Akaash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Acura MDX
Occupation
IT Help Desk
Country flag
I need to know, would the Cybertruck be intimidating for people when it's literally millimeters off from the rear bumper of an inconsiderate driver? Because I found out that my current vehicle isn't intimidating enough (I thought super bright LEDs are intimidating enough).

The reason being for this thread: Saturday, May 22nd, I have happened to be behind a left lane hog going the same speed as the person on the travel lane (i.e.: BELOW the SPEED LIMIT) and wouldn't budge after at least 10 high beam flashes and me riding their rear end for a good while or so. And lets just say, the person's life(s) was saved (i.e.: douchecanoe that is inconsiderate, incited road rage) because I don't carry at all. And this is the first time I had this much rage and anger. The person was literally violating F.S. (Florida Stature) Title XXIII Chapter 316.

Yes, I am dragging the Sheriff's Office, Florida Highway Patrol, local news media into this issue; maybe I might be lucky enough to get local, state, and federal politicians involved.
Sponsored

OP
OP
datechboss101

datechboss101

First Name
Akaash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Acura MDX
Occupation
IT Help Desk
Country flag
The person's life was saved because you don't carry? You should never be allowed to carry with that sort of mentality.
I am always cool-headed, but this was a first; usually, people would move once they see a big vehicle in their rearview mirror (especially if they are hogging up the passing lane), but not this ignorant driver. And I honestly never thought I would get this far into this specific issue, but, I decided I had to get some action, and now forcing the police to enforce this law.

I see why and how this stuff gets deadly with shootings and all, and that's why I said their lives were safe. I also took the logical option and dragged law enforcement into this issue and going to drag politicians too.

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
@datechboss101 I don't know if you work outside the house but I'm curious if you'd do a simple survey. Ask a bunch of people what they would do if they were driving the fast lane and a vehicle cane up behind them and flashed their high beams. Then, ask them how much they cared and what their reaction would be. Then ask them what they think the law is about people high beaming.

I bet most people would answer, "move aside, a little pissed, move on with their life", and that they didn't know a high beam law existed. In my state, more people don't know about it than do.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Seems to be there were multiple inconsiderate and dangerous drivers on the road that day. You being one of them. Did you not consider that you were one of the drivers being aggressive and very dangerous; the other driver may have been carrying and your actions may have spurned them to grab their heater and place it on the seat next to them if you escalated your actions? You may have been the one whose life was saved that day.

“I’m always cool-headed….”except when you are not. Like then.

Was the driver a pin head? Yes, but in my view you were the bigger pin head.
(BTW - I do carry and when I do I check my ego and attitude at the door because I want to come home at the end of the night, not sit in a jail cell explaining to a very expensive lawyer why my getting to the QuikTrip 30 seconds faster was worth a life.)

Last edited:

Pappy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Hybrid Corolla, F250
Occupation
Retired Underground Coal Miner
Country flag
Yep… like so many post before me, I gotta ask, “what in tar nation were you thinking?” What is so important that you gotta get so upset over a few more seconds or minutes for that matter. Maybe if you took a “chill pill”, pulled back into the right lane, traffic may have moved along as it should. You won’t find this old timer in the fast lane very often, as I wish to enjoy things a lot more since I retired. Try it, you might like it. Death will come soon enough, for god sakes don’t provoke it.

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
My head hurts after reading this post and I hope it is a poor attempt at humor.

I'm licensed to carry a firearm, and you do not have the right mentality and maturity to carry. A firearm is to only be used as a last resort to prevent death or serious harm to someone. Using it as any other means is illegal, especially if it is for intimidation purposes for something as simple as a slow driver.

It also sounds like you do not have the right mentality to drive if you react by breaking multiple laws and endangering lives due to being inconvenienced by a slow driver.

I hope you never get a firearm or a CT, as you will give both of those groups a bad name.

gphenix

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
75th Anniversary Jeep Grand Cherokee, MERCEDES AMG SLC43
Country flag
@datechboss101 I don't know if you work outside the house but I'm curious if you'd do a simple survey. Ask a bunch of people what they would do if they were driving the fast lane and a vehicle cane up behind them and flashed their high beams. Then, ask them how much they cared and what their reaction would be. Then ask them what they think the law is about people high beaming.

I bet most people would answer, "move aside, a little pissed, move on with their life", and that they didn't know a high beam law existed. In my state, more people don't know about it than do.
In Texas you pull over to the right lane, why, because most do carry in Texas.

OP
OP
datechboss101

datechboss101

First Name
Akaash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Acura MDX
Occupation
IT Help Desk
Country flag
I was honestly trying to pass a slow driver on the right lane by going into the passing lane to pass them. Unfortunately, the person in front on the passing lane, ignited road rage with me, after not speeding up or moving over. (Literally, he had enough space in front of him that he can safely speed up and move over; I swear a couple semi's can fit in that space in front of him). I am the type of person that doesn't like causing traffic on the passing lane just in case if an emergency vehicle comes flying up with lights and sirens on.

DarinCT -- I actually had drivers flash their high beams at me, but, on a single lane road with a double solid yellow back when I was fairly a new driver. And yes, I had people even horn at me while driving on the travel lane on a 2 lane road (even had an idiot pass me and another driver on the shoulder of FL Turnpike North). This is nothing compared to all the Kens and Karens who hog up the left lane, which is super dangerous. Literally, I have no clue and no idea what goes in their minds on why they decided to be a road hazard by hogging up the left lane and not moving over. This isn't California, where its bumper to bumper traffic at all times of the day; there is a lot of space for them to safely change lanes, pass the intended vehicle(s), and merge back, but some of them are stubborn and ignorant. And there's no high-beam law, but there is a slowpoke law that exists, yet its barely being enforced.

FireTruck41 -- These are DOT-approved lights (I.e.: OEM Factory lights). All OEM lights and most aftermarket lights must be approved before they can be used by consumers.

Pappy-- I am literally trying to pass a vehicle on the right lane. It wouldn't be courteous of me to push a person driving the speed limit or below the speed limit on the right lane, because the right lane is known as the travel/cruising lane. By the way, this is a 2 lane highway on both sides. I thought this was clear as day: use the left lane to pass the slow people that are on the right lane and then safely merge back into the right lane; not hog up left lane and not move when many people are trying to use the left lane to pass. The Cheapo-MB was literally going the same slow speed as the vehicle I'm trying to pass.

Yes, this is the first time and hopefully, I want this to be the last time I personally get into this issue. Since this type of behavior ignites road rage, I am trying to make this a major issue that our politicians can address.

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
I have one piece of wisdom for you...its not worth all this.

If you are going to let one person driving poorly get to you this bad, I suggest you take a step back and re-evaluate what's important to you.

This happens every day here in Wisconsin. Hell, sometimes its a tractor that you cant legally pass for 5-10 miles. Take a deep breath, look around and admire something about your surroundings youve never seen before.

JudgeMetal

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am always cool-headed, but this was a first; usually, people would move once they see a big vehicle in their rearview mirror (especially if they are hogging up the passing lane), but not this ignorant driver. And I honestly never thought I would get this far into this specific issue, but, I decided I had to get some action, and now forcing the police to enforce this law.

I see why and how this stuff gets deadly with shootings and all, and that's why I said their lives were safe. I also took the logical option and dragged law enforcement into this issue and going to drag politicians too.
Their live were only safe because you didn’t have a gun?
kind of a weird statement.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
In Alabama it is against the law to lane hog the left lane on an interstate or four lane highway. That being said the idiots do it and seldom get a ticket for it. I usually just pass on the right and go on about my business unless they get ignorant.
Sponsored