings up a lot of stories supporting the fact that sales contracts with "no re-sale"restrictions attached are enforceable, as long as the buyer signs it. Your position makes no sense, that consenting adults cannot enter into contracts as they see fit. There is no support for your position.

But here's the bottom line:

Tesla's "no re-sale" restriction is performing very well at keeping the Cybertrucks flowing directly to end users- and preventing the chaos of the mass re-selling of Cybertrucks for a profit. If it were no enforcable, or if Tesla chose to not enforce it, you would see a lot of flipping going on.

So, cheers to that!

I could tell you didn't have a leg to stand on by the unseemly way you lashed out at me. That's what disreputable people do when they are caught red-handed purposefully spreading nonsense as fact.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Tesla just typed that clause in... But now they would have to get a Judge to render a judgement in their favor, then enforce it, all based on the laws of the State involved? Bet ownership been papered up and it's changed hands twice already through LLC's... Good luck.
Unrelated to the clause: It only applies to the first owner.

The clause just goes after the first owner for being dishonest with Tesla.

It's not about stopping the sale, so much as getting renumeration from the person defrauding Tesla.

-Crissa

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
Unrelated to the clause: It only applies to the first owner.

The clause just goes after the first owner for being dishonest with Tesla.

It's not about stopping the sale, so much as getting renumeration from the person defrauding Tesla.

-Crissa
Pray tell me how is this defrauding Tesla when they got paid in full?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I'm sorry, there seems to be terms they promised when they paid that amount.

That would be the fraud.

Why do people do that? Describe a crime but then leave out all the details of the crime?

"Oh, but Tesla got paid, what does it matter that the buyer lied?"

-Crissa

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Because the first buyer did NOT fully pay Tesla (full-fill contract ).

The Tesla contract is $100K +++++ non-cash consideration ( NO-resale for 12 months ).

Farmers in USA spend $100s millions to seed suppliers for seeds that when the resulting plant produces seeds the farmer can NOT legally use the new seeds. This type of common contract term has been around for decades.

Home Owner Associations ( HOAs ) have many non-cash restrictions.

Before the sale to the first buyer, Tesla 100% owned the product with all legal contract rights.
Tesla can sell anyway they want with any non-cash terms (both cash & non-cash) as long as Tesla does NOT discriminate by race/religion/etc, NO illegal non-cash items (illegal drugs, slavery, etc) and Tesla is NOT a monopolist acting in a monopolist way.

Last edited:

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
...please give it to Sandy...

ELECTRICNERD

First Name
ELECTRIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT AWD picked up 2/22 + MY 22 Dual-M in Driveway
Occupation
Comedy, Investments, other stuff.
Country flag
While I somewhat agree with your theory… The truth is that the waiting list is years long. I think any and all cybertrucks will hold there value until you are able to go from new order to delivery in 6 months or less.
This leads me to an interesting query, do we know the shortest Order to delivery time thus far?

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
Sandy already has one. There is also another one around metro detroit that is now in the hands of Ford. My son saw it a couple weeks ago. Came from someone in Texas. Would be very easy to enter into an agreement with an OEM and say pay in 12 months. Have a nice day.

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
This leads me to an interesting query, do we know the shortest Order to delivery time thus far?
Not sure that is a good number to want to quantify now. So variable based on all states not being open. I would thinks after the build out to servicing the truck is done at SC's we could get a better number on that ^

Maybe order to VIN assignment might be better. Throws out geography assuming all the SC's are trained.

Dee06812

First Name
Deirdre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S Plaid; Q7 S-Line; XKR100 convertible
Occupation
CEO Equipment OEM
Country flag
The first Cybertruck to be auctioned at Manheim sold for $244,000 to Porsche Orlando.

GHcidTzWUAArHFd.jpeg
And the winner of the auction is offering it for $289999.00
Sponsored