cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
For me it makes the difference between needing to hook up a trailer or not. I haul a lot of 10’ lumber.
hauling 10’ lumber is definitely truck stuff

Is the 7” difference between 5.5’ and 6’1” the difference between trailer or no trailer?

With either bed, aren’t you doing it with the tailgate down if you’re hauling “a lot” of 10’ lumber?

for a lot of other people who haul a lot of 10’ stock, aren’t they often having a rack or on any sized bed?

or an 8’ bed more ideally?

it just seems to me that for people who REALLY need to haul a lot of 10’ stock, the 7” between 5.5’ and 6’1” isn’t the make-or break

arguably they need an 8’ bed, a rack, or to still put their tailgate down in any event?

Almost Mars

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri motor Cybertruck on order, Model S Plaid
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
hauling 10’ lumber is definitely truck stuff

Is the 7” difference between 5.5’ and 6’1” the difference between trailer or no trailer?

With either bed, aren’t you doing it with the tailgate down if you’re hauling “a lot” of 10’ lumber?

for a lot of other people who haul a lot of 10’ stock, aren’t they often having a rack or on any sized bed?

or an 8’ bed more ideally?

it just seems to me that for people who REALLY need to haul a lot of 10’ stock, the 7” between 5.5’ and 6’1” isn’t the make-or break

arguably they need an 8’ bed, a rack, or to still put their tailgate down in any event?
Having a shorter bed would be the equivalent of putting 12'ers into my bed and that makes me uncomfortable. Don't stress, it's ok if a 6' bed is better for me. It also allows me to lay 4x8 sheets with the gate down and it's all supported and not hanging off the back. I'm sure plenty of guys do just fine with a little bed, my lifestyle is different and I'm glad the Cybertruck is in the 6' range without being too long overall.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Don't stress, it's ok if a 6' bed is better for me.
oh, I'm not stressed

you didn't say 6' is better for your limited usecase

*you* said in effect, 'anyone needing a *real truck* needs a 6' bed'

For my brothers golf clubs and lifestyle, absolutely. But not if you actually do truck things on a regular basis.
i'm just *sort of* politely pointing out what a ridiculous thing that is to say

especially when it turns out your cited use case is merely hauling 10' stock
Sponsored