Jeanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck pre-order.
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
you’re stretching preeeety far there and coming across more butt-hurt than reasonable. may as well “argue” it’s AI-generated while you’re at it.

The irony is, you don’t even realize your story makes Elon and his crew sound like truck/offroad idiots.

Because what is clear from the photos is they’re on a black gumbo field road in south texas after the rains we’ve had this week, on those tires.

Lighten up. Trucks get stuck. It’s funny.

It’s only not funny if the credibility of the CT is so fragile that a single PR mishap would make your world crumble
... he has a very strong point though. If there was any proof of needing to be towed, any images of that would be priceless to so many.
It is easy to get stuck, wrong tires, getting high-ish centered on the mud, so many ways. If they were stuck, you can bet Elon is going to try and fix the problem. This might be a boon for all of us reservation holders in the end.
I wonder if the air suspension was working. I wonder if that could have helped. I have so many questions. I can't wait for someone to ask Elon, instead of us having such a conjecture fest.
Sponsored

DryCabin

First Name
Jeanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck pre-order.
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
Yes, I hope they get it stuck, break it, flood it and do all of the things we've been doing with trucks for years. I certainly hope they do this before they sell it to me so I don't have to wonder why they didn't. I hope they really test it in a bunch of different environments.

Off road capability is more insurance than anything else for me. I don't want to call somebody to drive to the middle of nowhere to pull me out.
Amen!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Twitter needed an enema, and got it. there's a reason that Twitter was abhorrently unprofitable before Elon bought it..... poor management.
It's been more unprofitable afterwards, just as a footnote.

I wonder if the exoskeleton (🙄) hit with the sledgehammer weakened the glass enough after the test throws backstage.
I think that's what Franz or Elon said later? Or that his overhand throw was harder than his test throws back stage. Or both.

-Crissa

Love2Cyber

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model X, Cyber Tri-Motor
Country flag

I think that's what Franz or Elon said later? Or that his overhand throw was harder than his test throws back stage. Or both.

-Crissa
That's interesting...first time I've heard someone defend the bloated waste that Twitter was before it was put on a virtual treadmill / shed 70%+ of their waste. Do you have a link to show their current profits (now private) vs. their former publicly posted profits? I call bs.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's interesting...first time I've heard someone defend the bloated...
Not defending. Just pointing out facts. It definitely wasn't operating 'good' before, and it's not 'better' now. Twitter has never been a great place. It's a bad concept that's been used for some good.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It’s less than a year after a major transition with thousands laid off.

Likely to break even this year and likely to be much more profitable in the long run. Not sure where it is going, but it was a moribund dinosaur with little hope of ever growing significantly. They have added more features in the past 9 months than in the prior 3 years. If Musk had kept the politics out of it, nobody would question that it’s a much healthier platform at this point.

Edit: fixed the thing @MiguelAznar pointed out below.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s less than a year after a major transition with thousands laid off.

Likely to break even this year and likely to be much more profitable in the long run. Not sure where it is going, but it was a moribund dinosaur with little hope of ever growing significantly. They have added more features in the past 9 months than in the prior 3 years. If Musk had kept the politics out of it, nobody would question that it’s a much healthier platform at this point.

Edit: fixed the thing @MiguelAznar pointed out below.
They have announced more features.

They actually delivered lots of features on the back end in the last three years. Things that were making it almost reasonable to use.

Is it going to break even? I don't know. I don't see how. I wouldn't use it if there was another option that public entities like media or government used to collect their announcements.

-Crissa

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Musk just announced they have a new CEO coming in for Twitter. It’s a woman, so I’m thinking maybe Sheryl Sandberg? Not sure who else makes sense.

Someone suggested a woman from CNBC, but I can’t imagine Musk hiring someone from a mainstream media company.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Someone suggested a woman from CNBC, but I can’t imagine Musk hiring someone from a mainstream media company.
are you confusing that with the chairman of global advertising and partnerships at NBCUniversal?

it’s an ad platform that’s lost it’s advertisers

Love2Cyber

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model X, Cyber Tri-Motor
Country flag
Not defending. Just pointing out facts. It definitely wasn't operating 'good' before, and it's not 'better' now. Twitter has never been a great place. It's a bad concept that's been used for some good.

-Crissa
I actually haven't seen that they're losing more now. Would love to see the "facts".