JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
According to the Jetsons, the plan is to eventually have bots train humans. :)

1668194381524.png
Bots to train humans to be bots?

Isn't that what twitter and FB are for??
Sponsored

Raebrek

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Highlander, 2016 Subaru Outback
Country flag
Bots can't train people. Just other bots.

At least, that's what's in the plan so far.

-Crissa
[/QUOTE

You only need to train one bot and it doesn’t matter which one you train.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
We spent about 2 hours and saved $1000 by buying a used washer dryer set 3 years ago. Saved about $250 on a microwave/ convection oven which was o only oven for 12 months. Saved about $1000 on a fridge. Another $250 saved on a high end ceiling fan. Picked up $1000 lighting truss for $200.

I’ve had tremendous success getting a lot of major home purchases on Craigslist and the local renovation recycling place. It was a huge part of our goal of building for cash with now debt.

More than half our appliances are recycled/ used. Quite a bit of furniture too.

Not sure why you’ve had such bad luck. Maybe Bay Area gets pick clean?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
We spent about 2 hours and saved $1000 by buying a used washer dryer set 3 years ago. Saved about $250 on a microwave/ convection oven which was o only oven for 12 months. Saved about $1000 on a fridge. Another $250 saved on a high end ceiling fan. Picked up $1000 lighting truss for $200.

I’ve had tremendous success getting a lot of major home purchases on Craigslist and the local renovation recycling place. It was a huge part of our goal of building for cash with now debt.

Assuming others can have your luck is just bad planning.

Yeah, we've gotten good things off Craigslist. But there's not enough for everyone there.

-Crissa

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag

Facebook Marketplace is the new improved Craiglist. I have bought and sold much on it for free

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
For me. I have found it to have more inventory and I turn items quicker on it. For example I have sold a PWC and purchased a PWC on FBM. When searching for skis there were many more to select from.

There again that is just my experience. I have sold 2 cars and a truck on it this year quickly and with a high volume of people reaching out about my listings.

Deleted member 3316

Yes, work for Tesla so you can experience first hand Elon's dictatorial management style.

As a management guru commented, Musk maybe an excellent visionary, but not a good leader -- versus his boss-style of the old.
Business leadership is generally measured by productive output of the company, not the emotional safety of its employees. If the balance of emotional security and actual work done is off kilter productivity goes down. YoY 50% growth every year since roadster tells us Elon musk is an exceptionally excellent people manager. It’s quite clear Elon is deliberative not dictatorial and very much listens to the input from his engineers.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yes, work for Tesla so you can experience first hand Elon's dictatorial management style.

As a management guru commented, Musk maybe an excellent visionary, but not a good leader -- versus his boss-style of the old.
How many trillion dollar companies has this management guru created?

Tesla’s management style is roughly: Hire top talent. Motivate them to work exceptionally hard. Make them very wealthy. Replace them when they burn out. It’s a pressure cooker.

I suspect most people who take jobs at Tesla have a pretty good idea of this going into it. A lot of people who leave Tesla still love the company but just cannot sustain the pace and since they are now wealthy… don’t need to.

When someone says they have a better way of managing people, how are they measuring how it’s better, because it’s unlikely their technique is more effective at getting as much productivity out of a small team as Tesla’s is.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
How many trillion dollar companies has this management guru created?
So far Tesla is the only one.

SpaceX, The Boring Company, Neuralink have potential but are far from certain to be trillion dollar companies.

Tesla’s management style is roughly: Hire top talent. Motivate them to work exceptionally hard. Make them very wealthy. Replace them when they burn out. It’s a pressure cooker.

I suspect most people who take jobs at Tesla have a pretty good idea of this going into it. A lot of people who leave Tesla still love the company but just cannot sustain the pace and since they are now wealthy… don’t need to.

When someone says they have a better way of managing people, how are they measuring how it’s better, because it’s unlikely their technique is more effective at getting as much productivity out of a small team as Tesla’s is.
I don't think Tesla at the start could have had all top talent. Elon did not have the money then.
If Elon had all top talent & money, Sandy Munro should not have found so many issues with Model 3.

Tesla didn't even have any new ground breaking technology. It wasn't needed.

The legacy autos (Toyota, Nissan, Ford, GM, etc) all had access to the same technology, good engineers, and more money than Elon.

What Elon had was the some top talent (Franz, JB) and many good engineers (some with no auto experience) that Elon inspired to finally scale production of EVs to lower cost and make profit on selling EVs.

The reason EVs did not take-off before Elon & Tesla was because the legacy auto were purposely not interested in scaling the production of EVs.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I don't think Tesla at the start could have had all top talent. Elon did not have the money then.
If had all top talent & money, Sandy Munro should not have found so many issues with Model 3.
I’m pretty sure Musk had top talent even back then. Top talent makes mistakes, particularly when they are breaking new ground.

While they didn’t really have any “ground breaking tech”, they were applying it in ways nobody had before and pushing a lot of things harder than anyone else had. You are underselling what Tesla did here. Tesla didn’t have to create a compelling “Electric Vehicle”, he had to create an EV which was good enough to be an appealing purchase compared to ICE vehicles. That was a thing nobody had even come remotely close to previously. (No, the EV1 was not).

Legacy auto didn’t have the motivation or the creativity to make it work.
Sponsored